Class A Senior Athlete of the Year

Postby ballgame12 » Sun May 14, 2006 8:51 am

Who in Class A is up for Senior Athlete of the Year? Who has a good chance at being the number 1 senior in the state? As of right now who would you pick to win this award?

I can think of Ebert from North, Lundy from Minot, Leer from Williston, and as of right now thats about all i got. I know Lundy started the season out slow, but now his bat is starting to heat up, and I know Leer's been having a great season so far, but I'm not sure about Ebert....What does everyone else think?
ballgame12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby RedWings7 » Sun May 14, 2006 9:01 am

tyler liffrig also has to be mentioned...but i think the front runners have to be ebert and lundy because they are dominant hitters AND dominant pitchers...leer and liffrig are just dominant hitters
RedWings7

Postby FargoHottie15 » Sun May 14, 2006 11:53 am

ebert should get it....hes 8-1 with a .80 era or somethin....also has 3 bombs and around 20 RBI.....

landry shouldnt even be mentioned, he pitches like once every 2 weeks and plays Left Field....most of the games he only contributes at the plate

lundy and leer are both having stellar seasons.....but offense alone cant take it, the BEST OVERALL player should win the award, not the best hitter
FargoHottie15
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball4 » Sun May 14, 2006 12:26 pm

FargoHottie15 wrote:
lundy and leer are both having stellar seasons.....but offense alone cant take it, the BEST OVERALL player should win the award, not the best hitter

Have you seen Lundy play centerfield or Leer play shortstop?  There is no way they are not OVERALL players.  Ebert is an awesome pitcher yes, but so is Lundy and he plays an awesome centerfield.  Leer can pitch pretty well also, but he is hands down the best shortstop in the state, quickest hands and very solid defender.  The BEST OVERALL player should win the award, but there is no way you can say that Ebert is any better overall than these two.
Last edited by baseball4 on Sun May 14, 2006 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball4

Postby Ming01 » Sun May 14, 2006 5:12 pm

I think Lundy should win it.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ballgame12 » Sun May 14, 2006 6:41 pm

overall i think my vote's with lundy as well.
ballgame12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Saucesauer » Sun May 14, 2006 6:43 pm

Iam going to have to go with LEER on this one he is the best shortstop in the state there is at least one center feilder i would take over lundy (Erhardt) but that may just be for definsive purposes leer is so suave with all the plays he makes and honestly he is smashing the bal lately
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndplayer » Sun May 14, 2006 7:29 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb, and put lundy 3rd, maybe even 4th in my vote.  Leer gets my vote because of how demanding of a position SS is, and that he is definately the best one in the state.  He also is smashing the crap out of the ball this year.

Ebert is my second pick.  He hits everything hard and plays great 1B, but what draws me in as that record.  8-1.  He must pitch every other game.  That many games and only a .80 ERA is unbelievable.

Lundy is oblviously a great pitcher and CF, too, but he is hitting about .200 less then dwhat we expected, which is about .150 less than what leer is hitting.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Strike3? » Sun May 14, 2006 7:35 pm

I agree with you ndplayer, your point is very well made.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A2000 » Tue May 16, 2006 6:19 am

What about Lagein? He is leading the EDC in Hits, Average, and is near the top in all other hitting categories.  He is also very solid in the feild.  The thing that hurts his chances is that he can't pitch because of his shoulder.  I also agree the ebert is very talented.
A2000

Postby exwestcoach » Tue May 16, 2006 4:46 pm

Redwings:

I think under normal circumstances Liffrig would and probably should be in this group, but unfortunately he suffered a serious injury in hockey and did not complete the season. His baseball season was also shortened. It would not be fair to the other deserving athletes if he were to be in serious contention for this award.
exwestcoach

Postby go bison » Fri May 19, 2006 3:59 pm

[line]
I also think Lagein should be considered.  He is a great hitter and fielder and has been held back by his shoulder. 
go bison
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan21 » Sun May 21, 2006 9:32 am

This is a no brainer.  Tyler Lundy will win this award unanimously. 

Take nothing away from Leer, he is a good player and Ebert is also pretty solid, but Lundy will walk away with the award if you ask me.

cubsfan21

Postby 4for4 » Mon May 22, 2006 11:02 am

Give it to Leer, in my opinion, Lundy doesn't give it his all when he's on the diamond, for the exception for when he's pitching. When hitting, all I've seen is him swinging for the fences every at bat, which explains his 280. batting avg. Don't get me wrong, Lundy is a great player, but I believe he plays more for himself than for his team. I think Leer should get it, Solid hitter, good attitude, Team leader, decent pitcher, and amazing fielder, he should be getting this award.
Last edited by 4for4 on Mon May 22, 2006 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndplayer » Sat May 27, 2006 6:50 am

Lundy just got Gatorade Player of the year.  .351, 6 hrs., 3-0, .74 era.  I don't agree with it, but still have to respect the kid.  Got hot at the end of the season.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndplayer » Sat May 27, 2006 8:05 pm

Leer got wda Senior athlete of the year, beating out minot's lundy and st. mary's bohan.  I think this award was hands down leer's until the end of the year.  Lundy had an amazing wda tourny to cap it off.  Congrats to all three.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Sun May 28, 2006 5:48 pm

Congrats to Mr Leer i feel he is very deserving of this award
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Class A