upcoming players from the west

The teams in Class AAA

Re: upcoming players from the west

Postby Number7 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:51 pm

It all depends on the work people put in during the offseason. Somebody will step up and be the "superstars" for lack of a better term that people lcassify the likes of Wentz, Elgie, and Ingmanson.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:43 pm

sqeak63 wrote:
truballa4life wrote:well lets hear some names, and then try and compare those players to the guys who r graduating. sorry to say, but AAA football in North Dakota is gonna take a major hit
sqeak63 wrote:
Stormtrooper wrote:next year is going to be a boring year and i am not excited to see how bad everyone is going to be in the west. but all that aside, bruce govig will be a junior next year and he will be a stud to watch on defense. zach emil will also be a junior and he is going to be a stud at running back. andrew munson on the offensive and the defensive lines. and jack beitz, wentz's second best option this year as a junior, wiill be a senior but dont expect him to have the season he had this year because chs graduated 5 solid receivers which wentz could look for. beitz will be getting all the attention by defenses.

i dont really see how everyone thinks the west is gonna be bad next year every school has its fare share of very talented talented player seniors and the junior class next year may be one of the better all around classes we have seen in a long time

willi-brent qvale(2 way starter) jeff skadland and another big linemen i cant remember his name(2way starter).... but better then any seniors they had last year... diki-frenzle(2 way starter) sam herhauf and i hear they have a soph going to be a junior running back thats gonna be good... mandan-not very good but didn't have anything last year, century-munson(2 way starter), emil, hinrich...bismarck-winkles, karel(2 way starter), jake miller (injured), klein(2 way starter) esley thorton,(yes i go to bhs so i am bias but i think that list is lagit for them) and minot- kalvin larson(2 way starter) and the little schatz.... by this list ide say maybe we wont have the few GREAT players we did this year (elgie, wentz, schlosser, ingmenson) but ide say we there is more really good players who may work hard this summer and might be in the same category as those 4

Yeah I agree, BHS will have the most talent next year. Isaac Schwab from St. Mary's is a good LB and RB but he may be overlooked because of his team.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby truballa4life » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:53 pm

igemanson wasnt anything special this season, he was much better as a junior so dont try to throw him in with the great players cuz u go to bhs, he was the 3rd best linebacker on bhs too. but look at those names, they dont even come close to the guys who graduated this season skill wise.
sqeak63 wrote:
truballa4life wrote:well lets hear some names, and then try and compare those players to the guys who r graduating. sorry to say, but AAA football in North Dakota is gonna take a major hit
sqeak63 wrote:
Stormtrooper wrote:next year is going to be a boring year and i am not excited to see how bad everyone is going to be in the west. but all that aside, bruce govig will be a junior next year and he will be a stud to watch on defense. zach emil will also be a junior and he is going to be a stud at running back. andrew munson on the offensive and the defensive lines. and jack beitz, wentz's second best option this year as a junior, wiill be a senior but dont expect him to have the season he had this year because chs graduated 5 solid receivers which wentz could look for. beitz will be getting all the attention by defenses.

i dont really see how everyone thinks the west is gonna be bad next year every school has its fare share of very talented talented player seniors and the junior class next year may be one of the better all around classes we have seen in a long time

willi-brent qvale(2 way starter) jeff skadland and another big linemen i cant remember his name(2way starter).... but better then any seniors they had last year... diki-frenzle(2 way starter) sam herhauf and i hear they have a soph going to be a junior running back thats gonna be good... mandan-not very good but didn't have anything last year, century-munson(2 way starter), emil, hinrich...bismarck-winkles, karel(2 way starter), jake miller (injured), klein(2 way starter) esley thorton,(yes i go to bhs so i am bias but i think that list is lagit for them) and minot- kalvin larson(2 way starter) and the little schatz.... by this list ide say maybe we wont have the few GREAT players we did this year (elgie, wentz, schlosser, ingmenson) but ide say we there is more really good players who may work hard this summer and might be in the same category as those 4
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby truballa4life » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:56 pm

i mean out of the 25 first team all staters, 1 was a junior. And yes i know a vast majority r going to be seniors every year, but 1 underclassman?
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby sapp_99 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:31 pm

truballa4life wrote:igemanson wasnt anything special this season, he was much better as a junior so dont try to throw him in with the great players cuz u go to bhs, he was the 3rd best linebacker on bhs too. but look at those names, they dont even come close to the guys who graduated this season skill wise.

Ingemansen had more yards his junior year, but that does not mean he was not "as good". He did not have as many carries his senior season and I can't think of another fullback that was more productive running the ball (also a very good blocker). The reason he did not touch the ball as much was because he played both fullback and linebacker. And being the "3rd best linebacker" on the defense Bismarck had this year is not an insult at all.
sapp_99

Postby truballa4life » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:54 pm

im not trying to insult him, u just cant convince me that if ur gonna name the 4 top elite players from the west this season, that one of the names can be his.
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:59 pm

truballa4life wrote:im not trying to insult him, u just cant convince me that if ur gonna name the 4 top elite players from the west this season, that one of the names can be his.

you also have to take into acount that midway through the year he was playing with a severe high ankle sprain which basically never heels if you keep playing on it... if he doesn't do that i see him getting the bulk of the carries for bhs in the end of the season... and you could argue about the linebacker statement if he is a 1 way starter like thorton & he doesn't sprain his ankle he easily leads the team in tackles... i believe in all 3 play-off games for bhs he had double diget takles....and with the overall talent thing i believe that yes there is going to be less pure talent then there was last year(i mean look at the class of 08 in pretty much every sport pretty hard to match that) but what i took as an insult is saying there is going to be NO talent next year when there accually is a lot of good players..... and also sorry to st.marys and jamestown people i completly forgot about you ... i cant really think of anyone from jamestown but i know st.marys has a couple of good players in harris schwab and chuppe and a good junior class
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby sapp_99 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:40 pm

WDA COACHES
Mark Gibson- Bismarck
Barry Holmen- Minot
Dan Smrekar- St. Mary's
Dave Michaelson- Dickinson
Ron Wingenbach- Century
Pat O'Brien- Mandan
Bill Cahill- Jamestown
Todd Matthews- Williston

As long as these guys are still coaching there will never be a boring year in the WDA. They are great coaches, and great coaches produce quality players.
sapp_99

Postby whocares? » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:25 pm

sapp_99 wrote:WDA COACHES
Mark Gibson- Bismarck
Barry Holmen- Minot
Dan Smrekar- St. Mary's
Ron Wingenbach- Century
Pat O'Brien- Mandan
Bill Cahill- Jamestown
Todd Matthews- Williston

As long as these guys are still coaching there will never be a boring year in the WDA. They are great coaches, and great coaches produce quality players.

are you being serious when you say that every coach in the wda is a great coach?
if they were all great coaches then maybe mandan would have won a game or williston would have won more than one game.
whocares?

Postby sapp_99 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:18 pm

whocares? wrote:
Mark Gibson- Bismarck
Barry Holmen- Minot
Dan Smrekar- St. Mary's
Ron Wingenbach- Century
Pat O'Brien- Mandan
Bill Cahill- Jamestown
Todd Matthews- Williston

are you being serious when you say that every coach in the wda is a great coach?
if they were all great coaches then maybe mandan would have won a game or williston would have won more than one game.

Not every individual coach is great, but when you look at the west region coaches overall they are pretty dang good. In any league there are going to be at least a couple of teams that are not very good and this changes from year to year. Mandan went 6-4 (5-2 WDA) last year while Century finished 3-6 (2-5 WDA). This year Mandan did not win a game and Century made it to the semis. Having a bad season does not make you a bad coach.
sapp_99

Postby baseball18 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:14 pm

sapp_99 wrote:
whocares? wrote:
Mark Gibson- Bismarck
Barry Holmen- Minot
Dan Smrekar- St. Mary's
Ron Wingenbach- Century
Pat O'Brien- Mandan
Bill Cahill- Jamestown
Todd Matthews- Williston

Not every individual coach is great, but when you look at the west region coaches overall they are pretty dang good. In any league there are going to be at least a couple of teams that are not very good and this changes from year to year. Mandan went 6-4 (5-2 WDA) last year while Century finished 3-6 (2-5 WDA). This year Mandan did not win a game and Century made it to the semis. Having a bad season does not make you a bad coach.

I agree. St. Mary's hasn't had a good team since '04 but I believe Dan Smrekar is one of the best coaches in the state.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby whocares? » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:40 pm

sapp_99 wrote:
whocares? wrote:
Mark Gibson- Bismarck
Barry Holmen- Minot
Dan Smrekar- St. Mary's
Ron Wingenbach- Century
Pat O'Brien- Mandan
Bill Cahill- Jamestown
Todd Matthews- Williston

Well, I mean, shouldn't a truly great coach be able to get something out of nothing? I'll use O'Brien as an example. Mandan went from having 6 wins last year to going winless this year. I believe they returned Andy Hoff as QB, the most important position, and possibly Steve Pletan as RB from last year, yet they still didn't win. Honestly, I don't follow high school football very much so I don't know how man people they lost, but to go from 6 wins to 0 wins can't be a truly great coach.

Maybe i just took your comment of being a "great coach" out of context. I don't think they are all great coaches. I suppose you could call them all good coaches, since they all have a head coaching job.They are certainly better coaches than me. But a truly great coach is someone like Ditka, or, for example, Steve Miller, BHS's boys basketball coach.

14 RIP DG 14
whocares?

Postby wake2 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:55 pm

whocares? wrote:
baseball18 wrote:
Stormtrooper wrote:NOPE!

go home Century Homer

uhh, whats wrong with talking about the high school that someone attends. im guessing he attends century and maybe he likes century a lot more than every other school.

i may be going out on a limb here but i am guessing stormtrooper dont care bout none of the other west region teams. actually, he probably knows more about century than any other team and since no one talks about any century stuff so he tries to bring up chs so maybe people will, but y'all just make fun of him.

I GOT YO BACK STORMTROOPER.
the title of this topic is upcoming players from the west not upcoming players from century start your own chs topic
EK4MRBB
wake2

Postby wake2 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:01 pm

Is jake miller really that good. i havent watched him play much but from what ive seen he doesnt look too great.
baseball18 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:

Yeah I agree, BHS will have the most talent next year. Isaac Schwab from St. Mary's is a good LB and RB but he may be overlooked because of his team.
wake2

Postby demon_fan14 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:35 pm

wake2 wrote:Is jake miller really that good. i havent watched him play much but from what ive seen he doesnt look too great.
baseball18 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:

ya i know......hes seems like hed be a bit small
demon_fan14

Postby squeak63 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:43 pm

demon_fan14 wrote:
wake2 wrote:Is jake miller really that good. i havent watched him play much but from what ive seen he doesnt look too great.
baseball18 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:

ya i know......hes seems like hed be a bit small

you havent seen him play much because because he broke his ankle 3 games into the season... he is small but he doesn't get hit hard cause he is so shifty... kinda like adrian peterson... he was just starting to come into his own when he got hurt and it made me sad to see that happen
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND Z Scout » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:50 pm

Jake Miller is a pretty small guy but he is extremely quick and I think he is a pretty solid kid too. It woulda been nice to see him get some more carries last year but who knows. I know he broke his ankle or whatever so I guess if he wants a time to shine it's this year. Also, Bismarck High doesn't exactly have the premier back so they will be looking for someone to fill Hausauers shoes.
ND Z Scout
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:03 pm

whocares? wrote:
sapp_99 wrote:
whocares? wrote:
Mark Gibson- Bismarck
Barry Holmen- Minot
Dan Smrekar- St. Mary's
Ron Wingenbach- Century
Pat O'Brien- Mandan
Bill Cahill- Jamestown
Todd Matthews- Williston

Well, I mean, shouldn't a truly great coach be able to get something out of nothing? I'll use O'Brien as an example. Mandan went from having 6 wins last year to going winless this year. I believe they returned Andy Hoff as QB, the most important position, and possibly Steve Pletan as RB from last year, yet they still didn't win. Honestly, I don't follow high school football very much so I don't know how man people they lost, but to go from 6 wins to 0 wins can't be a truly great coach.

Maybe i just took your comment of being a "great coach" out of context. I don't think they are all great coaches. I suppose you could call them all good coaches, since they all have a head coaching job.They are certainly better coaches than me. But a truly great coach is someone like Ditka, or, for example, Steve Miller, BHS's boys basketball coach.

I think the two you mentioned were it, 2 returners on O and 1 on D. And you think they should be just as good as the previous year? PLeten started both ways, and he didn't play until like the 4-5th game. So one on O and zero on D.

14 RIP DG 14
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby MHSfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:26 am

So what is it? Your comment contradicted itself. They lost Justin Belovek(sp.?) who was by far their biggest threat two years ago, plus a bunch of other talent that helped them win a few games. Pletan was still running with a cast on his wrist the last game of the season so he wasn't 100% and Hoff didn't have a legit line to block for him so nothing got accomplished throwing wise and running wise. Smaller Class A schools like Mandan are going to have down years, thats the way it goes. Its not entirely the coaches fault when the kids probably lose interest after being pounded all season long. Mandan will win some games this year, they had a pretty young team when we played them last year.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demon_fan14 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:30 pm

MHSfan wrote:So what is it? Your comment contradicted itself. They lost Justin Belovek(sp.?) who was by far their biggest threat two years ago, plus a bunch of other talent that helped them win a few games. Pletan was still running with a cast on his wrist the last game of the season so he wasn't 100% and Hoff didn't have a legit line to block for him so nothing got accomplished throwing wise and running wise. Smaller Class A schools like Mandan are going to have down years, thats the way it goes. Its not entirely the coaches fault when the kids probably lose interest after being pounded all season long. Mandan will win some games this year, they had a pretty young team when we played them last year.

Mandan will be lucky to win a game
demon_fan14

Postby MHSfan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:18 am

It all depends on who is returning i guess, but they will win at least one game next year. No team is bad enough to lose all their games for two years in a row.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby trackbbfan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:55 pm

You won't find a harder worker or a more solid kid than Jake Miller. He is not only extrememly quick, but, very strong. I think he will be ready to have a great year in the backfield for BHS.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby earl » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:00 pm

baseball18 wrote:
sapp_99 wrote:
whocares? wrote:
Mark Gibson- Bismarck
Barry Holmen- Minot
Dan Smrekar- St. Mary's
Ron Wingenbach- Century
Pat O'Brien- Mandan
Bill Cahill- Jamestown
Todd Matthews- Williston

I agree. St. Mary's hasn't had a good team since '04 but I believe Dan Smrekar is one of the best coaches in the state.

All Smrekar does is run the option and his defenses ususally arent special. you get a team that knows how to defend the option and you shut it down. Oh no...What is St.Mary gonna run nex? Lemme guess......OPTION!!!! Coach Smrekar says "We'll catch'em off guard with this one. Lets run the option. Theyll never see it coming."
earl

Postby demon_fan14 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:40 pm

MHSfan wrote:It all depends on who is returning i guess, but they will win at least one game next year. No team is bad enough to lose all their games for two years in a row.

well if a team can pull it off Mandan can
demon_fan14

Previous

Return to AAA