Best HS QB...family

Re: Best HS QB...family

Postby point/center » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:06 am

9manfootballmom wrote:The Dorothy Sheldon that old lineman is talking about comes from a family of 6 sisters. The family has branched out and there are great athletes in each family. The oldest sister had a son that played for Concordia in the early nineties and was a defensive end. They have grandsons that are strong footballers. Someone else stated that the Kost girls (from Casselton) are also related and yes, they are cousins. Bethany Kost was a strong VB player for the Squirrels in the early 2000s when Casselton took the state VB title.
There is a sister in Minnesota that has a family of basketball players and coaches that continue the sporting tradition. The girls were standouts for the Kittson County Wolves in BB, SB and VB. One sister had a baseball player who played for the RedHawks, too.

It truly is a great sports family and each family does what it can to get to all the other fams games. You gotta love those sheldon boys. Now each of them has one boy. Jay has one of each, Todd has 2 girls and 1 boy, Scott has 2 girls and a new boy. Don't be surprised to hear that Sheldon name again in the future!
Way to go Dorothy! (and Jeff)

Seems like everyone is giving Dot all the love. I'll agree she's great, but let's not forgot the man that began this all Don Sheldon, Fargo, ND, US of A. He is Jeff's father who married Dot. And Jeff, what else can we say, the man is a living legend. A great son, husband, father, neighbor. All around great lineage.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby 9manfootballmom » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:24 am

Jeff is awesome, yes, and Don is great. Have you played Scrabble with Jeff's mom. That is where I learned that you never leave a triple word score unused! Have you been in JEff's basement? There is a sports fanatic at his finest. Too bad he likes the Packers.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:34 pm

9manfootballmom wrote:Jeff is awesome, yes, and Don is great. Have you played Scrabble with Jeff's mom. That is where I learned that you never leave a triple word score unused! Have you been in JEff's basement? There is a sports fanatic at his finest. Too bad he likes the Packers.

I wonder how many kids stayed in that basement while playing in the SW jamboree? It was like grand central station. sometimes I wondered if there were more players there than at the gym. Man those were the good old days. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby 9manfootballmom » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:42 pm

Wild Wolves: Todd lives in Bis so I suppose unless they move, his 3 will play for Bis!
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:55 pm

9manfootballmom wrote:Wild Wolves: Todd lives in Bis so I suppose unless they move, his 3 will play for Bis!

Story I heard is that he teaches in Mandan and will open enroll.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby 9manfootballmom » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:50 pm

That's right I forgot that he is teaching and coaching in Mandan. I guess I'll have to get the scoop at Christmas. Happy thanksgiving
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:10 am

I did a little research over the weekend.
Todd's wife has two older brothers that played on state qualifying teams in SD and went on to play college basketball. Her father and a brother are rodeo contenders for state wide recognition every year.

Scott's wife was a NAIA all-American X5 atleast. She is in the NAIA hall of fame.

Jay's wife's brother was a two way starter on teh recent Mott regent championship team. and has been a starter on the BB team.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:I did a little research over the weekend.
Todd's wife has two older brothers that played on state qualifying teams in SD and went on to play college basketball. Her father and a brother are rodeo contenders for state wide recognition every year.

Scott's wife was a NAIA all-American X5 atleast. She is in the NAIA hall of fame.

Jay's wife's brother was a two way starter on teh recent Mott regent championship team. and has been a starter on the BB team.

who's Jay's wife's brother? I know the husband of the coaches daughter. if you follow all that, you know what a point/center is

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:32 pm

Scotts wife is Mandy Schroeder isn't it??
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby point/center » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:24 pm

Baller wrote:

close. Mandy Sheldon :D

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby 9manfootballmom » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:33 pm

Jay's Brother in Law is Eliot Kirschmann I think he was number 21. Nice kid Nice family
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:44 pm

point/center wrote:
Baller wrote:

close. Mandy Sheldon :D

She was very athletic too, and her father is a great coach. They live by me also. :D
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Football