State Champs?

Re: State Champs?

Postby shorty141 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:37 pm

I'm going to have to disagree on the Anthony VonRuden possibility. Especially if he's going up against Evan Gross. I'm assuming him bumping up a weight class or two doesn't mean he's gotten fat, he's building muscle mass, and him beating Gus Lee last year for the state title was quite the achievment. I don't think VonRuden could keep up. Especially with the agressivness Gross has, VonRuden needs to learn how to actually wrestle through the whole dual, not just ride the other wrestler. If he's ahead he'll stall until the end of the period to stay on top, which in my eyes isn't the title of a state champion.
shorty141

Postby adriana » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:07 pm

shorty141 wrote:I'm going to have to disagree on the Anthony VonRuden possibility. Especially if he's going up against Evan Gross. I'm assuming him bumping up a weight class or two doesn't mean he's gotten fat, he's building muscle mass, and him beating Gus Lee last year for the state title was quite the achievment. I don't think VonRuden could keep up. Especially with the agressivness Gross has, VonRuden needs to learn how to actually wrestle through the whole dual, not just ride the other wrestler. If he's ahead he'll stall until the end of the period to stay on top, which in my eyes isn't the title of a state champion.

Hmmm...havent heard that before... :roll:
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby c71 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:26 pm

Derek Lee, Colton Shoults Century
c71

Postby E@stern Executioner » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:01 pm

shorty141 wrote:VonRuden needs to learn how to actually wrestle through the whole dual, not just ride the other wrestler. If he's ahead he'll stall until the end of the period to stay on top.

So, why doesn't the other wrestler just get away then? Is it because he can't?

Controlling a guy on the mat is what a good wrestler is supposed to do.

You are a moron.
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby adriana » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:39 pm

E@stern Executioner wrote:
shorty141 wrote:VonRuden needs to learn how to actually wrestle through the whole dual, not just ride the other wrestler. If he's ahead he'll stall until the end of the period to stay on top.

So, why doesn't the other wrestler just get away then? Is it because he can't?

Controlling a guy on the mat is what a good wrestler is supposed to do.

You are a moron.

Haha well said
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby shorty141 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:58 am

Yeah, and being a good wrestler also means being agressive, and usually he gets called stalling for just riding them like that. I've been around a lot of wrestling, and everytime I've seen VonRuden wrestle this is what he does. And everytime he goes up against someone that is going to be aggressive against him, instead of just lay there, 9 out of 10 times... he loses.
shorty141

Postby E@stern Executioner » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:49 pm

shorty141 wrote:Yeah, and being a good wrestler also means being agressive.

So, Jake McLean, for example, from Hillsboro beat another real good wrestler this past weekend 4-0. He took him down in the first for a 2-0 lead and rode him out. He got a reversal in the second for a 4-0 lead and controlled him on top again. The kid couldn't do anything but try to fight off the tilt attempts. Then the kid, for whatever reason picked down and got handled for another two minutes for a 4-0 loss. Is Jake NOT agood wrestler because he rode him or is this somehow different?

shorty141 wrote:And everytime he goes up against someone that is going to be aggressive against him, instead of just lay there, 9 out of 10 times... he loses.

Everytime or 9 out of 10? Whatever.
By your logic, then, Anthony only wrestled three aggressvie kids all of last year? Wow.
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby blue steel » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:57 pm

At the Hillsboro tournament on Saturday Mitch Ford was wrestlin 171. Who does everyone think is the favorite at 160. Jake McLean from Hillsboro is pretty good.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby shorty141 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:59 pm

I agree, Jake McLean has greatly improved over the years. He'll do very well this wrestling season, and it will be a lot of fun watching him wrestle next year as a senior.
shorty141

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:59 pm

I have to Say Soph. Chris Bahm has a good chance just took first this weekend at Linton Holiday at 135 Class.
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby bcourtbraves » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:10 am

Shane Scott - 119
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby poweraidman » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:49 pm

i cant believe nobody said jesse jangula from edgeley, i think he got like 7th last year, but he didnt lose a match the whole year and goes on to win it, oh and btw he didnt have an offensive point scored on him all year, im not much of a wrestler fan but thats pretty good i assume.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:52 pm

poweraidman wrote:i cant believe nobody said jesse jangula from edgeley, i think he got like 7th last year, but he didnt lose a match the whole year and goes on to win it, oh and btw he didnt have an offensive point scored on him all year, im not much of a wrestler fan but thats pretty good i assume.

he had more than that going on the last couple of years
http://www.jamestownsun.com/articles/in ... ion=Sports
rep

Previous

Return to Wrestling