What do you think is the best movie around ?

All other topics other than sports related.

Postby feeshattack » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:41 am

uber pwnage wrote:Does anyone here actually watch movies? Or do you all just respond to the trailers you see on tv.

-The Departed

Easily deserves a mention.

the only thing i didnt like about departed was the fact that everybody just got shot at the end and died... but still a very good movie
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby iceman3 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:58 am

feeshattack wrote:
uber pwnage wrote:Does anyone here actually watch movies? Or do you all just respond to the trailers you see on tv.

-The Departed

Easily deserves a mention.

the only thing i didnt like about departed was the fact that everybody just got shot at the end and died... but still a very good movie

i feel the same way feeshattack, well acutally it was cool but i didnt understand why
iceman3

Postby rep » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:26 pm

if you like quirky dialogue, lucky number sleven is a pretty decent watch. when i'm in the mood for that kind of thing, i enjoy the movie. some days i just want to put in a movie as background noise and on those days it isn't too good.
rep

Postby Mustanghero » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:45 pm

I know what u mean, but I use Anchorman instead
Find a sport you love, and you'll never practice a day in your career
Mustanghero
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mauer07 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:56 am

feeshattack wrote:im a fan of the sport movies.... Friday Night Lights, We are Marshall, Coach Carter

the Pink Panther and Master of Disquise are some pertty funny movies

that movie was one of the best movies i ever seen. It potrayed the team very well and I cant wait till it comes out on dvd
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bb baby » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:39 am

DIRTY DANCING!!
bb baby
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ming01 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:17 am

One movie that was very good, it's somewhat of a sports movie... Cinderella Man.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby klg_11 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:44 pm

Ming01 wrote:One movie that was very good, it's somewhat of a sports movie... Cinderella Man.

ya thats a pretty awesome movie!
klg_11

Postby deere » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:59 pm

Western- Open Range, Tombstone, The good the bad and the ugly, hang em high and yes the quick and the dead...
deere

Postby klg_11 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:05 pm

deere wrote:Western- Open Range, Tombstone, The good the bad and the ugly, hang em high and yes the quick and the dead...

i'll be ur huckleberry

klg_11

Postby rumbles » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:19 pm

Ming01 wrote:One movie that was very good, it's somewhat of a sports movie... Cinderella Man.
i agree one of the best ive seen
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:08 pm

The Boondock Saints, Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas, The Color of Money, Poolhall Junkies, Four Brothers, A Man Apart, A History of Violence, Walking Tall, Assault on Precinct 13, The Sting, The Punisher, The Godfather 1, 2 and 3, Saw 1, 2, and 3, Black Hawk Down, Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, Dodgeball: A True Underdog's Sport, Anchorman, Old School, South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, Blazing Saddles, Scarface, Sin City, Smokin' Aces, Accepted, Beerfest to name a few.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:18 pm

Bad Boys 1 &2, Scary Movie 1 &2, Halloween 1 and 2, Necessarry Roughness, Spaceballs, Black Sheep, Beverly Hills Ninja, Joe Dirt, ANYTHING with Christopher Walken
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby KevO42 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:11 am

i think the best movie ever is Friday Night Lights.
KevO42

Postby Mustanghero » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:24 pm

KevO42 wrote:i think the best movie ever is Friday Night Lights.

it's good but if I could I'd wipe my behind with it instead
Find a sport you love, and you'll never practice a day in your career
Mustanghero
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:41 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:The Boondock Saints, Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas, The Color of Money, Poolhall Junkies, Four Brothers, A Man Apart, A History of Violence, Walking Tall, Assault on Precinct 13, The Sting, The Punisher, The Godfather 1, 2 and 3, Saw 1, 2, and 3, Black Hawk Down, Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, Dodgeball: A True Underdog's Sport, Anchorman, Old School, South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, Blazing Saddles, Scarface, Sin City, Smokin' Aces, Accepted, Beerfest to name a few.

that is a great movie
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby klg_11 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:44 pm

brownbomber wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:The Boondock Saints, Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas, The Color of Money, Poolhall Junkies, Four Brothers, A Man Apart, A History of Violence, Walking Tall, Assault on Precinct 13, The Sting, The Punisher, The Godfather 1, 2 and 3, Saw 1, 2, and 3, Black Hawk Down, Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, Dodgeball: A True Underdog's Sport, Anchorman, Old School, South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, Blazing Saddles, Scarface, Sin City, Smokin' Aces, Accepted, Beerfest to name a few.

that is a great movie

the best part is towards the beginning when he drops a toilet on the guys head, pretty funny stuff there
klg_11

Postby classb_fan00 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:52 am

Friday Night Lights, Remember The Titans, Cool Runnings, The Air Up There
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby feeshattack » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:15 am

bb baby wrote:DIRTY DANCING!!

no... only people over the age of 72 like that movie
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby feeshattack » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:16 am

classb_fan00 wrote:Friday Night Lights, Remember The Titans, Cool Runnings, The Air Up There

people people cant belive, that jamaica have a boblsed team... haha that is a great movie but you got to feel the rythm, feel the ride, cmon Jamaica its bobsled time
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:47 pm

klg_11 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:

that is a great movie

the best part is towards the beginning when he drops a toilet on the guys head, pretty funny stuff there

the best in when they drop from the ceiling and kill those guys sitting in the room
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby klg_11 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:38 pm

brownbomber wrote:
klg_11 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:

that is a great movie

the best in when they drop from the ceiling and kill those guys sitting in the room

haha ya u gotta love the whole movie.
klg_11

Postby Pfenix » Tue May 01, 2007 1:41 pm

The best movie I have seen recently is Children of Men.  If you haven't had the chance to see it, see it.  It scared me a helluva lot more than those glorified snuff films that have been coming out recently.  The Departed is good, but I recommend you see the chinese original called Infernal Affairs.  It's a much better movie.  Otherwise all of Quentin Tarantino's movie are some of my all time favorites.

War--Letters from Iwo Jima
Quirky--Fight Club--I can't believe no one has said this one yet.  Watch it, it will change your life.
Action--Running Scared
Crime--The Godfather, Goodfellas, Resevoir Dogs, The Usual Suspects, Layer Cake.  Nothing else comes close.
Comedy--Borat, Clerks, Waking Ned Divine--Better than every Ben Stiller movie ever made
Independent--Memento, Six String Samurai, Pulp Fiction
Drama--Schindler's List
Fantasy/Sci Fi--The Lord of the Rings, 2001, 1984, Aliens, The Empire Strikes Back
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby FargoBison » Tue May 01, 2007 7:56 pm

Here's my list:

War: Saving Private Ryan

Comedy: Super Troopers and Tommy Boy

Teen-College: Animal House 

Family: The Rookie

Drama: Shawshank Redemption and The Departed

Animation: Family Guy

Sports: Rudy

Action/Thriller- Man on Fire

Sci-Fi: Lord of the Rings(any one of them)

RANDOM GENRE: Rounders
Last edited by FargoBison on Tue May 01, 2007 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FargoBison
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the captain » Mon May 28, 2007 11:52 am

I'm surprised that one of the best movies I've ever seen hasn't been on this lst yet, Seven is a great movie that keeps you thinking the whole time.
the captain

PreviousNext

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories