2021 Class B Season early prediction

2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby Sportsmom5 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:38 pm

Thoughts on how this season might be?
Sportsmom5
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby vikingman » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:50 am

CC vs Kindred-Richland condensed game: https://youtu.be/IDhe1cjRgTw
4K version probably won't be done processing until late Sunday.

Kindred-Richland is #2 in the pre-season poll, yet only 3 of their players were older than 9th grade. Since there was no season last year, most of the players were 7th graders during the last playable season. So on what basis are they getting ranked so high? Great returning pitching? A very good JV team two years ago? They played CC very close (4-2), so obviously they ARE good--just wondering how people knew this in advance when they are so young.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby Flip » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:44 pm

Any thoughts on the season thus far? I'm wondering if maybe this is the year Thompson can beat the powerhouse schools down south.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby leroybla » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:50 pm

Flip wrote:Any thoughts on the season thus far? I'm wondering if maybe this is the year Thompson can beat the powerhouse schools down south.
While it looks like Thompson, CC, and Kindred all participated in the East West event last weekend, all the scores are not reported. Looks like Kindred won two (at least) of their 3 scheduled games, while CC and Thompson won all three of theirs. Thompson appeared to have some trouble with Velva, but the rest of the games for CC and Thompson were blowouts. Thompson travels to CC on May 11 and Kindred plays in Thompson on the May 13. Is Thompson the team to beat in the north valley area? BTW, CC will play in Kindred on April 27. Their earlier game in Casselton was won by CC 4-2.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby ballernd » Tue May 04, 2021 9:57 am

WOW Thompson 35 Larimore 0!!!!!! I watched on the basketball thread how some teams got bashed on running up the score. Is this not the same thing?
ballernd
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:06 am

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby Flip » Wed May 05, 2021 12:19 pm

ballernd wrote:WOW Thompson 35 Larimore 0!!!!!! I watched on the basketball thread how some teams got bashed on running up the score. Is this not the same thing?

What would you prefer Thompson do?
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby leroybla » Fri May 07, 2021 9:15 pm

Central Cass defeated #1 Class A Dickinson today 3-1.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby vikingman » Sat May 08, 2021 8:00 am

Condensed game video of Central Cass vs Dickinson here:

https://youtu.be/idWcjyS7Rxk
Next time I'll know enough to set up in the bleachers instead of ground level. I hate shooting through the backstop screen, but I guess it's better than a clear shot from the side.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby Flip » Sat May 08, 2021 12:08 pm

vikingman wrote:Condensed game video of Central Cass vs Dickinson here:

https://youtu.be/idWcjyS7Rxk
Next time I'll know enough to set up in the bleachers instead of ground level. I hate shooting through the backstop screen, but I guess it's better than a clear shot from the side.

You need to learn how to embed the videos into your posts. Great quality. I like the view down the 3rd baseline. You get a good idea of how hard the pitchers are throwing.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby vikingman » Wed May 12, 2021 8:39 am

I hadn't paid that much attention to Thompson this year. I knew they were good, but didn't realize HOW good until yesterday. After CC completely shut down Dickinson's batters, Thompson was really getting good contact on a regular basis. I think CC made almost as many errors yesterday than they had in all the other home games combined, and let a couple of golden opportunities in the 6th and 7th slip away, and Thompson takes a 7-6 win.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby airmail » Wed May 12, 2021 12:58 pm

vikingman wrote:I hadn't paid that much attention to Thompson this year. I knew they were good, but didn't realize HOW good until yesterday. After CC completely shut down Dickinson's batters, Thompson was really getting good contact on a regular basis. I think CC made almost as many errors yesterday than they had in all the other home games combined, and let a couple of golden opportunities in the 6th and 7th slip away, and Thompson takes a 7-6 win.


Good chance that these teams may see each other a couple more times this season. Good matchups are great - especially given all of the lopsided games throughout the year.

Was looking at rosters and noticed the Kindred's group is very young! Only 1 senior and 1 junior. A lot of girls deciding not to play this year, or were there a lot of graduating players? Seemed odd for their successful program.
airmail
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby leroybla » Wed May 12, 2021 9:06 pm

I've heard that the Duchsherer girl plays AAU softball in SD, and the the Johnson girl is out for track (weights).Kindred's young team started the season with much success but has had trouble of late. May be factors that we are unaware of.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby Flip » Wed May 12, 2021 11:42 pm

leroybla wrote:I've heard that the Duchsherer girl plays AAU softball in SD, and the the Johnson girl is out for track (weights).Kindred's young team started the season with much success but has had trouble of late. May be factors that we are unaware of.

I don't think Duchscherer has ever played softball for Kindred. She hasn't played the last few years for sure.
I was actually wondering if she might play next year though. I don't know this well, but is it possible this is her last season off AAU softball?
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby BelfieldBantams » Thu May 13, 2021 7:19 am

There is no point for duchscherer to play school ball. She at best would get 1 hitable pitch a night. She’s hits a bomb off of that and then walks the rest of the night. The level that she plays at compared to the level of Nd class b softball is not comparable. It’s odd but she could be the best softball player in Nd history and she may never play a game in our state.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:56 pm

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby leroybla » Thu May 13, 2021 10:28 am

She's committed to Alabama for softball after next year. One wonders, if that's her primary sport, what keeps her here in ND for her senior season?
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby Flip » Thu May 13, 2021 10:34 am

leroybla wrote:She's committed to Alabama for softball after next year. One wonders, if that's her primary sport, what keeps her here in ND for her senior season?

What is the hurry to start your college career?
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby leroybla » Thu May 13, 2021 11:21 am

She may very well be in no hurry to start her college career. I think that's fine. Having said that, her transition to D1 college softball may be easier if she was more acquanted with the neighborhood. Moving an 18 year old to a new culture could be traumatic. I really doubt she (and family) would make such a move, but it's a possibility. Would anyone be surprised if her parents relocated to Alabama after next year?
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby Flip » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:04 pm

Thompson vs CC for the title.
O/U total runs 5.5?
There have been some low-scoring games. I would expect that today as well.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby vikingman » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:52 pm

Two previous meetings, each team winning by 1 run. In the first game, Thompson was making good contact against Lindstrom (mostly singles), but 3 or 4 of their 7 runs were unearned. Second meeting was a 2-1 win by CC. I guess that makes it more or less a toss-up tonight.

I should probably go back and check previous tournament scores before making this statement, but just from memory it seems that the western teams have done better this year than in previous years. They won two on opening day, and nearly knocked off CC. CC was fortunate to win both of their games so far--they were down by a run in both until late. That hasn't happened in previous tournaments against the west.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:24 pm

vikingman wrote:Two previous meetings, each team winning by 1 run. In the first game, Thompson was making good contact against Lindstrom (mostly singles), but 3 or 4 of their 7 runs were unearned. Second meeting was a 2-1 win by CC. I guess that makes it more or less a toss-up tonight.

I should probably go back and check previous tournament scores before making this statement, but just from memory it seems that the western teams have done better this year than in previous years. They won two on opening day, and nearly knocked off CC. CC was fortunate to win both of their games so far--they were down by a run in both until late. That hasn't happened in previous tournaments against the west.


The west has caught up in both classes in softball this year
WalkingStick
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby Flip » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:16 pm

Flip wrote:Thompson vs CC for the title.
O/U total runs 5.5?
There have been some low-scoring games. I would expect that today as well.

The Under wins.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby vikingman » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:36 am

Not only did CC win the Class B tourney, they also beat Class A winner Dickinson when they played during the regular season. The CC offense struggled during the tourney, but the pitching and defense were great.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby vikingman » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:47 am

I only watched the CC games--did the other teams ride a single pitcher for all games, or did they use multiple pitchers like CC?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby Flip » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:15 am

vikingman wrote:I only watched the CC games--did the other teams ride a single pitcher for all games, or did they use multiple pitchers like CC?

Thompson's 2nd pitcher threw a 1-hitter in the semi-finals. I'm not sure about other teams.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2021 Class B Season early prediction

Postby leroybla » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:46 pm

I believe CC will return at least 2 experienced pitchers (Richter and Nelson) next year, but I expect there's more. Coach Kost keeps them coming.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:47 pm


Return to Girls softball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests