Bison-Gopher football game

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby tcbison » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:12 am

I am looking forward to the Bison/Gopher football game. After last year I am sure the boys are happy to try and avenge their only loss last year.

I see that Brewster said "I know about the little guys in green coming to Minnesota ... a lot of the psycho-drama that [the media] loves to play out," Brewster said. "Well, you know what? We're going to be ready to play."

It is going to be a fun game just like last year. I don't think NDSU plays as conservate on offense as they did last year though.

tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:29 am

I'm a little worried about the spread offense the Gophers run.  But then last year I was worried about the power running game too.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby andy_7 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:42 am

The way the Gophers are playing now it is NDSU's game to lose.  If the defense plays like they did last year they will deffinately show Minnesota what they got.
andy_7

Postby Number7 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:30 am

NDSportsFan wrote: I'm a little worried about the spread offense the Gophers run.  But then last year I was worried about the power running game too.

Stephen F. Austin and Central Mich. liked to spread it out with very mobile and much better QB's than Minnesota and a banged up NDSU secondary did a great job.  The Minnesota "D" is horrible this year and NDSU rolls 35-17.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:28 pm

Anyone else here attending this game?  I am going, I can't wait. 

Bison 37 Goofers 20
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby tcbison » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:56 pm

Ming01 wrote:Anyone else here attending this game.  I am going, I can't wait. 

Bison 37 Goofers 20

I will be there. Looking forward to it!
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby flatlander » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:56 am

Going with some college buddies; hopefully, we'll be strolling down Nicollet Saturday afternoon smoking victory cigars.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:14 am

Statewide smoking ban is now in effect for Minnesota!

But I just really hope the Bison play their best, if they do they should pull out a win.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby flatlander » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:44 am

NDSportsFan wrote:Statewide smoking ban is now in effect for Minnesota!

But I just really hope the Bison play their best, if they do they should pull out a win.

Hehe, trust me, I'm very happy about the smoking ban in Minnesota; however, it doesn't extend to the outdoors. Besides, if NDSU manages to win this game, the authorities are going to have a lot more to worry about, such as 30,000 Bison fans whooping it up.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:57 am

I wish I could be there, but we got company coming in from the cities.  No chance to rub it in though because he's a North Dakota boy.  But I'll be at Wild Wings in North Fargo when they open at 10 and I'll be a little jacked up.  I was at the game last year, great atmosphere but there were a few U of M guys who were jerks.  This time it will be different.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:47 pm

I wanna see NDSU win because of the hard work the players and coaching staff have put in this year. But seeing the Bison lose to see a small number of Bisons fans ego's drop a little wouldn't hurt my feeling either. No doubt would be a great win, but to me this is the worst Gophers football team ever. Best of Luck to the Bison players and coaches.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:05 pm

I want the Bison to crush the Gophers basically because of PA and Dubay (http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=KFAN_PADubay.xml)  and mostly because of Sid Hartman.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby tcbison » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:25 am

ndfan wrote:I wanna see NDSU win because of the hard work the players and coaching staff have put in this year. But seeing the Bison lose to see a small number of Bisons fans ego's drop a little wouldn't hurt my feeling either. No doubt would be a great win, but to me this is the worst Gophers football team ever. Best of Luck to the Bison players and coaches.

Well, NDSU does hold the longest winning streak in Division I football. However, egos can get pretty inflated easily from the fans. I think NDSU, the team, has really showed the work ethic of North Dakotans very well. Coach Bohl philosophy of picking up your lunch pail and going to work fits very well.

Honestly, I don't care if it is the worst Gophers team ever. It would still be a win over a Big Ten school and one that is nearby. 4 years ago no one thought that could happen.

tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby flatlander » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:20 pm

Meh. If NDSU has listened to the folks who were saying that their egos were out of control and they were doomed to failure in DI, North Dakotans would never have had an opportunity to see one of our teams play a game like this. I'll take puffed up egos over the folks who vociferously mocked NDSU for even trying any day of the week. And part of the satisfaction over this game is proving those guys wrong for the 100th time - it just doesn't get old.

Anyway, I agree that a lot of Bison fans are overconfident. The Gophers have the kind of offense that if is nearly impossible to stop once it starts clicking - it's also an offense that is perfect for exposing NDSU's weakness on defense. Hopefully the coaches have come up with some answers or it could be a five hour game. Besides, NDSU embarrassed them last year at their place and if the Gophers have any pride at all, it's going to be a war out there this year.

flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:02 pm

Personally, I think that Brewster from the U of M is a complete idiot.  He said they would be contending for a big ten title, they would be lucky competing for a Great West Conference title.  I hope the Bison beat them soundly. Prediction Bison 34, Gophers 17.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:42 pm

:Xthe game isn't on cable, that is the biggest load of bull i've ever heard. Now I have to listen to it on the radio. I'm not a happy camper right now:censored::headbang:
project-pat

Postby rep » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:46 pm

project-pat wrote::Xthe game isn't on cable, that is the biggest load of bull i've ever heard. Now I have to listen to it on the radio. I'm not a happy camper right now:censored::headbang:

bowman doesn't have the big ten network???

even jamestown has the big ten network...how can bowman not have it?
rep

Postby ndfan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:56 pm

[user=267]rep[/user] wrote:
project-pat wrote::Xthe game isn't on cable, that is the biggest load of bull i've ever heard. Now I have to listen to it on the radio. I'm not a happy camper right now:censored::headbang:

bowman doesn't have the big ten network???

even jamestown has the big ten network...how can bowman not have it?

I'd be surprised if they even had cable in Bowman haha jk. Nobody has direct tv?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:08 pm

well bowman has FSN, maybe it'll be on there because i've seen a few big 10 network games broadcasted on there, and all my friends with direct tv are busy....i could go watch it at my xc coach's house if i wanted to, just go over without asking, I'm sure he wouldnt mind:D
project-pat

Postby baseball » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:38 am

17-14 bison at the half.  havent listened to the game but looking at the box score it looks like the Bison are dominating the game but one turnover cost them and thats why its only a 3 point game.  without that TO it could be 24-7 instead but o well.  in the first half SU has 259 yards rushing (200-Roehl....one a 77 yd TD on NDSU's 3rd play of the game and then a 68 yard run towards the end of the 2nd quarter)
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mauer07 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:29 am

21-17 gophers at end of 3rd quarter
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:33 am

2 missed FGs are gonnna killing the bison
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mauer07 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:40 am

TD Bison!!! 24-21
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:20 am

Bison-27
Gophers-21

dang it feels good to be a bison
project-pat

Postby bbjay » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:34 am

Can't wait to listen to PA and Dubay on Monday!
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges