East-West Classic

East-West Classic

Postby HometownHigh » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:46 pm

ANyone have any word on this tournament?
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Re: East-West Classic

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:13 am

1) Lisbon
2) oakes
hillsboro, napoleon, hettinger, i believe rounded out the top five
new salem, lamoure, beach, carrington, and ? in the next five.....can't remember for sure, wasn't listening closely at the start of the awards

kriss mccleary tied and broke the state consecutive match win with his 93rd and 94th wins on friday and then added two more wins on saturday

119 got interesting; josh kelly was injured and rusk got into finals then; tandesky upset nord in the other and rusk more than handled tandesky in the final
103 loepp
112 carrington
171 killdeer
189 hillsboro gutmiller
285 harvey
140 nord lisbon
130 lamoure
lots of tough matches, and some early upsets; sorry didn't have a book so my memory is sketchy on some of the weights
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby inittowinit » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:41 pm

Beger got screwed on a slam call in the finals at 130
inittowinit

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:51 pm

inittowinit wrote:Beger got screwed on a slam call in the finals at 130

according to the rules, when you have an opponent in the air, you are responsible to bring them safely to the mat.....that means some part of your body must touch before theirs.......that was not the case in that match......the refs correctly called the illegal move, and as the injured wrestler was not able to continue as a result of the illegal move, beger lost the match......as a senior, beger should have known this......two referees, both called it the same way......as well as the discussion at the head table with the off referees came to the same conclusion.
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:53 pm

luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:

according to the rules, when you have an opponent in the air, you are responsible to bring them safely to the mat.....that means some part of your body must touch before theirs.......that was not the case in that match......the refs correctly called the illegal move, and as the injured wrestler was not able to continue as a result of the illegal move, beger lost the match......as a senior, beger should have known this......two referees, both called it the same way......as well as the discussion at the head table with the off referees came to the same conclusion.

also, the officials on the side of the mat were reviewing the video of the move and again concurred the decision.
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wombat » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:00 am

luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:
luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:

also, the officials on the side of the mat were reviewing the video of the move and again concurred the decision.

It is against the rules to use video replay to form any sort of conclusions
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wombat » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:01 am

East/West Invitational

At New Salem

1, Lisbon, 178.5. 2, Oakes, 153.5. 3, Hettinger, 138.0. 4, Napoleon, 122.0. 5, Hillsboro, 121.0. 6, Carrington, 103.5. 7, Central Cass, 94.5. 8, Watford City, 93.5. 9, Lamoure, 89.0. 10, New Salem, 88.0. 11, Beach, 84.5. 12, Harvey, 84.0. 13, New Town, 82.5. 14, Rolla, 77.0. 15, Killdeer, 69.5. 16, Beulah-Hazen, 68.5. 17, Kenmare-Tioga, 52.5. 18, Minot Ryan, 40.0. 19, Des Lacs-Burlington, 37.0. 20, Standing Rock, 11.0. 21, Bowman, 4.0.

Individual results

Championship

103: Deven Leopp, Oakes, maj. dec. Jordan Mann, B-H, 13-0. 112: Jake Leber, Car, dec. Matt Rugby, DL-B, 13-11. 119: Mike Rusk, NS, dec. Nathan Tandeski, Rolla, 8-2. 125: Brad Steele, Beach, dec. Ryan Heisler, CC, 3-2. 130: Cole Gentzkow, Lamoure, def. Damian Berger, Beach, default. 135: Anthony Von Ruden, Hills, dec. Wells Johnson, Lis, 8-6. 140: Patrick Nord, Lis, pinned Evan Gross, Nap, 4:26. 145: Rowdy Lund, WC, dec. Jacob Anderson, Lis, 11-7. 152: Eric Orniston, Hett, dec. Ben Simons, Lis, 4-0. 160: Damon Weigel, Nap, dec. Jake McLean, Hills 6-0. 171: Corde Fredericks, Kill, pinned Kenny Keller, Har, 4:17. 189: Andrew Grothmann, Hills, pinned Amos Buehner, Kill, 1:03. 215: Kriss McCleary, Nap, maj. dec. Marshall Krebs, B-H, 14-0. 285: Bobby Bartz, Har, pinned Jesse Maly, Oakes, 4:58.

Consolation

103: Sean Elkins, Hett, pinned Jason Armitage, Lamoure, 1:41. 112: Brady Lund, WC, maj. dec. Nick Kelly, Har, 12-2. 119: Michael Nord, Lis, pinned Will Partlow, Car, 3:13. 125: Cody Gentzkow, Lamoure, dec. Lance Erlin, Oakes, 6-4. 135: Beau Voegeli, Oakes, dec. Chris Bahm, Car, 2-1. 140: Justin Wolff, Hett, dec. Josten Coleman, Oakes, 9-8. 145: Nate Seeger, NS, maj. dec. Tanner Boeddeker, Hills, 13-4. 152: Kyle Bahm, Car, dec. Billy Hall, NT, 1-0. 171: Devin Steele, Beach, dec. Chad Good, Rolla, 8-4. 189: Cody Kasprick, Oakes, dec. Brett Schroeder, Car, 7-2. 215: Zach Morast, Hett, dec. Jordan Stenson, Lis, 4-2. 285: Norman Strehlew, Hett, pinned David Gregory, MR, 2:25,

Fifth place

103: Dillon Matson, WC, pinned Preston Koenig, 1:35. 112: Ben Maliske, B-H, pinned Cody Schultz, CC, 2:33. 119: Josh Armitage, Kill, pinned Kristof Nelson, Lamoure, 4:58. 125: Justin Grinnell, NT, def. Reed Huether, Lis, default. 135: Mitch Laducer, Rolla, dec. Kirby Knudtson, WC, 4-2. 140: Reed Koenig, CC, dec. Donn Nelson, Lamoure, 6-1. 145: Taylor Ptacek, Oakes, dec. Tyler Christen, MR, 4-0. 152: Michael Bonn, Rolla, def. Kyle Haustveit, K-T, default. 160: Mckay Hogan, Hett, dec. Ernie Hicks, Oakes, 7-5. 171: Nathan Quandt, Oakes, def. Jonny Carter, Lis, default. 189: Cole Miller, Hett, dec. Nick Kasanke, B-H, 7-2. 215: Luke Wuori, Rolla, dec. Collin Larsen, CC, 6-2. 285: Michael Freadhoff, NS, def. Emillio Rios, NT, default.

Seventh place

103: Oakly Zink, Hills, dec. Cody Neumiller, NS, 6-3. 112: Jared Reis, Nap, pinned Willson Hallaway, Rolla, 2:07. 119: Braiden Overson, K-T, pinned Cody White, DL-B, 3:56. 125: Anthony Lafontaine, MR, pinned Monte Nilsen, NS, 3:56. 135: Tanner Wechau, NS, pinned Chase Peterson, DL-B, 3:52. 140: Ross Norby, WC, dec. Alex McLean, Hills, 13-12. 145: Josh Dullea, CC, maj. dec. Brett Szczur, NT, 15-4. 152: Josh Vetter, Har, pinned Chiristan Von Ruden, Hills, 3:26. 160: Paxton Perlichek, K-T, maj. dec. Charles Becker, NS, 14-2. 171: Garrett Beug, Hills, dec. Ryan Bugard, CC, 4-3. 189: R. Smith, Lis, dec. Logan McLean, CC, 6-4. 215: Trent Hall, NT, pinned Brandon Abrahamson, SR, :46. 285: Jason Harildstad, Car, pinned Zoran Raba, SR, 3:51.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:25 am

Wombat wrote:
luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:
luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:

It is against the rules to use video replay to form any sort of conclusions

i know that....
they didn't use it to form the conclusion.....they looked again after the decision was well over with
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby inittowinit » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:55 pm

alright first of all, berger is a junior, second of all, berger is a very physical wrestler and most likely didnt mean to do it. but i bet berger sent a message to gentzgow for the next time they wrestle. have you replayed the tapes? probably not. so you actually dont know if a part of bergers body hit the mat before gentzgows did. and does it doesnt say in the rulebook that a part of your body has to touch before your opponents.......get your facts straight buddy.

P.S. Did Gentzgow get injured? is there an actual injury? is he going to be able to compete the next competion? or did he just get hurt to gain a win in an important tournament for state tournament seeding reasons?
inittowinit

Postby msg4boys » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:14 am

Just to set things straight on whether Gentzkow was injured or not he was taken to the ER in Bismarck and after x-rays it was confirmed that he had a concussion and a neck sprain. He was given prescriptions for swelling of the neck muscles and for pain. As far as the seeding go it does not help Gentzkow any cuz now there is a chance that he will meet Berger in the semi's instead of a chance in the finals. The ref made the call on whether the match would continue or not cuz there was injury time left on the clock.
msg4boys
NDPreps Rookie

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:58 am

inittowinit wrote:alright first of all, berger is a junior, second of all, berger is a very physical wrestler and most likely didnt mean to do it. but i bet berger sent a message to gentzgow for the next time they wrestle. have you replayed the tapes? probably not. so you actually dont know if a part of bergers body hit the mat before gentzgows did. and does it doesnt say in the rulebook that a part of your body has to touch before your opponents.......get your facts straight buddy.

P.S. Did Gentzgow get injured? is there an actual injury? is he going to be able to compete the next competion? or did he just get hurt to gain a win in an important tournament for state tournament seeding reasons?

the rule book says it buster.....get your facts straight.....i was there as well......the lamoure kid did not fake anything.......
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby inittowinit » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:35 pm

so i just talked to an official, and u are right about the responsiblity of bringing your opponent back to the mat safely, but ur saying that the rulebook states that a part of your body must touch the mat before your opponents does. technically, your feet are on the mat, thats part of the body, and its touching the mat before the opponets body touches. not sure what year your living in, but that rule was YEARS ago. it is the refs responsiblity to interpret the rule, if the body is being slammed with force, or carelessness, it is a slam. so once again.....get your facts straight if you want to argue with me about rules. and thank you msg4boys for the results on gentzgows injury. i hope he gets better because its terrible a good wrestler end the season with an injury....what grade is he in?
inittowinit

Postby msg4boys » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:25 pm

Cole Gentzkow is a sophomore.
msg4boys
NDPreps Rookie

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:11 pm

inittowinit wrote:so i just talked to an official, and u are right about the responsiblity of bringing your opponent back to the mat safely, but ur saying that the rulebook states that a part of your body must touch the mat before your opponents does. technically, your feet are on the mat, thats part of the body, and its touching the mat before the opponets body touches. not sure what year your living in, but that rule was YEARS ago. it is the refs responsiblity to interpret the rule, if the body is being slammed with force, or carelessness, it is a slam. so once again.....get your facts straight if you want to argue with me about rules. and thank you msg4boys for the results on gentzgows injury. i hope he gets better because its terrible a good wrestler end the season with an injury....what grade is he in?

your feet don't count as the body part first........
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby inittowinit » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:29 pm

luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:
inittowinit wrote:so i just talked to an official, and u are right about the responsiblity of bringing your opponent back to the mat safely, but ur saying that the rulebook states that a part of your body must touch the mat before your opponents does. technically, your feet are on the mat, thats part of the body, and its touching the mat before the opponets body touches. not sure what year your living in, but that rule was YEARS ago. it is the refs responsiblity to interpret the rule, if the body is being slammed with force, or carelessness, it is a slam. so once again.....get your facts straight if you want to argue with me about rules. and thank you msg4boys for the results on gentzgows injury. i hope he gets better because its terrible a good wrestler end the season with an injury....what grade is he in?

oh it must say that too then huh?
inittowinit

Postby Coach » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:52 am

He was fine this weekend at regional duals.
Coach

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:52 pm

inittowinit wrote:
luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:

oh it must say that too then huh?[/quote

just call 701 845 3953 ask for Dave Carlsrud....he's the rules interpretation for wrestling and for any protest of officiating......since you don't believe me, call him........
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby inittowinit » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:30 pm

have you called him yet? even if you tell me that you did, not goin to believe ya. and ive already talked to jim ladbury who is a family friend and has been reffing college and high school wrestling for many years now. 3 girl basketball players and 1 wrestler? having 4 kids you must be thinking old time rules huh?
inittowinit

Return to Wrestling