Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:14 pm

As a Cavalier Alum I just wanted to congratulate Mitch Ford on winning his first state championship at 152 pounds. Great accomplishment and hopefully you can win it again next year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby inittowinit » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:52 pm

that was a pretty controversial call there on the side of the mat...im hearing that his feet were in on the takedown and his feet were out....if anyone has watched the tape they should tell me what really happened
inittowinit

Postby ndfan » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:04 am

Yeah I heard that it was controversial also, but it always seems like there is one controversial call in the championship round every year. I was reading some of the comments Moch had posted on the dakotagrappler which were pretty childish. He's got a couple more years to prove he is the best in the state.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:26 pm

ndfan wrote:Yeah I heard that it was controversial also, but it always seems like there is one controversial call in the championship round every year. I was reading some of the comments Moch had posted on the dakotagrappler which were pretty childish. He's got a couple more years to prove he is the best in the state.

It is kind of childish, but you have to understand Drew's personality. He is definately one that wears his emotions on his sleeves. Sometimes he gets a little carried away. But really, how can you blame the kid. I'm not saying it was a bad call or not, I'm just saying it was for a state championship. That is a once in a lifetime chance. You can't tell me if something controversial happend to you in a state championship match you wouldn't be a little irate.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:14 pm

[user=1515]baller01[/user] wrote:
ndfan wrote:Yeah I heard that it was controversial also, but it always seems like there is one controversial call in the championship round every year. I was reading some of the comments Moch had posted on the dakotagrappler which were pretty childish. He's got a couple more years to prove he is the best in the state.

It is kind of childish, but you have to understand Drew's personality. He is definately one that wears his emotions on his sleeves. Sometimes he gets a little carried away. But really, how can you blame the kid. I'm not saying it was a bad call or not, I'm just saying it was for a state championship. That is a once in a lifetime chance. You can't tell me if something controversial happend to you in a state championship match you wouldn't be a little irate.

I have no problem if he irate about it, I'm sure most people would as would I. BUT going onto a message board and calling yourself the UNOFFICAL CHAMPION isn't the way to go. By saying that your taking away from the OFFICAL champ. Take the high road, put the chip on your shoulder, work your tail off and come back next year and show the state why he is the best wrestler in the state at his weight. I just disliked the way he let his emotions out on a message board like that. I wish him nothining but the best in the future and hope he does get a state championship soon.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:31 am

ndfan wrote:[user=1515]baller01[/user] wrote:

I have no problem if he irate about it, I'm sure most people would as would I. BUT going onto a message board and calling yourself the UNOFFICAL CHAMPION isn't the way to go. By saying that your taking away from the OFFICAL champ. Take the high road, put the chip on your shoulder, work your tail off and come back next year and show the state why he is the best wrestler in the state at his weight. I just disliked the way he let his emotions out on a message board like that. I wish him nothining but the best in the future and hope he does get a state championship soon.

I guess I kind of agree with you. Me personanlly I never would go and put something like that but I think Drew just let his emotions get the best of him. I went on and read that stuf, even though I am a basktball player, haha, and later read that he apologized. So yes, I don't think it was right, but then again he did apologize.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby creme de la creme » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:12 am

mitch ford had a great championship run this year, congratulations to him and his efforts.
i saw 'em in eastbay kid
creme de la creme
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wombat » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:53 pm

I was watching the match from on the floor on the side of the mat that the call was made on. When Ford hit the mat Moch's feet were in bounds, but at that time he had no control and was not behind Ford. As he moved around behind ford to gain control he circled out of bounds and control was then gained AFTER they were both OB.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ahhhh » Fri May 04, 2007 5:34 pm

Wow
ahhhh

Return to Wrestling