Weekend Scores

throughout the state

Weekend Scores

Postby AC-DC » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:31 pm

Any scores for teams other than Fargo?

Crosby - 1 / Rugby - 4 (Another 20 plus player team)

Richland / Rugby - ?
Mayport / Langdon - ?
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Weekend Scores

Postby Baller » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:38 pm

AC-DC wrote:Any scores for teams other than Fargo?

Richland / Rugby - ?
Mayport / Langdon - ?

Is it true Rugby isn't having a Bantam team this year so they can have more players on their Jr. Gold?
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Region 2 fan » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:35 pm

AC-DC wrote:Any scores for teams other than Fargo?

Richland / Rugby - ?
Mayport / Langdon - ?

May-Port - 1/ Langdon - 6
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby dcs01 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:59 pm

Is it true Rugby isn't having a Bantam team this year so they can have more players on their Jr. Gold?[/quote]

we are rostering sever banams up to play for us so its possible
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby JRgoldfan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:49 am

Fargo Flyers vs Sidney 15-0
Fargo Flyers vs Watford City 9-0
Fargo Flyers vs Crosby 24-2

Fargo Flames vs Crosby 2-3
Fargo Flames vs Sidney 1-6
Fargo Flames vs Watford City 5-13

Flyers have 20 on their Roster, 18 Skaters, 2 Goalies, had a 3rd goalie, but he quit, so they rostered a 18th skater instead

Flames have 8 on their roster, 7 Skaters, 1 Goalie
JRgoldfan

Postby AC-DC » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:47 am

dcs01 wrote:Is it true Rugby isn't having a Bantam team this year so they can have more players on their Jr. Gold?

we are rostering sever banams up to play for us so its possible[/quote]

That's about what I heard this weekend and there was no goalie. Crosby was in the same situation last year, but decided the Batams needed to play some games at their own level. We brought up 4 Pee Wees and let a volunteer play goalie. We lost most games 10 - 0, but the kids tried hard and got a lot of experience. With 4 kids playing up on Jr Gold as well, most saw about 40 games.

I think this is another case for roster limits. Rugby is exploiting the 16 player limit rule, because it's linked to eligibility at the lower level. They now have no lower team, so no eligibility to be lost.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby flyersgold08 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:58 pm

That's about what I heard this weekend and there was no goalie. Crosby was in the same situation last year, but decided the Batams needed to play some games at their own level. We brought up 4 Pee Wees and let a volunteer play goalie. We lost most games 10 - 0, but the kids tried hard and got a lot of experience. With 4 kids playing up on Jr Gold as well, most saw about 40 games.

I think this is another case for roster limits. Rugby is exploiting the 16 player limit rule, because it's linked to eligibility at the lower level. They now have no lower team, so no eligibility to be lost.

This is a good point, you smaller teams are whining that the flyers are "recruiting" the team this year. These teams are pulling people out of their age groups to play with us. Sure these kids will get lots of experience and progress, but theyre not ready for it yet. Hence the big score differences you've seen this past weekend. These kids will keep getting better and soon they'll have played jr. gold for 5 years. That doesnt sound right to me.
flyersgold08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigcityhockey » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:28 pm

JRgoldfan wrote:Fargo Flyers vs Sidney 15-0

Flyers have 20 on their Roster, 18 Skaters, 2 Goalies, had a 3rd goalie, but he quit, so they rostered a 18th skater instead

Ahhhh, no they didn't. They intended from day 1 to roster 18 skaters much like Langdon, Watford City, etc.... in the past.

If you want FACTS, go to the source and ask them (i.e. Fargo Flyers Board, Parents), if you want to spew crap and make up stuff, continue doing what you are doing.

Flyers actually had 3 other players and a goalie quit and say they would rather quit hockey than play Flames........
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby justahockeymom » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:37 pm

bigcityhockey wrote:
JRgoldfan wrote:Fargo Flyers vs Sidney 15-0

Ahhhh, no they didn't. They intended from day 1 to roster 18 skaters much like Langdon, Watford City, etc.... in the past.

If you want FACTS, go to the source and ask them (i.e. Fargo Flyers Board, Parents), if you want to spew crap and make up stuff, continue doing what you are doing.

Flyers actually had 3 other players and a goalie quit and say they would rather quit hockey than play Flames........

Well and that is fine if they would rather quit hockey then play for us that is sure to bad though cause that means that they do not know the other kids on the team or the coaches because they would have great fun. So if they do not like the Flames then they should not play for them helllllllooooooo!
justahockeymom

Postby AC-DC » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:18 pm

Does anyone know the Richland / Rugby score? It's not on the NDAHA site yet.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to NDAHA