Jake Mellmer

Postby boysbballfan » Mon May 08, 2006 6:06 pm

Congratulations to Jake Mellmer from Dickinson he won his 4th straight triple crown the only person in North Dakota to do that.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon May 08, 2006 7:15 pm

here might be a good place to throw out what goes in to winning a triple crown. i have no clue what does, so if someone with a little more knowledge on it can, by all means, do.
rep

Postby Football_Wrestling- X's 2 » Tue May 09, 2006 6:14 am

The triple crown is accomplished by winning a folkstyle championship, a Greco championship, and a Freestyle championship. In the state meets then you've got your Triple Crown.:dude::dude::dude:

Good Job,Jake.
Last edited by Football_Wrestling- X's 2 on Tue May 09, 2006 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Football_Wrestling- X's 2

Postby The Ambassador » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:12 pm

rep wrote:here might be a good place to throw out what goes in to winning a triple crown. i have no clue what does, so if someone with a little more knowledge on it can, by all means, do.

yes i had the same question
The Ambassador

Postby bballcrasher » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:48 am

The answer is in the post above yours. Freestyle, Greco, and Folkstyle Champion in your state. Folkstyle is high school wrestling. Freestyle and Greco are both under the USA Wrestling umbrella.
Mediocrity always discriminates excellance.
bballcrasher
NDPreps Starter

Postby Takedown » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:38 pm

Jake is a very good role model for any young wrestler. Also it is an amazing thing where all your hard work can take you. Congrats Jake
Respect must be earned but honor must be proven.
Takedown
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Wrestling