UNDWomen's Basketball....just a thought

No smack talk is allowed here.

UNDWomen's Basketball....just a thought

Postby Makotifarmguy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:16 pm

Thought came to mind while feeding cows this morning. How long does Gene Roebuck have at UND before he retires? If I am not mistaken the guy is 62 maybe 63 years in age.

That brought up another thought. Did his newly signed players come because he is coaching or because it is UND. maybe a little of both, but if I was a parent of a daughter being recruited I would want to know how long he plans on staying there. Gene was an incredible athlete in high school and has shown he knows the game of basketball just as well if not better...but what happens if he retires 2 years from now or 3 years from now?

I guess the question is when will he retire? Is that a concern for Privatsky or Gillette? I guess it would be for me. I would hate to go there and then a great coach like Roebuck decides to retire while in the midst of my college basketball career.

With all that have jumped ship over there will it cause a tipping over effect at the institute?
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Re: UNDWomen's Basketball....just a thought

Postby point/center » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:51 pm

Makotifarmguy wrote:Thought came to mind while feeding cows this morning. How long does Gene Roebuck have at UND before he retires? If I am not mistaken the guy is 62 maybe 63 years in age.

That brought up another thought. Did his newly signed players come because he is coaching or because it is UND. maybe a little of both, but if I was a parent of a daughter being recruited I would want to know how long he plans on staying there. Gene was an incredible athlete in high school and has shown he knows the game of basketball just as well if not better...but what happens if he retires 2 years from now or 3 years from now?

I guess the question is when will he retire? Is that a concern for Privatsky or Gillette? I guess it would be for me. I would hate to go there and then a great coach like Roebuck decides to retire while in the midst of my college basketball career.

With all that have jumped ship over there will it cause a tipping over effect at the institute?

I think they come because it's UND.

How many cows do you milk?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges