best college QB?

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby project-pat » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:01 pm

who is the best QB in nd college football? My vote goes for Nick Walker from Dickinson State, a native of Plentywood Montana. He pretty much re wrote the team record books in 2000-2002. He had 5467 career passing yards, 1000 more than the next leader. He threw 63 TD's, an astonishing 13 more than the next guy. He also holds records for passing efficiency, attempts/completions, most TD's responsible for, and most total offensive yards. He holds numerous other records as well.
project-pat

Postby biggmontana » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:15 pm

Couldn't agree more. He was an all-american. Thats enough for me right there. Nick Walker is a living legend.
biggmontana

Postby project-pat » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:18 pm

yeah i mean DAC-10 MVP, the kid was insane
project-pat

Postby cubsfan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:34 am

project-pat wrote:who is the best QB in nd college football? My vote goes for Nick Walker from Dickinson State, a native of Plentywood Montana. He pretty much re wrote the team record books in 2000-2002. He had 5467 career passing yards, 1000 more than the next leader. He threw 63 TD's, an astonishing 13 more than the next guy. He also holds records for passing efficiency, attempts/completions, most TD's responsible for, and most total offensive yards. He holds numerous other records as well.
I was going to ssay T. J. Sanford, but this guy sounds a little better.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:13 am

Jeff Bentrim (sp?) from NDSU. Talk about a guy who could run the option like no other. I remembe watching him make a play when i was like 10 years old, he had two guys on him and both knees about to hit the ground when he made this unbelievable pitch and the guy took it to the house. My guess is he made a lot more plays like that.
ndfbfan

Postby baseball » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:38 am

i dont know how or if he matches up to these other guys but since i was a young kid i always remember Kevin Feeney from NDSU? but he is towards the top of a lot of NDSU records
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:17 am

baseball wrote:i dont know how or if he matches up to these other guys but since i was a young kid i always remember Kevin Feeney from NDSU? but he is towards the top of a lot of NDSU records

i agree...he was amazing
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby flatlander » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:33 am

I've only seen NDSU and UND QBs. For NDSU, Feeney, Simdorn, Bentrim, Beachy, Speral, etc at NDSU were great.

However, Jeff Bentrim is in the College Football Hall of Fame; he also broke Walter Payton's record for most rushing TDs and led NDSU to FOUR national championship games.

That said, if you can get a ticket to a game, Steve Walker (NDSU's current QB) is something else. He threw for 3,986 in his senior year in HS and led his team to the Illinois big school state championship and was named the IL Offensive Player of the Year. At NDSU, he has just gotten better. 15 interceptions versus 46 career touchdowns. I've lost track of how many times he has marched the team to a TD with time running out.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:55 am

colt brennan
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:05 am

power-aid14 wrote:colt brennan

um......?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:32 pm

power-aid14 wrote:colt brennan
umm...first off...he play's in Hawaii....and second he's a native of CA....so he doesnt come close to qualifying
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:57 am

I think Bentrim would have to be the best.  Stats don't mean all that much, but when you can lead your team to 4 national championship games that is just flat out amazing.  Plus, even being mentioned in the same sentence as Walter Payton and being in the NATIONAL college fball HOF speaks for his stats as well.  Walker from DSU would be considered as well.  Amazing stats and he also led DSU deep in the national playoffs every year I believe.  They were the top team in the DAC and one of the top NAIA programs when he was there so that has to speak something for him, too.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges