Class A Scores

Postby baseball4 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:45 pm

What is fair?

baseball4

Postby baseball4 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:47 pm

The only thing that matters is that the umpires made the correct call.
baseball4

Postby ndsprtsfn14 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:47 pm

Ming01 wrote:If the ump doesnt call it right away, then dont call it at all.  The coach just persuaded the ump. 

Persuaded?!?!?!  Shall I recall the conversation?
  Mack - Did he step on the concrete?
  Umpire - Yes he did
  Mack - Then isn't the ball dead?
  (Umpires have a confernece)
  Umpire - Dead ball, runner on third goes home. Period.
ndsprtsfn14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:52 pm

ndsprtsfn14 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:If the ump doesnt call it right away, then dont call it at all.  The coach just persuaded the ump. 

Persuaded?!?!?!  Shall I recall the conversation?
  Umpire - Yes he did
  Mack - Then isn't the ball dead?
  (Umpires have a confernece)
  Umpire - Dead ball, runner on third goes home. Period.

If he didnt persuade them then the umps would of made the call right away.  They didnt know what was going on.  It was just poor judgment, they didnt even know the own rules that they set themselves.
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon May 15, 2006 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball4 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:53 pm

Exactly, which would have been an injustice to Mandan.  Any coach would have done the same thing.  You would be sticking up for Schweigert right now if he did it and say that he did the right thing.  The bottom line is the call was correct, and you cant argue that. 
baseball4

Postby Ming01 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:55 pm

I know he was sticking up for his team, its just so dumb that the umps made the call according to the mandan coach.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsprtsfn14 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:56 pm

Is not that a job of both teams' coaches?  Had Bitz done that, would your coach not do the same exact thing?  A rule is set, and both teams must abide by it.  At any given game, there are always the three sides, both coaches and the umpires.  As "adults" they are to instill upon the players sportsmanship, which is maintaining those rules.  Sorry bud.
ndsprtsfn14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball4 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:57 pm

I don't believe that is a statement, it is a question.  therefore asking the umps and not telling them.  The umps decided for themselves.
Last edited by baseball4 on Mon May 15, 2006 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball4

Postby klg_11 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:57 pm

Williston 13

Dickinson 5
klg_11

Postby dwenzel34 » Tue May 16, 2006 4:52 am

It was a poor call i believe, he clearly caught the ball on the dirt and his momentum took him on the concrete. he caught the ball on fair grounds so i believe that should be an out and it looked to me like that was a missed call.
dwenzel34

Postby ndplayer » Tue May 16, 2006 4:59 am

I think there may still be some confusion over the rule.  If a player catches the ball in fair terrirtory, it is an out.  However if he carries the ball out of play with his momentum (onto the dugout concrete), then the out is still recorded, but runners advance one base.

Bohan caught the ball, then his momentum carried him out of play.  Therefore, there is an out, but the runner at third advanced.  And there is no disputing that bohan did eventually go out of play, the double replay on the news showed it pretty clearly.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Tue May 16, 2006 9:27 am

If it wasnt for the Mandan coach going out there, the umps wouldnt of even realized it.  It was just a poor judgment, the umps didnt even realize that Bohan went to the out of play area.  Which is the area that the umps set themselves before the game.  If you dont call it right away, then dont call it at all.  But oh well, we'll probably get another shot at Mandan again, when our bats will be on.
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue May 16, 2006 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Tue May 16, 2006 3:28 pm

Ming quit whining it was the RIGHT call REGARDLESS of your opinion we relize you give great anylsis from the bench but just drop it because seriously how many games are you going to win with 2 hits anyway
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 4for4 » Tue May 16, 2006 3:36 pm

Ok here's how it is: I didn't even see the play, but EVEN if Bohan caught the ball on the dirt and the momentum carried him in to the dugout it doesn't matter, let's say the runner tags up from the foul ball out, Bohan's momentum taking him into the dugout is the same as a fielder throwing it into the dugout isn't it? Which results in an extra base, correct me if I'm wrong here, but even though he caught it on the dirt, the ball technically still ended up in the dugout, which results in the first right call maloney's ever made in his life.
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby exwestcoach » Tue May 16, 2006 4:30 pm

Ming1:

Speaking as an umpire, it does not matter when or how the correct call was made, the fact that the correct call was ultimately made was what counts. The ground rule states that if Bohans momentum carried him into dead ball territory then the baserunners are to be awarded 1 base. What you need to do is give Mandans coach credit for being astute enough to question the umps and after conversing they did get it right. Yes a tough way to loose but thats why we play the game. 
exwestcoach

Postby exwestcoach » Tue May 16, 2006 4:32 pm

Ming 1:

BULL! I think you are stomping sour grapes!!
Last edited by exwestcoach on Tue May 16, 2006 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exwestcoach

Postby exwestcoach » Tue May 16, 2006 4:35 pm

Sauseauer:

Lundy, Leer, Lifferig, although I do feel he will be up there as he matures, he is only a soph. 
exwestcoach

Postby exwestcoach » Tue May 16, 2006 4:36 pm

Ming1:

GREAT JOB BY THE COACH AND THE UMPS FOR GETTING IT RIGHT!!!!!
exwestcoach

Postby exwestcoach » Tue May 16, 2006 4:38 pm

DWENZEL:

IT WAS AN OUT, THEN THE DEAD BALL, HIS MOMENTUM CAN NOT CARRY HIM INTO THE DEAD BALL AREA, IF IT DOES IT IS A DEAD BALL.
exwestcoach

Postby Ming01 » Tue May 16, 2006 4:39 pm

Bad job for the umps for being persuaded and making the call according to the coach.
I am done with this.  We will get another crack at Mandan again and the result will be different.
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue May 16, 2006 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby exwestcoach » Tue May 16, 2006 4:40 pm

NDPLAYER:

GREAT STATEMENT, COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF, YOU SHOULD CONSIDER UMPING, YOU SOUND LIKE A WORD OF REASON.
exwestcoach

Postby huskers » Tue May 16, 2006 4:48 pm

Actually, I doubt that Schweigert would've argued the call if put in Mack's shoes. He probably woulda been complaining about his players eating seeds.
huskers
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Tue May 16, 2006 5:20 pm

Lets get back to what this topic was meant for.

Game 1: St. Mary's 14 Belcourt 0
W- Bohan

Game 2: St. Mary's 12 Belcourt 0
W- Klabo
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball4 » Tue May 16, 2006 6:23 pm

He plays, but not first games.  Ming: I'm sick of you saying "wait til we get another shot when our bats are hot".  way to give no credit to the excellent game by borr and the Mandan defense.   When you gave your predictions in the other column u said Mandan would be an easy win for the Saints.....yeah....nice call.  
Last edited by baseball4 on Tue May 16, 2006 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball4

Postby Ming01 » Tue May 16, 2006 6:38 pm

I didnt say it would be an easy win.  I said we should beat you guys.  It's not like we cant hit Borr or anything, cuz we shelled him the first time around.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Class A