2021 Season

2021 Season

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:02 pm

South Border will be adding HS Baseball to their sports programs this spring. Not sure what region they will be in.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 989
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: 2021 Season

Postby GJF85 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:39 pm

Region 3 it looks like with Carrington, Kidder County/Napoleon/Gackle-Streeter, LaMoure/Litchville-Marion (coming over from Region 1), Medina/Pingree-Buchanan, Midkota/Dakota Prairie/Lakota/Griggs County Central/Kensal, and New Rockford-Sheyenne
GJF85
Joshua 1:9
ND High School Baseball & Softball Website in Progress
User avatar
GJF85
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: 2021 Season

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:13 pm

GJF85 wrote:Region 3 it looks like with Carrington, Kidder County/Napoleon/Gackle-Streeter, LaMoure/Litchville-Marion (coming over from Region 1), Medina/Pingree-Buchanan, Midkota/Dakota Prairie/Lakota/Griggs County Central/Kensal, and New Rockford-Sheyenne


I believe you are right. I have heard that Medina-Pingree-Buchanon will only be playing a JV schedule this spring.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 989
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: 2021 Season

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:19 pm

Sportsrube wrote:South Border will be adding HS Baseball to their sports programs this spring. Not sure what region they will be in.

Region tournament in Tolna. They're going to put some mile in.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2021 Season

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:03 pm

Flip wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:South Border will be adding HS Baseball to their sports programs this spring. Not sure what region they will be in.

Region tournament in Tolna. They're going to put some mile in.


Still probably less miles than the South Border football team puts in! :lol:
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 989
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: 2021 Season

Postby sportsphenom » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:01 pm

If this weather keeps up these kids will get a great spring season (knock on wood).
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: 2021 Season

Postby GJF85 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:43 pm

Sportsrube wrote:
GJF85 wrote:Region 3 it looks like with Carrington, Kidder County/Napoleon/Gackle-Streeter, LaMoure/Litchville-Marion (coming over from Region 1), Medina/Pingree-Buchanan, Midkota/Dakota Prairie/Lakota/Griggs County Central/Kensal, and New Rockford-Sheyenne


I believe you are right. I have heard that Medina-Pingree-Buchanon will only be playing a JV schedule this spring.


Ah, I think M/P-B did a JV schedule in 2019 as well. Is it a numbers issue?
GJF85
Joshua 1:9
ND High School Baseball & Softball Website in Progress
User avatar
GJF85
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: 2021 Season

Postby GJF85 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:44 pm

sportsphenom wrote:If this weather keeps up these kids will get a great spring season (knock on wood).

What more can baseball ask for? Absolutely!
GJF85
Joshua 1:9
ND High School Baseball & Softball Website in Progress
User avatar
GJF85
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: 2021 Season

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:47 am

Hard to believe the boys have been outside on the mound Pitching already. Taking grounders on the field. Batting practice was still been inside... saving the bats I would guess..... I can not wait to watch some baseball.. It is going to be a very long season once you throw in legion.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2021 Season

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:00 am

GJF85 wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:
GJF85 wrote:Region 3 it looks like with Carrington, Kidder County/Napoleon/Gackle-Streeter, LaMoure/Litchville-Marion (coming over from Region 1), Medina/Pingree-Buchanan, Midkota/Dakota Prairie/Lakota/Griggs County Central/Kensal, and New Rockford-Sheyenne


I believe you are right. I have heard that Medina-Pingree-Buchanon will only be playing a JV schedule this spring.


Ah, I think M/P-B did a JV schedule in 2019 as well. Is it a numbers issue?


I believe it is a numbers issue, but now I see they are playing in the Sheyyenne-NewRockford/Carrington Tournament so maybe they are playing a Varsity schedule this year. I give MPB a ton of credit for keeping their program going over the years, hard to do for a small school.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 989
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: 2021 Season

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:57 pm

I heard that Sargent County is going to Oaks for Baseball this year. That should be a great program this year. Who else will be good?
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2021 Season

Postby BelfieldBantams » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:53 pm

maddog1971 wrote:I heard that Sargent County is going to Oaks for Baseball this year. That should be a great program this year. Who else will be good?


If you look at last year's state summer tourneys, my guess is both LaMoure and Langdon will be very good. LaMoure won both Legion and Babe Ruth State championships. Langdon I know finished 2nd in Babe Ruth and they had a good Legion tourney too but don't remember exactly where they finished.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:56 pm

Re: 2021 Season

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:20 pm

LaMoure is always solid defensively, has good pitching and a lot of depth on the mound and enough hitting to get the job done. It is one of the best HS and Summer programs in the state in my opinion. Moving into Region 3 probably isn't going to change much for them.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 989
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: 2021 Season

Postby GJF85 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:55 pm

Sportsrube wrote:
GJF85 wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:
GJF85 wrote:Region 3 it looks like with Carrington, Kidder County/Napoleon/Gackle-Streeter, LaMoure/Litchville-Marion (coming over from Region 1), Medina/Pingree-Buchanan, Midkota/Dakota Prairie/Lakota/Griggs County Central/Kensal, and New Rockford-Sheyenne


I believe you are right. I have heard that Medina-Pingree-Buchanon will only be playing a JV schedule this spring.


Ah, I think M/P-B did a JV schedule in 2019 as well. Is it a numbers issue?


I believe it is a numbers issue, but now I see they are playing in the Sheyyenne-NewRockford/Carrington Tournament so maybe they are playing a Varsity schedule this year. I give MPB a ton of credit for keeping their program going over the years, hard to do for a small school.


Sportsrube I agree completely. We'll see what the upcoming season has to bring.
GJF85
Joshua 1:9
ND High School Baseball & Softball Website in Progress
User avatar
GJF85
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: 2021 Season

Postby GJF85 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:58 pm

BelfieldBantams wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:I heard that Sargent County is going to Oaks for Baseball this year. That should be a great program this year. Who else will be good?


If you look at last year's state summer tourneys, my guess is both LaMoure and Langdon will be very good. LaMoure won both Legion and Babe Ruth State championships. Langdon I know finished 2nd in Babe Ruth and they had a good Legion tourney too but don't remember exactly where they finished.


Langdon Red Sox took 3rd in the B Independent State Tournament (Legion)
GJF85
Joshua 1:9
ND High School Baseball & Softball Website in Progress
User avatar
GJF85
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: 2021 Season

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:51 am

Baseball starts this week... so that means bring on the RAIN.... That is the best way to end a drought. Anyone know how Park River is this year? I think Lamoure and LEM are the favorites to win this year.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2021 Season

Postby packers21 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:07 am

maddog1971 wrote:Baseball starts this week... so that means bring on the RAIN.... That is the best way to end a drought. Anyone know how Park River is this year? I think Lamoure and LEM are the favorites to win this year.



Perfect the poor towns where the parents dont care about success need rain
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2021 Season

Postby Flip » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:50 pm

How about the favorites in each region?
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2021 Season

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:08 am

Region 1 Richland/Kindred (maybe NC or CC as well)
Region 2 Not Sure... I think a few close teams May-Port CG High School???
Region 3 LaMoure-Litchville/Marion
Region 4 LEM
Region 5 Rugby??? Not sure here either
Region 6 Bishop Ryan
Region 7 Renville County
Region 8 Shiloh?? Not sure here either
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2021 Season

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:35 am

Have there been many games yet? I see almost nothing in the Bismarck Tribune (no surprise there) and I have heard very little about games being played. I know LaMoure and Carrington both beat South Border this spring in Region 3.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 989
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: 2021 Season

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:20 am

Not to much baseball going on so far. A handful of games. This cold snap of weather makes the games that are being played miserable and I don't think you are seeing really good baseball yet. Looks like a big week for games and we will get a better feel for the teams out there. I did see Central Cass did beat Thompson which as a surprise for me.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2021 Season

Postby sportsphenom » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:12 am

LaMoure is looking good early in the season. As said above they beat SB, beat Midkota/Griggs County 22-0 and beat Oakes last night 7-3. Good group of kids who've had a lot of success in summer baseball the last few years.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: 2021 Season

Postby GJF85 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:50 pm

Up north, Surrey's off to a good start as well so far. Wins over Des Lacs-Burlington 13-2 and 24-10, Ray 6-2, Washburn/Wilton/Center-Stanton 17-0, and they split a doubleheader with Minot Bishop Ryan/South Prairie, losing the first 6-2, but winning the next one 5-4.
Other teams with hot starts are Kindred/Richland, May-Port CG, and Renville County, each in the 0 to 1 loss range.
GJF85
Joshua 1:9
ND High School Baseball & Softball Website in Progress
User avatar
GJF85
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: 2021 Season

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:40 am

Was in Enderlin on Friday for the day. Weather was stupid. Made for some bad baseball... The pitchers could not grip the ball, hands frozen in with the heavy misting... kids could not see the ball. Was great for the the hitters... fielders could not throw or see the ball... and the wind was blowing out. Many home runs hit with Enderlin short fences. First game saw 5 balls leave the yard. Kindred had two and FSHP had 3. First inning was 11 to 4 in favor of FSHP. Kindred won the game after time limit stop of 16 to 12.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2021 Season

Postby sportsphenom » Wed May 05, 2021 9:39 am

Current leaders in each region
Region 1: Central Cass- this region always seems to be up for grabs
Region 2: Mayport- don't count out Thompson though
Region 3: LaMoure L-M- New Rockford and Kidder both game them a game, should be interesting tournament
Region 4: Langdon- don't see anyone beating them in this region
Region 5: 3 way tie for 1st, I don't know this region at all
Region 6: Velva- Surrey always has a good team so don't count them out
Region 7: Looks like Renville- but again I don't know much about this region either
Region 8: Shiloh- with Beaulah right there

The next couple of weeks are going to be jammed packed full of games so some of these regions will probably change. Right now my only shoe in for state is Langdon
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:25 pm


Return to Class B

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests