College Prospects

The teams in Class AAA

Re: College Prospects

Postby fballfan45 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:38 am

Now in regards to others being recruited--
Not in the know or anything--
but heard that duluth, UND, and a few others are after Hooey(South-LB)
they like his size speed and drive for the sport.(his father played college ball also)

Erickson (TE-DT-South)- supposedly getting looks from Jamestown, Mayville, VCSU, MSUM, St.Clioud, UMD
horner-- well he should get a signing anyday now here in Nov.-- probably NDSU.

Farkus-(QB) Wfargo-- talent in a box-- he is awesome, supposedly UND, and Mary want him.
Swanson( RB/LB) W Fargo--who is playing hockey for the FM Jets(I think)-- is still in the ranks of wanted players in this Senior class from ND. he is a kid that will likely get picked up in a year or two by a college and go back to playing football. He will be a D2 player, SS or FS or RB. he has the tools for Football and is natural. I heard that UND and some other D2 schools already wanted him, even though he decided not to play his sr. yr. and try the hockey thing.

elgie-- minot-- lost in Semis- to Bis Demons-- but will go on to play Baseball at either(i heard) Neb. or further south(AZ or AZ state). he has potential to play in the bigs. So his FBall days are probably done.

a couple of Wahpeton boys will be recruited(can't name names)-- but they are players.
North high-- Herzog-(DT/OT) will get some looks from D3,
rommesmo-- parmer both real big guys.
Rommesmo-- NDSU--heard he will sign with them.
Parmer-- also looking at NDSU.

some Smaller school guys will get in-- but will not make the papers so we'll wait to hear more.[/quote]

You are right on some--but so wrong about some. Hooey is getting looks. I am guessing he will end up at UND. Horner may end up at NDSU. There is no one from Wahp that is being recruited by NDSU or UND. Herzog may get some looks for D 3. Are you completely joking about Parmer and Rommesmo?
fballfan45
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Riotmaker#9 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:17 am

Parmer can not play at NDSU. No way no chance.
"They call me Birdman Jr. I'm flyer than the rest. I'm trying to get a couple cool pigeons to the nest."
Riotmaker#9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Number7 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:15 pm

And Swanson will NOT play college football. He quit football and went to the Jets to concentrate on hockey and try to earn a spot on a D-1 team.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby BallaTE » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:14 pm

I think Zach Wentz of Century could be a quality QB at UND or NDSU, he led Century almost to state and had an amazing year passing the ball. Also you have to relize that NDSU's Steve Walker is a SR this year so they need a solid QB for next year...
BallaTE

Postby Baller » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:21 pm

BallaTE wrote:I think Zach Wentz of Century could be a quality QB at UND or NDSU, he led Century almost to state and had an amazing year passing the ball. Also you have to relize that NDSU's Steve Walker is a SR this year so they need a solid QB for next year...

His name is Nick Mertens
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:29 pm

Wentz could not play QB at NDSU
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:07 pm

wentz is probably goin to be a D2 QB where he could be a stud but i think he'll play baseball at a D1 school... why couldnt he play at NDSU hes 6'3, athletic and has a great arm and makes good decisions
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby footballguy09 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:09 pm

King James wrote:wentz is probably goin to be a D2 QB where he could be a stud but i think he'll play baseball at a D1 school... why couldnt he play at NDSU hes 6'3, athletic and has a great arm and makes good decisions

because he can't move because off his bad knee. dont get me wrong a great great passer from what ive seen heck of an athlete.
footballguy09

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:39 pm

I highly doubt that with the success SU has had that they are going to be making plans to have a true freshmen QB next year. Wentz can play at the next level, he will continue to get stronger and I think the knee will be just fine. Doesn't need to be a burner to play QB.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby BallaTE » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:14 am

Exactly and did he have problems with his knee this year? No... and he ran the ball fine. Did any of you see the game against Jamestown when he ran right up the middle then cut to the outside for like a 50 yard TD run? Don't get me wrong, he's not the fastest but he can get short yards when he needs too...
BallaTE

Postby oneNdone » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:51 am

HockeyHigh wrote:Josh Horner of course. If you need his statistics check anywhere, I'm sure half the people here know them.

Ha. I heard UND wasn't even looking at Horner.
oneNdone

Postby Number7 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:15 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:I highly doubt that with the success SU has had that
they are going to be making plans to have a true freshmen QB next year
. Wentz can play at the next level, he will continue to get stronger and I think the knee will be just fine. Doesn't need to be a burner to play QB.

No new recruit will start at QB for NDSU. He will be a junior next year and his name is Nick Mertens out of East Grand Forks. He has gotten some playing time in their big wins and I think he will be fine.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:25 pm

oneNdone wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:Josh Horner of course. If you need his statistics check anywhere, I'm sure half the people here know them.

hes too small hes fast and solid looking kid but from what i heard he doesnt have dresslers speed
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby pepsi123 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:22 pm

the reason UND isnt looking at horner isnt because he doesnt have dressler speed. Its because they know they cant get him. Horner is too good for UND and he will be at NDSU next year.
pepsi123

Postby Ming01 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:37 pm

NDSU is looking at Horner
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby DWeigs » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:59 pm

pepsi123 wrote:the reason UND isnt looking at horner isnt because he doesnt have dressler speed. Its because they know they cant get him. Horner is too good for UND and he will be at NDSU next year.

I dont think UND wants him... Its not because they cant get him. Josh Horner is a very good back but you have to look at the depth they have at running back. Ryan Chappell will be a junior next year, Steven Battle who has seen some time this year behind Chappell, Catlin Solum is young and only a freshman with a lot of potential, and could possibly have Jared Gowan as a recruit this year. I think they have plenty of quality running backs.
DWeigs

Postby truballa4life » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:34 am

itd be hard to explain why horner was at at the und-neb omaha game on a recruit visit with all the other recruits, meeting the coaches, touring the alareus, if they werent looking at him
oneNdone wrote:

truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby truballa4life » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:38 am

can u give an argument on why the best highschool qb in the state couldnt play at ndsu? he was dominant this year, leading in pretty much every statistical category he could. hes 6'2, strong kid with a strong arm, can make any pass, runs very well for his size, and is as tough as anybody. i saw him take quite a bit of big hits coming from that weak side pass rush, and it didnt even seem to phase him
Ming01 wrote:Wentz could not play QB at NDSU
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:10 am

truballa4life wrote:can u give an argument on why the best highschool qb in the state couldnt play at ndsu? he was dominant this year, leading in pretty much every statistical category he could. hes 6'2, strong kid with a strong arm, can make any pass, runs very well for his size, and is as tough as anybody. i saw him take quite a bit of big hits coming from that weak side pass rush, and it didnt even seem to phase him
Ming01 wrote:Wentz could not play QB at NDSU

Wentz is a great QB, one of the best in the state in recent years, I'm not disrepecting his abilities or the kid himself, I like the kid but, jumping from high school (especially in ND) to FCS football is a huge, huge jump. The competition is pretty much second to none, the speed of the game is so much different and its tough to be succesful. It's just a totally different game. NDSU is the number one team in the nation, they have many options now that they're in the FCS. NDSU would rather take the majority of the 2nd tier players from Minnesota, Wisconsin, then some of the 1st tier players of ND, more notably the QB position, how many North Dakota QB's have you seen on NDSU's roster in recent years? Not many. Also, now that NDSU will be competiting in one of the best conferences in the FCS, the Gateway, I think NDSU will be looking for QB's from other states with a bigger talent pool and more competition then ND.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby whocares? » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:39 am

one guy who i think should get some college looks is dane vanderpan from century.

i'm not saying as a tight end or linebacker, but i mean as a long snapper. he has been their long snapper for the past two years and he has never messed up a snap. he even has perfect form and everything.
long snappers are just so underappreciated. they don't get credit even though they are perfect 99 percent of the time, but they get most of the blame when they mess up that 1 percent. dane is a stud.

i know that if i got to start an nfl franchise tomorrow, dane vanderpan would be one of my top picks in the expansion draft. i would have stability at that position for the next 20 years at least. the only thing i would have to worry about on pat's or fg's is something like tony romo did last year in the playoffs.
whocares?

Postby Number7 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:27 pm

Long snapping is a forgotten and often underapreciated art. I have never paid attention to this kid's snaps so I dont know, but taking a long snapper as a top pick in an expansion draft is really a reach. If he is assolid as you say, he sounds like he could definately go to a D-II or D-III school. How big is he?
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:20 pm

He also isn't afraid to stick his nose in and plays agressive. He can play somewhere. And LOng snap

I am talking about Vander Pan
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby whocares? » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:37 pm

Number7 wrote:Long snapping is a forgotten and often underapreciated art. I have never paid attention to this kid's snaps so I dont know, but taking a long snapper as a top pick in an expansion draft is really a reach. If he is assolid as you say, he sounds like he could definately go to a D-II or D-III school. How big is he?

from what i have heard, i believe he is about 6'2" 180 or so, PURE SOLID MUSCLE. he definitely has the body of a college athlete for sure and supposedly he is in the weight room everyday after school. i wouldnt be surprised to see him go d-1 as a long snapper.
whocares?

Postby truballa4life » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:34 am

sorry to say but 180 doesnt cut it to be a long snapper on a D1 squad. and sorry to say but theres not many D1 scouts out there recruiting and scouting long snappers, unless they r unbelievable, in the few chs games i saw, i happened to see a very high snap on a punt that easily could have been a turnover and a couple more bad snaps on XP's
whocares? wrote:
Number7 wrote:Long snapping is a forgotten and often underapreciated art. I have never paid attention to this kid's snaps so I dont know, but taking a long snapper as a top pick in an expansion draft is really a reach. If he is assolid as you say, he sounds like he could definately go to a D-II or D-III school. How big is he?

from what i have heard, i believe he is about 6'2" 180 or so, PURE SOLID MUSCLE. he definitely has the body of a college athlete for sure and supposedly he is in the weight room everyday after school. i wouldnt be surprised to see him go d-1 as a long snapper.
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby #50mandan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:00 pm

is effertz really getting looked at by und?
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to AAA