Softball

Postby Baller » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:28 pm

The NDHSAA has stated that they will sanction softball in the spring of 09 if there are a minimum of 12 team participating.  Who is participating now?

West Fargo, South, North, Shanley, Minot, Minot Ryan, RR, Central......DL has a club team....who am I missing?
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby morethanagame » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:39 pm

Enderlin, Valley City, and Wyndmere are also new teams. Enderlin played last year and VC and Wyndmere started this year. Those are the only other teams that I know of.
morethanagame

Postby bballfan1 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:27 am

they were way late on this it should have been done a while ago and ND teams would be better if they had
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby morethanagame » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:04 pm

It's better late than never. Enderlin put up some pretty good fights last year against some Class A teams. It will take a few years to get the interest up and to get some girls interested and working on pitching, and ND should have some good competitors. From what I hear, in the next few years there will be quite a few class B teams in the South East part of the state. There is a lot of interest down there.
morethanagame

Postby Number7 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:45 pm

As for this years season, West Fargo although they are very young will win their 10th consecutive state championship, but shanley will give them a run for their money.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Carl08 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:47 pm

Number7 wrote:As for this years season, West Fargo although they are very young will win their 10th consecutive state championship, but shanley will give them a run for their money.

Are you serious...It will be an upset if wf beats shanley this year.  Shanley has better offense defense and much better pitching.  WF's pitcher is streaky at best and they are extremely young.  Shanley lost noone from last year's team that took second at state...WF lost 12? I happen to know for a fact Shanley beat WF easily in summer ball and without one of their best players.   Pat Johnson said in the paper that SHS was the best team in the state
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:49 pm

Just a personal opinion, softball and baseball should be reserved for the summer and kept out of school programs.  This state is just to unpredictable in terms of weather.  Let them run track in the spring.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:01 pm

Carl08 wrote:
Number7 wrote:As for this years season, West Fargo although they are very young will win their 10th consecutive state championship, but shanley will give them a run for their money.

Are you serious...It will be an upset if wf beats shanley this year.  Shanley has better offense defense and much better pitching.  WF's pitcher is streaky at best and they are extremely young.  Shanley lost noone from last year's team that took second at state...WF lost 12? I happen to know for a fact Shanley beat WF easily in summer ball and without one of their best players.   Pat Johnson said in the paper that SHS was the best team in the state

I agree that shanley is CURRENTLY the best team in the state. The fact WF was beat early and may struggle early in the year is the fact they havent played that much together, but with the best coach in the state they will put it all together and sophomore sensation Andrea Sluke will dominate.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:32 pm

i read in the paper that norths kaspari (sp?) threw a 1 hitter her first game, and a no hitter last night
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:35 pm

sportsman20 wrote:i read in the paper that norths kaspari (sp?) threw a 1 hitter her first game, and a no hitter last night

Wow what grade is she in? and who did they play?
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Carl08 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:25 pm

i think she pitched last year so she can't be that young...she'll have a test with Shanley next year
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Spoof_Team » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:27 am

Carl08 wrote:

Shanley is the favorite. 4 all-staters back and the best SS in the state.
Last edited by Spoof_Team on Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoof_Team
NDPreps Starter

Postby Carl08 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:51 am

shanley had an ugly game vs. Fargo North last night and played about as bad as they could have defensively. still won 13 to 11
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby gophers18 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:31 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:Just a personal opinion, softball and baseball should be reserved for the summer and kept out of school programs.  This state is just to unpredictable in terms of weather.  Let them run track in the spring.

IMO if thats the case then basketball and football should not have camps in the summer.  I don't think that the kids in spring ball would go out for track anyway otherwise they wouldn't be in spring ball. Just my own opinion. 
gophers18

Postby Carl08 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:10 pm

gophers18 wrote:
Wild Wolves wrote:Just a personal opinion, softball and baseball should be reserved for the summer and kept out of school programs.  This state is just to unpredictable in terms of weather.  Let them run track in the spring.

IMO if thats the case then basketball and football should not have camps in the summer.  I don't think that the kids in spring ball would go out for track anyway otherwise they wouldn't be in spring ball. Just my own opinion. 
if you stop playing baseball and softball in the spring then what about soccer, tennis and golf...they have just as much trouble with the weather
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:32 pm

Again this is just me so form your own opinion.  I would like to see schools go to a year around schedule.  It would allow states to add credit to graduation requirements and to spread out school sports.  In regard to legion ball I think you could keep it alive in terms of the regional and national tournamnet go.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Carl08 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:21 pm

WF is looking pretty good and Shanley still seems to be working out some bugs but they play each other on friday so we will know soon!!!
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan1 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:56 pm

I wasn't there but i hear shanley beat WF 6-4.  Big win for shanley...first time they have ever beat WF in softball and first conference loss for WF in over a year.
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby roughrider125 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:43 am

looks like shanley is definitely the team to beat...they beat WF with conant (sophmore) pitching and beat South on Tuesday with an 8th grader pitching!! 
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:30 pm

gophers18 wrote:

What does that mean, they would rather do nothing than be n track?  I know of numerous athletes that are forced to decide between the two. 
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan1 » Wed May 16, 2007 12:09 pm

WF is looking much better than they did at the beginning of the season and North has been a big suprise...Shanley is winning most of their games but seem to be underachieving a little...who does everyone think is the favorite at this point in the season?
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Carl08 » Wed May 16, 2007 12:12 pm

bballfan1 wrote:WF is looking much better than they did at the beginning of the season and North has been a big suprise...Shanley is winning most of their games but seem to be underachieving a little...who does everyone think is the favorite at this point in the season?
I'm still going with Shanley because North WF and SHS seem to be equals but Shanley has the most experience.  There's Still a big game between SHS and WF next week sometime
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby roughrider125 » Thu May 17, 2007 5:53 am

Carl08 wrote:
bballfan1 wrote:WF is looking much better than they did at the beginning of the season and North has been a big suprise...Shanley is winning most of their games but seem to be underachieving a little...who does everyone think is the favorite at this point in the season?
I'm still going with Shanley because North WF and SHS seem to be equals but Shanley has the most experience.  There's Still a big game between SHS and WF next week sometime

I think that it's wide open at this point. Both WF and North could be upset by South this week and like Carl08 said, WF and SHS still have to play each other again - as for state im taking Shanley over North in the Championship
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby HitManHoops » Mon May 21, 2007 6:24 am

ANNIE JACKSON IS THEE BEST CENTERFIELDER IN THE STATE HANDS DOWN!! :) [size=2](BUT I HOPE SHE DOESN'T PUT HER HANDS DOWN CAUSE SHE'LL GET HIT WITH A SOFTBALL...:headsmack: KEEP YOUR HANDS UP, ANNIE!) :inv:[/size]
Last edited by HitManHoops on Mon May 21, 2007 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
HitManHoops

Postby Carl08 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:37 am

U are cool...and centerfield...who cares?
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Girls softball