2)Minot

3)Dickinson

4)BHS

5)Williston

6)St.Mary's

7)Mandan

8)Beulah

9)Belcourt

Last edited by 4for4 on Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndplayer » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:57 pm

1) Minot
2) Century
3) BHS
4) Dickinson
5) Williston
t6) Mandan
t6) St. Mary's
8) Beulah
9) Belcourt

I know Century beat Minot, but Wentz's arm is gonna fall off if they don't cut down on his pitches.  Not even he can last.  Minot just has too much depth at pitcher. Although that #1 spot is a lot closer than many of us expected.

With exception of that game against Beulah, BHS has really been hitting the ball well, which good enough ptiching to keep them in any game with the offense.  Dickinson still has to prove itself because they havent played much, but too much young talent to doubt them too much.  Williston is my dark horse here, I havent seen or heard too much from them, but I expect them to move up when they get their injured guys back.

St. Mary's and Mandan both have lots of above average players, but neither have anyone that strikes fear into you.  I'd probly give Mandan the edge only because the players are older, but u can't shake off St. Mary's as a team, they play together well.

Beulah is much better than most expected, they can hit fairly well.  And course, Belcourt will be Belcourt.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:41 pm

1 CHS

2Minot

3Williston

4DIcky

5BHS

6Mandan

7saint marys

8 Beulah

9belcourt

i belive that wentz only went 4 innigs aginst minot maybe 3 and than chris wenzel came in and shut them down very very well
Last edited by Saucesauer on Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:22 pm

My picks havent changed much. Theres still plenty of baseball to be played.  I'm still not sold on Century, but I will still give them some respect. They've won some big games.   I dont really like picking since Im on one of the teams but oh well.
1. Minot
2. Dickinson
3. St. Mary's
4. Williston
5. Century
6. BHS
7. Mandan
8. Beulah
9. Belcourt
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:39 pm

Century did beat Minot, but they didn't get much off Lundy and Minot was able to get most of their runs of Wentz.

If Century beats Minot in the second WDA game, I'll be a believer. Williston shouldn't be counted out. Liffrig played against Minot and will only improve as the season goes on.

I think that it should be a dogfight to get into state, but I'm predicting Minot, Century, Williston and Dickinson.
Y-not Daily

Postby KPuck34 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:09 pm

It's early, real early.  I wouldn't read too much into any team's or particular individual's successes or failures.  There's alot of baseball yet to be played.
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby huskers » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:40 am

Here are my picks as of Thursday:

1. Dickinson

2. Minot

3. St. Mary's

4. Williston

5. Century

6. Bismarck

7. Mandan

8. Beulah

9. Belcourt

huskers
NDPreps Starter

Postby klg_11 » Thu May 11, 2006 6:16 am

1)Williston                                                                                  

2)Minot

3)Century

4)Dickinson

5)Mandan

6)St. Marys

7)BHS

8) &  9)  Belcourt and Beulah            
Last edited by klg_11 on Thu May 11, 2006 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
klg_11

Postby slugger_12 » Thu May 11, 2006 10:20 am

Here are my picks:

1.  Minot

2.  Williston

3.  Century or St. Mary's

4.  St. Mary's or Century

5. Dickinson

6.  Bismarck High

7.  Mandan

8.  Belcourt Beulah

I think Williston will challenge Minot for the top but I think that Minot will come out on top at the end.  Century and St. Mary's will have a dog fight for 3 and 4th.  Dickinson is very capable of putting a string of wins together to get closer to the top but right now I have them as number 5.  I thought Bismarck would have alot better showing this year but have not seen it yet.  It should be interesting to see what happens between Williston and Bismarck as they have 2 conference games at Williston tomorrow.
slugger_12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsprtsfn14 » Thu May 11, 2006 4:16 pm

1. Minot
  2. Williston
  3. Century
  4. St. Mary's or Dickinson
  5. St. Mary's or Dickinson
  6. Mandan
  7. Bismarck
  8. Beulah
  9. Belcourt
Minot and Willston won't fall from the top two spots.  Century won't be able to catch them.  Dickinson would have to lose out to lose that 4 spot, highly unlikely.  St. Mary's has quite a few conference games yet, one coming against Mandan, a big game for both.  Bismarck would have to almost win out in order to move up, probably not going to happen.  Beulah won't move and Belcourt is stuck in last.

First Round of WDA

1. Beulah v. Minot
  2. Bismarck v. Williston
  3. Mandan v. Century
  4. St. Mary's v. Dickinson
Last edited by ndsprtsfn14 on Thu May 11, 2006 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndsprtsfn14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsioux » Fri May 12, 2006 5:10 am

maybe st marys should try to get that 6 spot since they beat century twice....
ndsioux

Postby ndplayer » Fri May 12, 2006 5:29 am

1.  Williston - they won't be the #1 seed goin into the wda tourny, but i see them winning it because their bats are too good.

2.  Minot - Will be #1 seed, and will probly pitch in Lundy in 2nd game to assure qualifying.  If they do save him for championship and make it, then i would pick minot #1.  Very close between the 2.

3.  Century - They'll use wentz every possible inning he can pitch, which will be good enough to get them to state.  I'm going to disregard that pummeling they took at the hands of St. Mary's.

4.  Dickinson - This team lives and dies with their bats.  With West Region at Mandan, a hitter's ballpark, expect them to get the bats going.

5.  Mandan - They heated up at the right time, end the season with 2 winnable games vs. BHS and St. Mary's.  If they win those games, look for them in the tourny.  Only question is can the bats stay hot.  It's a young team, so we'll see if the lack of experience hurts them too much.

6.  St. Mary's - It was tough putting them below Mandan, but i think mandan is the hotter team right now.  This is a very clutch team, which is very important during tourny time.  They could make a run.

7.  BHS - This is probly the lowest bhs has ever been, but they are still bhs.  You can never count them out.

8. Beaulah - As nice as it was to see them win a few times this year, they still don't stand much of a chance at wda.

9.  Belcourt - Better luck next year.
Last edited by ndplayer on Fri May 12, 2006 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Fri May 12, 2006 7:52 am

ndsioux wrote:maybe st marys should try to get that 6 spot since they beat century twice....

It dosnt help them when beulah beats them though
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby RedWings7 » Fri May 12, 2006 7:58 am

how close is beulah to moving up to 7? didnt they beat bhs earlier..combine that with 2 wins over belcourt and this win over stmarys...am i missing any wins?? i think they could be moving close to the 7 spot
RedWings7

Postby KPuck34 » Fri May 12, 2006 8:19 am

UConn wrote:how close is beulah to moving up to 7? didnt they beat bhs earlier..combine that with 2 wins over belcourt and this win over stmarys...am i missing any wins?? i think they could be moving close to the 7 spot

[font=Arial]I think after Thursday's action that the standings look something like this (but I'm not 100% positive)[/font]

[font=Arial]WESTREGION

Region

Team W L

Minot 10-3

Century 10-4

Williston 9-3

Dickinson 8-5

St. Mary's 6-5

Bismarck 4-6

Mandan 6-7

Beulah 2-9

Turtle Mountain 0 12
[/font]

I know St. Mary's hasn't played Belcourt yet.  When did Beulah play Belcourt (cuz if they did I did not give them credit for those 2 wins)?

Friday 5/12: BHS @ Williston (both games count in the standings)

Saturday 5/13: BHS vs. St. Mary's
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Fri May 12, 2006 2:28 pm

1. Minot-should win out
2. Williston-still have to beat BHS twice and Century
3. St. Mary's- lots of games left-should beat Mandan, Belcourt and BHS atleast once
4. Century- I think they'll fall to Williston and Minot
5. Dickinson- still have to play Minot, BHS, and Williston
6. Mandan- tough schedule coming up I see them falling to both St. Mary's and BHS
7. BHS
8. Beulah
9. Belcourt
Last edited by Ming01 on Fri May 12, 2006 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby 4for4 » Fri May 12, 2006 2:34 pm

How does St.mary's lose to Beulah? I guess I should be asking, how does Century lose to St.Mary's?
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Return to Class A