Legends

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:58 am

Congratulations to these two North Dakota legends. 

From the Fargo Forum:

Leier, Manson picked for national honor
The Forum
Published Thursday, December 21, 2006

[align=right]

BISMARCK – Dwight Leier of Esmond and Gene Manson of Minot have been selected for induction into the 2007 National High School Athletic Coaches Association Hall of Fame. Leier coached football and track for 35 years at Esmond-Maddock. He won 249 football games, including one 9-man state championship. His football teams qualified for the playoffs 17 times.[/align]
Manson, the Minot High basketball coach, has been coaching for 36 years at four different schools. He led the Magicians to a record 16 straight state tournament appearances, winning four Class A titles. He has a lifetime record of 594 wins and 257 losses.

The men will be honored in Milwaukee at the group’s annual meeting in June.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:47 am

Thanks for the info. Both are very deserving.

Dwight coached in his home town of Esmond, In the fall of 1984 the last year before they co-oop'ed with Maddock, I think they dressed 12 kids that year and made it to the quarter finals before losing to Enderlin in OT.

Coach Leier was an amazing coach and is a true living legend in North Dakota 9-man football.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby BaldEagle » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:59 am

Congrats to both.

We had a lot of respect for Manson when we played against his teams.  He is a class act.
Last edited by BaldEagle on Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon May 14, 2007 7:12 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Thanks for the info. Both are very deserving.

Dwight coached in his home town of Esmond, In the fall of 1984 the last year before they co-oop'ed with Maddock, I think they dressed 12 kids that year and made it to the quarter finals before losing to Enderlin in OT.

Coach Leier was an amazing coach and is a true living legend in North Dakota 9-man football.

Coach Leier is a class hard to follow.  I played at JC with is son's Brian and Davin. He totally built a legacy there.  He is such a nice guy too! 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Football