Bison-Gopher football game

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby thundercat 99 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:11 pm

bbjay wrote:Can't wait to listen to PA and Dubay on Monday!

Ya, me too. They are the best radio hosts out there. Can't wait to here what they say.

Congrats,Bison.       Tyler Rohel is not human!
''You play to win the game!''
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:51 pm

anybody see the highlights on espn and lou holts and mark may talking about them?  Holtz really likes the Bison!
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:33 pm

HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby thundercat 99 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:40 pm

Holtz also mentions Coach Bohl going to Nebraska next year
That would be a huge blow to the program
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:42 pm

thundercat 99 wrote:Holtz also mentions Coach Bohl going to Nebraska next year

he wont go back to nebraska, they pretty much ran Bohl out of there
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:02 pm

Ming01 wrote:
thundercat 99 wrote:Holtz also mentions Coach Bohl going to Nebraska next year

he wont go back to nebraska, they pretty much ran Bohl out of there

the way Mark May was talkin it sounds like Callahann is out and Bohl is one of their favorites to be the new coach, I dont know what happened when he was there before to run him away but if he can turn around that program like he has done with NDSU...not that they were ever bad, but now they are known across america...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tcbison » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:57 am

The North Dakota boys had a big game. We all know about Tyler Roehl and his performance, but Tyler Jangula, Alex Belquist, Lee Vandal, Zach Harrington, Keith Buckman all played very well and made all of North Dakota proud.

Check out more highlights from the Craig Bohl football show. Click on Bison vs Minnesota:

http://www.kx4.com/archives/news/bison/football/

tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:50 pm

Didn't Landon Smith catch a pass?  Remember his quote when he committed to the Bison?  "Lets go down and show those Minnesota boys we can play some football here in North Dakota"  (something like that)
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:14 pm

NDSportsFan wrote: Didn't Landon Smith catch a pass?  Remember his quote when he committed to the Bison?  "Lets go down and show those Minnesota boys we can play some football here in North Dakota"  (something like that)

Yeah, he had 1 reception for 7 yards, as well as a reception the game before. That kid is gonna be an amazing football player, he is only a freshman(redshirt) and will only continue to get better.
project-pat

Postby shs01240 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:03 pm

Funny story. On saturday nights the College Gameday crew give out Pride Stickers to 6 players who played exceptionally well in their respective teams victory. Holtz, May, and I believe its Reece Davis, put a College Gameday Pride Sticker on that player's team's helmet. Tyler Roehl was one of the Pride Sticker recepients this week, but Davis had to use a generic College Gameday helmet because they didn't have an NDSU one on hand. I though it was kinda cool.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thundercat 99 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:37 pm

shs01240 wrote:Funny story. On saturday nights the College Gameday crew give out Pride Stickers to 6 players who played exceptionally well in their respective teams victory. Holtz, May, and I believe its Reece Davis, put a College Gameday Pride Sticker on that player's team's helmet. Tyler Roehl was one of the Pride Sticker recepients this week, but Davis had to use a generic College Gameday helmet because they didn't have an NDSU one on hand. I though it was kinda cool.

Yea,I saw that. I think that NDSU will keep getting some recognition on ESPN for awhile, like Appalacian State did after their big upset.
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:47 pm

thundercat 99 wrote:
shs01240 wrote:Funny story. On saturday nights the College Gameday crew give out Pride Stickers to 6 players who played exceptionally well in their respective teams victory. Holtz, May, and I believe its Reece Davis, put a College Gameday Pride Sticker on that player's team's helmet. Tyler Roehl was one of the Pride Sticker recepients this week, but Davis had to use a generic College Gameday helmet because they didn't have an NDSU one on hand. I though it was kinda cool.

Yea,I saw that. I think that NDSU will keep getting some recognition on ESPN for awhile, like Appalacian State did after their big upset.

Minnesota isnt exaclty Michigan....but maybe for a day or two on PTI or Around the Horn
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby shs01240 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:31 am

I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:40 am

I think North Dakota teams are destined to be media darlings in DI for a few reasons.  First, people love underdog stories, especially the media, and we are the ultimate underdogs.  And the fact that we are state funded schools gives us the image we are just average joes.  The media atttention after the win at Wisconsin was incredible and much the same with the Bison win on Saturday.  We also come without all the pretentiousness of all the major programs.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby shs01240 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:56 pm

Hey, I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed Dragosavich sprinting and celebrating all the way to the sideline, after acting like he was in immense pain for 10 seconds after the roughing the punter play?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby flatlander » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:32 pm

I saw it, when he was running off to the sidelines he was limping and hunched over... then two of his teammates came up and Drago was suddenly healed and was jumping and celebrating with them. It was a miracle.

As for Coach Bohl leaving... if he wants to go, he will. I'd be kind of surprised if Nebraska gets him though since the fans there absolutely savaged him, personally and professionally.

Whatever happens, he has done everything possible to lift NDSU to a new level. For example, NDSU had good facilities when he came in but now with the Dr. Evil Lair they've got at the FargoDome, they are just plain ridiculous. NDSU and he have made the Bison coaching job the one of the most desirable in the FCS. If Bohl goes to a BCS team, then even more coaches will be interested in the job.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges