Class A WDA and EDA

Postby ndsprtsfn14 » Tue May 23, 2006 4:18 pm

At WDA you usually throw the ace the second game, possibly closing the first game to get the win.  IF the team wins the first game, win the second and you are gauranteed the spot.  If they lose the first day, then the second day is a must win, another situation for an ace.  I don't believe any team will throw their ace until the second day, with maybe the exception of Century.   Gus will make sure Wentz throws the max of 12 innings.  St. Mary's might throw loomis first day also, cuz with beulah second game if they lose, if they don't choke again, they can throw close to anybody.
Last edited by ndsprtsfn14 on Tue May 23, 2006 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndsprtsfn14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby exwestcoach » Tue May 23, 2006 6:43 pm

ndsportsfan:

I disagree with your idea that teams start the tourney with their 2nd guy. I truely believe you start with your best and work down from there. Afterall, your best chance of winning starts with your best pitcher. Coming through the losers bracket is obviously more difficult.

I remember the early years of high school baseball when St. Mary's made the state finals the first four years, their #3 pitcher started all four games, Sm won two titles, in 1995 and 1997.

Just my philosophy, to each his own, I do remember Minot using your theory a number of times in the past only to lose the first game, and because there is no margin for error in the subsequent games they faltered, did not make it or placed low coming out of region, and/or the same for state.  

Beulah also beat SM the last conference game of the season, records are out the window once the tourneys start.
Last edited by exwestcoach on Tue May 23, 2006 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exwestcoach

Postby ndsioux » Tue May 23, 2006 6:47 pm

well century is for sure going with wentz, and i would guess that loomis is goin for st marys and borr is goin for mandan. I would say that the matchup depends on who you would face. If youre Minot, I wouldnt run Lundy out there against Beulah, but St Marys doesn't have much of a choice.
ndsioux

Postby Ming01 » Tue May 23, 2006 8:25 pm

You must also assume the other team is pitching their ace too so it would probably be better to pitch your ace the first day.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby sports-38 » Wed May 24, 2006 8:29 am

I disagree, i think you throw your #2 the first day, because the 2nd game you want to win no matter what. I dont think Century will go with Wentz, St mary's wont go with Loomis, and Mandan wont go with Borr. I think they all will throw their #2's, you have to remember with the 12 innning limit, you dont wanna be using up tyour ace right away.
sports-38
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Wed May 24, 2006 8:52 am

Century may not throw Wentz, I'm not sure about that.  But I think Mandan will throw Borr.  He pitched pretty well against them earlier in the season.  Minot will not waste any of their top pitchers against Beulah they will probably throw someone like Houston or Bollinger.  Dickinson will throw Schroeder most likely, but they could go with Braunagel.  BHS will most likely pitch Saas.  And I dont know about Williston, they'll probably throw either Slage or maybe Qvale.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed May 24, 2006 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsioux » Wed May 24, 2006 9:03 am

century is goin with the dustin wenzel tomorrow night against the braves
ndsioux

Postby Saucesauer » Wed May 24, 2006 11:27 am

Iam pretty much positive BHS is throwin saas due to the fact he has state track fri and sat
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsprtsfn14 » Wed May 24, 2006 12:25 pm

St. Mary's must be assuming that they are going to win the first game without loomis if they don't throw him that day.  Cuz if they do lose, then they are wasting their best pitcher on beulah.  I think it will be loomis v. schroeder, and bismarck will throw solemsaas because of state track, granted state is in bismarck, so they might, by some lucky chance, be able to throw him later too.  Coach hasn't said for sure yet, but the team thinks that mandan will throw mike quast, not mandan's ace.
ndsprtsfn14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsioux » Wed May 24, 2006 8:03 pm

i think mandan would beat century if they threw borr, but it will be interesting anyways cause quast is a very capable pitcher
ndsioux

Postby exwestcoach » Wed May 24, 2006 8:18 pm

The west region starts in mere hours and I can not wait, it should be interesting and I am sure will have some surprises, some observations I have going into the west:

1. Minot is beatable this year.

2. If you can hit with Williston they can be beaten

3. Bismarck has won 3 of 4 conference games to end the season, they have underachieved all year, I would not want to have to play them, at least early, look out Williston, I predict an upset!!

4. Drama in the CHs camp, both D. Wenzel and Geschellchen were "kicked out" of practice on Wednesday, coach said not to come back if they were not ready to play, I expect both to be ready, Wenzel was going to start on the mound against Mandan, I'm not sure I'd want the fate of my team resting on his shoulders, besides Chs beat Mandan 2-1 and 2-1, with Wentz and Allen pitching, I do not feel CHs played exceptionally well in either game but Mandan has improved since then and CHS has kinda been in a coma.

5. Dickinson will pull something big off, although it is about time Sm beat them 

6. Everyone talks about pitching depth, I personally do not feel any team is truely more than 3 starters deep ( probably 2, in most cases), the marginal starters will need to throw strikes and defense to make plays.

I predict the teams making state are:

Minot

Century

Bismarck

Williston 

But then again....?.... I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
exwestcoach

Postby exwestcoach » Wed May 24, 2006 8:19 pm

ndsioux:

CHS did beat Borr this season.
exwestcoach

Postby Ming01 » Wed May 24, 2006 8:38 pm

Im not gonna predict the west.  But heres the east:
1st round:
South over GFC
West Fargo over Jamestown
North over Shanley
Red River over D-Lake

2nd round:
West Fargo over South
North over Red River
Jamestown over GFC
Shanley over D-Lake

Championship and Play in:
Red River over Jamestown (4 seed)
South over Shanley (3 seed)
North over West Fargo
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby dwenzel34 » Thu May 25, 2006 6:34 am

Exwestcoach why dont you worry about other things besides posting what happens at the CHS practices. It's really noone elses business and there is no reason that needs to be said.
dwenzel34

Postby ndsioux » Thu May 25, 2006 11:01 am

exwestcoach wrote:ndsioux:

CHS did beat Borr this season.

yeah 2-1, with allen and wentz throwing, whoop de do. if they dont put up at least 4 its over.
ndsioux

Postby ndsioux » Thu May 25, 2006 11:02 am

if youre century, why wouldnt you throw wentz? the tournament is so stacked in their favor. cause bhs will throw saas, and they could beat williston and if they do, century will murder whoever else throws, but if they lose against mandan and bhs beats williston, theyre done
ndsioux

Postby Ming01 » Thu May 25, 2006 5:35 pm

Minot 11 Beulah 1
W-Gathman L-Hermes

St. Mary's 8 Dickinson 4
W-Eichele L-Kovacs

Williston 8 BHS 7
W-Qvale L-Solemsaas

Mandan 8 Century 2
W-Quast L-Wenzel
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Thu May 25, 2006 5:54 pm

How about Eric Flacksbarth with a PINCH HITwalk off homer in the bottom of the 8th. Legendary stuff right there
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby exwestcoach » Thu May 25, 2006 8:53 pm

Predictions are heresay, congrats to Minot, St.Mary's (finally getting Dickinson off their back), Williston, and Mandan.

I look forward to some real dog fights in the playback rounds, will BHS finally play to potential, will CHS lay down and die?

The condolation and loser out games should "hopefully" be tremendous.

Is tomorrow:

Lundy vs Loomes?

Borr vs ???

I here its Hausauer vs Wentz should be interesting, phenom vs phenom????

I do not know who pitched for Dix today, I'll guess Schreoder vs Hausauer 

exwestcoach

Postby exwestcoach » Thu May 25, 2006 8:55 pm

dwenzel34:

Maybe if it was not so stupid on your part, the day before the tourney, I wouldn't have to!!!! 
exwestcoach

Postby exwestcoach » Thu May 25, 2006 8:56 pm

ndsioux:

I agree with you on both statments.
exwestcoach

Postby KPuck34 » Fri May 26, 2006 2:57 am

exwestcoach wrote:dwenzel34:

Maybe if it was not so stupid on your part, the day before the tourney, I wouldn't have to!!!! 

What happens at practice stays at practice.  Who the heck are you to be writing about incidents that occurred at a high school baseball practice that you didn't even attend.  That's poor character in my opinion.
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby sports-38 » Fri May 26, 2006 5:24 am

exwestcoach wrote:Predictions are heresay, congrats to Minot, St.Mary's (finally getting Dickinson off their back), Williston, and Mandan.

I look forward to some real dog fights in the playback rounds, will BHS finally play to potential, will CHS lay down and die?

The condolation and loser out games should "hopefully" be tremendous.

Is tomorrow:

Lundy vs Loomes?

Borr vs ???

I here its Hausauer vs Wentz should be interesting, phenom vs phenom????

I do not know who pitched for Dix today, I'll guess Schreoder vs Hausauer 

I think that it will be......

Borr vs. Leer

Lundy vs. Loomis

Kranzler? vs. Wentz

Tooley vs. Hausauer
sports-38
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Fri May 26, 2006 7:11 am

KPuck34 wrote:
exwestcoach wrote:dwenzel34:

What happens at practice stays at practice.  Who the heck are you to be writing about incidents that occurred at a high school baseball practice that you didn't even attend.  That's poor character in my opinion.

Smart Guy this isnt vegas anything can be known it really f es up a teams moral when what was going to be their starting pitcher and center feilder leave and than still get to play because its like they are above the law if it happens there is no reason that it cant be known its just not that big of a deal

and dusty he may be a d bag but keep you head bud
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Fri May 26, 2006 7:19 am

I think it will be:
Braunagel vs Hausauer
Kransler vs Wentz
Lundy vs Bohan
Borr vs Overby
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext