New logo designs

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:56 am

If anyone would be interested in designing a new logo to possibly be displayed here on North Dakota preps, they are more than welcome.  It would be nice to have something slightly smaller than the current logo, but still reflects our state in a  positive manner.  Obviously it should be appropriate and look alright on the aiblue theme, which is our default theme.  By submitting it to ndsportfan@northdakotapreps.com you are also giving permission to possibly display it for any length of time as determined by me. 

Thanks
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Cross_over » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:28 am

I could make one later tonight do u have any high res pictures of nd sports by any chance???

What would u like the size to be on this picture??
Cross_over
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:12 pm

Actually you may want to hold off for a bit.  I've recently been discussing having a custom forum built which is more reliable and can give us some extra features.  If I decide to go ahead with that, and I probably will, there will be a new logo incorporated into the structure of the forum somehow. 

Whereas with this board I can interchange logo's out fairly easy, on a new board it maybe a little more difficult.  However if you want you can do one and run it by me and we could always try it out while we are waiting for the new site to become active.  It's up to you.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Cross_over » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:10 pm

I might just make one to see what i could do but ya if u need graphics work done i can do by any means.

Any high res pictures by any chance??
Cross_over
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:34 am

Actually I don't have any hi-res pics, just the pics from the logo on top.  It was made by Diana from the website The Cat Dragged Inn.  The reason that the logo is so big is because when she reduced the pictures they were too blurry to use.  So I just said what the heck and used the big logo.  It seems to work alright.

By the way, can anyone guess where the pictures are from that were used in the current logo?   The goal posts are just from a generic google image search, but the other 3 have some connection to current teams/venues somewhere in ND.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Cross_over » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:54 am

Ya i could make a smaller and maybe better resoultion on the pictures but i need pictures to work with ill try to think of an idea i can do until pictures come in.
Cross_over
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:26 am

I just talked to a guy yesterday and gave him the go-ahead for designing a new custom website for us, so what you see now will probably only up for a little while longer, depending on how fast he works.   The new website will be in a phpbb3 format and will have a new logo, or a banner to replace the large logo that we currently are using.  It sounds like the guy is eager to get started, so we'll see.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:20 pm

will the new site stop the site from being hacked or whatever it has been doing??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:51 pm

I think that the recent problems are a result of the first hacking and somehow they corrupted the coding which caused the site to go down every few days.   I wasn't able to get much help from the customer service, but eventually the software designer replaced a group of files which seems to have taken care of the problem.

In any event, the wowbb doesn't seem to be a safe format anymore and customer service with them has went downhill somewhat since I started the board.  There will always be the threat of getting hacked again, but once we move I think that the new format will be more secure, the phpbb3 is supposedly written with security in mind and the new hosting company is very highly regarded, there are some other busy forums on there and they have not been interrupted.   It will also give me a contact guy who will do all the security upgrades and future web design modifications that we need, because I'm definetly not an expert in those areas.

So to answer your question.........yes.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:15 pm

It should be faster too, so we won't have the annoying "double posting" that happens sometimes when members hit send more than once.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:01 pm

woo hoo, NDSportsFan you are the man! 2 posts from 1000!
project-pat

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:36 am

999  of them were just warnings for you project-pat.     :rolling:
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Re: New logo designs

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:37 pm

The web designer was not able to use all the images that were sent to me. It seemed that the bigger ones he was able to incorporate. I'd still like to get possibly a hockey and a wrestling image to use.

Thanks everyone who sent me a picture, I really do appreciate it.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Re: New logo designs

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:51 pm

Thanks,

We weren't able to use all the pictures that were sent unfortunately. The large images with lone figures seemed to work the best.

Thanks everyone who was able to send pictures.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Announcements, Feedback, and Suggestions