Senior Athlete of the Year

Postby slugger_12 » Thu May 11, 2006 10:28 am

At the beginning of the year I thought Lundy would walk away with the award in the West.  However, I am starting to second guess myself.  I have not been impressed with the numbers Lundy has been throwing up.  He hasn't pitched a hole lot and has been having a below average year at the plate compared to his last couple years.  I think Leer from Williston should have a good shot at getting the award as he has been very solid at the plate hitting over .500 and hitting the long ball as well.  He has had some very solid pitching performances on the hill as well.

As for the east I believe it is a toss up between Landry and Ebert.  I do not know how both of them have been doing so can't put forth my two cents on there seasons so far.

What does everyone else think?
slugger_12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Thu May 11, 2006 3:11 pm

i would also have to go with leer he is darn god all around
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Y-not Daily » Thu May 11, 2006 6:55 pm

Leer is a very good candidate, he is hitting the snot out of the ball and is a very good shortstop.

Lundy hasn't had as good of a year at the plate as he did last year when he led the state in both batting average (.560) and homers (12). He is still hitting .344 (.534 on base avg.) with 27 RBI this season, but I'm sure Leer has better numbers at the plate.

But Lundy has been pretty much untouchable on the mound this season. He is 2-0 with a .98 ERA and a nearly 5-to-1 strike out to walk ratio in 21 1/3 innings.

Unless Lundy picks it up at the plate, I'd go with Leer, but if Lundy ends the season hitting better than .400, I may take him.
Y-not Daily

Postby ballgame12 » Sun May 14, 2006 8:54 am

as of late Lundy's been hitting the **** outta the ball.
ballgame12
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Class A