High School season 2022

Re: High School season 2022

Postby Sportsrube » Thu May 05, 2022 9:59 am

The Schwab wrote:
ballaholic#3 wrote:No great solution but 3 possible ones off top of my head.

1. Most realistic-high school baseball extends into mid June followed by a short Legion season. A negative consequence is summer involvement will possibly dip, and/or you’ll see more teams in bigger towns offering Legion earlier (like Post 400)

2. No high school baseball- easy in theory, but some towns would legitimately suffer. I believe possibly in class A schools that this is more realistic. Legion season would start earlier and kids would get more games in for a longer season.

3. Switch fall and spring sports- makes more sense in this climate. Football would end with good weather, kids that get injured have a summer to recover. Track would get outside right away and athletes would be prepped for a good season. It wouldn’t be such a bad thing for kids to get some breaks from activities during the school year. Maybe girls basketball starts a little earlier and doesn’t run up against boys basketball. Then, girls would get geared up for spring volleyball. Makes sense to me, but it won’t work because of the tradition of football in the fall. I’d argue that high school football tradition is dying in this state with a lack of parity in most contests at all levels even up through state title… this is a pipe dream but you can’t argue that it makes some sense on a surface level.


Your number 3 legitimately makes the most sense. Could you imagine the uproar if football wasn't played in the fall? I've also been a big proponent of switching it back so girls and boys basketball would take place in different seasons.


I think the vast majority of sports fans in ND would love to see GBB moved back to the fall and VB moved back to the winter. Since the switch, attendance at VB matches has not increase and attendance at GBB games has decreased (at least in our area). I think the switch is one of the biggest reasons we are seeing a drop in the number of participants in GBB in our area.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: High School season 2022

Postby Flip » Thu May 05, 2022 10:46 am

I realize this has gotten off topic, but why not switch volleyball and softball? I see there are six states that play softball in the spring. I assume volleyball is played in the spring. Volleyball doesn't need decent weather.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: High School season 2022

Postby ballaholic#3 » Thu May 05, 2022 12:16 pm

I would think Track & Field would die if volleyball and softball were switched... The reality is that a six-7 week fall season of these sports is more fruitful than a 10 week spring season.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:51 pm

Re: High School season 2022

Postby Sportsrube » Fri May 06, 2022 1:36 pm

ballaholic#3 wrote:I would think Track & Field would die if volleyball and softball were switched... The reality is that a six-7 week fall season of these sports is more fruitful than a 10 week spring season.


In our area track and field is already dying. It is getting to expensive for schools to maintain their facilities and they end up traveling half way across the state to get to a meet. We have 4 schools in our area that have facilities, but only 1 hosts meets. The other facilities are OK for practice but do not meet the standards to hold a HS meet. The other issue is the large number of workers you need to put on a track meet. A lot of the schools in our area only do the basic running and throwing events. They do not pole vault (lack of equipment and qualified coaches), they do not do high jump (lack of equipment for practice) and they do not run hurdles (lack of equipment). Track is already dying in our area, which is sad because it is a great sport for developing all kinds of motor skills that will help you in other sports.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: High School season 2022

Postby NDPREP » Tue May 10, 2022 6:42 am

Hardest part about asking people to work a track meet is when it runs from 10am to 10pm because of the amount of entries... the good ones have some baseline you need to meet as an entrant, no 130 kids throwing shot and over half throw 13 feet. Just unnecessary (sorry rant over)
NDPREP
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:04 am

Re: High School season 2022

Postby Sportsrube » Tue May 10, 2022 8:22 am

NDPREP wrote:Hardest part about asking people to work a track meet is when it runs from 10am to 10pm because of the amount of entries... the good ones have some baseline you need to meet as an entrant, no 130 kids throwing shot and over half throw 13 feet. Just unnecessary (sorry rant over)


I agree. I feel the same way about golf. When you have a Varsity golfer (boys) who gets a circle 10 on 12 of the 18 holes you have to question why they are allowed to compete in a Varsity event.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: High School season 2022

Postby Sportsrube » Thu May 12, 2022 9:22 am

Anyone know when the Region seedings will be done? Curious to see the number of games some teams have played as compared to others.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: High School season 2022

Postby BelfieldBantams » Fri May 13, 2022 8:35 am

Sportsrube wrote:Anyone know when the Region seedings will be done? Curious to see the number of games some teams have played as compared to others.


Looks like the latest regular season game that I saw was May 19th, with regionals starting shortly afterwards. Region 1's last regular season game is May 16th with the play in game being played the next day. Some region tournaments are going to run until the day before State Track, so if there is a rainout during the tournament things may get interesting for some teams.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:56 pm

Re: High School season 2022

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Fri May 13, 2022 10:53 am

Region 5:
Believe North Star and Rugby are both undefeated in region play. They are scheduled to play one another on Monday, May 16th (weather permitting). Winner will be 1 seed and loser 2. Play in games are scheduled to start Thursday, May 19th.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 am

Re: High School season 2022

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Fri May 13, 2022 12:13 pm

Sportsrube wrote:Anyone know when the Region seedings will be done? Curious to see the number of games some teams have played as compared to others.


Believe North Star is 4-0. As stated above, will play Rugby Monday. That will be the end of their regular season having played each team in the region 1 time. 5 games heading into regional tournament play. Wow. I'm sure that is probably similar to what many teams are facing across the state due to weather.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 am

Re: High School season 2022

Postby BelfieldBantams » Tue May 17, 2022 8:13 am

Region 1 standings are complete
1. Central Cass
2. Northern Cass
3. Kindred
4. Oakes
5. Oak Grove. Not completely sure between 4 and 5 but they play each other in the first round either way
6. Enderlin
7. Hankinson area

First game 6 vs 7 is tonight in Enderlin.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:56 pm

Re: High School season 2022

Postby bingobangobongo » Tue May 17, 2022 8:29 am

BelfieldBantams wrote:Region 1 standings are complete
1. Central Cass
2. Northern Cass
3. Kindred
4. Oakes
5. Oak Grove. Not completely sure between 4 and 5 but they play each other in the first round either way
6. Enderlin
7. Hankinson area

First game 6 vs 7 is tonight in Enderlin.


Could you post the tourney bracket/schedule if you have it?
bingobangobongo
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:52 am

Re: High School season 2022

Postby bison football73 » Tue May 17, 2022 10:39 am

Region 3 is also complete

#1 Lamoure vs. Bye
#2 Carrington vs. Bye
#3 Kidder County vs. #6 New Rockford/Sheyenne
#4 Midkota/Dakota Prairie vs. #5 South Border
bison football73
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: High School season 2022

Postby BelfieldBantams » Tue May 17, 2022 11:00 am

bingobangobongo wrote:
BelfieldBantams wrote:Region 1 standings are complete
1. Central Cass
2. Northern Cass
3. Kindred
4. Oakes
5. Oak Grove. Not completely sure between 4 and 5 but they play each other in the first round either way
6. Enderlin
7. Hankinson area

First game 6 vs 7 is tonight in Enderlin.


Could you post the tourney bracket/schedule if you have it?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 10.57.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 10.57.24 AM.png (115.55 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:56 pm

Re: High School season 2022

Postby Sportsrube » Thu May 19, 2022 9:42 pm

bison football73 wrote:Region 3 is also complete

#1 Lamoure vs. Bye
#2 Carrington vs. Bye
#3 Kidder County vs. #6 New Rockford/Sheyenne
#4 Midkota/Dakota Prairie vs. #5 South Border


I will be surprised if anyone comes within 6 runs of beating LaMoure in this tournament.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: High School season 2022

Postby Sportsrube » Fri May 20, 2022 9:49 pm

Once again the weather is raising heck with games.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: High School season 2022

Postby Sportsrube » Mon May 23, 2022 5:23 pm

Sportsrube wrote:
bison football73 wrote:Region 3 is also complete

#1 Lamoure vs. Bye
#2 Carrington vs. Bye
#3 Kidder County vs. #6 New Rockford/Sheyenne
#4 Midkota/Dakota Prairie vs. #5 South Border


I will be surprised if anyone comes within 6 runs of beating LaMoure in this tournament.



That prediction didn't hold water! LaMoure over South Border in game #1 7-5.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: High School season 2022

Postby NDPREP » Thu May 26, 2022 12:42 pm

Beulah Wins Region 8
NDPREP
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:04 am

Re: High School season 2022

Postby Sportsrube » Thu May 26, 2022 4:13 pm

LaMoure won Region 3.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: High School season 2022

Postby Flip » Thu May 26, 2022 4:38 pm

Langdon won R4.
MPCG/Thompson playing for R2. MPCG would have to win twice.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: High School season 2022

Postby Flip » Thu May 26, 2022 9:02 pm

MPCG had to forfeit in the 4th inning because a kid threw too many pitches. Is that an accurate statement?
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: High School season 2022

Postby Sportsrube » Fri May 27, 2022 2:10 pm

Flip wrote:MPCG had to forfeit in the 4th inning because a kid threw too many pitches. Is that an accurate statement?


Yes, that is an accurate statement.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Previous

Return to Class B

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests