2006 High School Baseball

Postby Saas25 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:35 pm

KPuck34 I agreed with what you say but I just don't want to brag about my team ya know?  And also Bismarck High will have Will Sherwin, who could be playing outfield as Dingeman would play 1st base then. He spent a year over in Germany last year so he couldn't play last year, but he started varsity is junior year and did pretty well.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby KPuck34 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:14 pm

Ming01 - unless you can name names and positions for the 14 'letterwinners' or 'players with experience' Dickinson has returning, I'm not buying your prediction.  Last time I checked, only nine players can take the field and be in the starting line-up (10 if you count the DH).  What did Dickinson do, go out and recruit some more players from the surrounding class B towns to come play for them again?
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby dwenzel34 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:26 am

Bismarck is easily going to be better then Dickenson, Dickenson has Frenzel, and Shroeder. Their team consists of mostly junior with some talent but BHS will smoke them i believe. I know I play for Century and I should be saying how we are going to place first but my feeling is any teams can be beat and you never know Dickenson could beat BHS but BHS is a better team.
dwenzel34

Postby KPuck34 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:48 am

Let's put this into perspective.  Dickinson managed to squeak out a 1-0 victory in the first round of the state A high school tourney last spring and then got smoked in the semi-final and third place games.  If I remember correctly, Dickinson was outscored something like 29-2 in those last two games.  AND, let's not forget that Dickinson finished 4th in the west region during the regular season of american legion baseball and failed to qualify for the state A legion tourney.
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:34 am

They also have about 13-14 players with quite a bit of expierience back and have abou 11 letterwinners back.  Well the coaches even predicted them 2nd.  I guess they know more than you. 
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby 4for4 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:33 am

Just because they lettered doesn't mean they're any good Ming01, your ranking teams by how many returnees the teams have back, which in reality doesn't mean much. Schroeder and Frenzel are the only ones that can do anything for Dickinson, Period. If we ranked teams just by how many returning lettering players came back, Belcourt might even be ranked #1 in the West.
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby KPuck34 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:54 am

4for4 - thank you for supporting my point. 

Ming01 - If a player can't hit or can't catch a cold in the field as a junior, do you really think he is going to put his team over the top this year as a senior?  4for4 hit the nail right on the head with his Belcourt example.  I'm not ready to pick St. Mary's as the team to beat this year in the west just because their jv team won the west region tourney at the end of the year last year.  It may help them down the road but not this year.

As far as your statement of coaches knowing more, get a clue.  Coaches are the biggest sand baggers in the history of mankind, nobody ranks their team high in a preseason poll.  Do you think the Minot coach voted himself #1?  I don't think so. 

Somebody help me out here.  I'm looking for the preseason picks for football and boys basketball that appeared in the Bismarck Tribune, The Hoopster and The Gridiron Preview this year.  How close were the predictions to the actual standings at the end of the year?
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby magic715 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:55 pm

As far as Class B baseball thompson is number 1, but bishop ryan should be very good this year and the next 2 yrs after. with Huettl being a number 1 pitcher on almost any team, and they have a good number 2 pitcher in lefty Brooks Backes(sophomore). Also Braden Bosch will be their leader at the plate with Huettl. minots summer babe  ruth 15 yrs old team took second in state and they had alot of bishop ryan kids.
magic715

Postby Ming01 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:27 pm

Don't assume things.  Im not predicting the teams based on expierience back.  Minot  has less expierience then a lot of teams, but I still have them in first.  And also coaches don't vote for their own teams anyways.  Dickinson has good baseball every year, so thats why Im not counting them out.  They should be one of the better teams in wda, (so will bhs)  and I also see Dickinson being one of the better teams in state.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby dwenzel34 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:18 pm

Ming who does Dickinson have besides Frenzel and Shroeder?
dwenzel34

Postby Ming01 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:53 pm

chris rasmunseen, ben herauf, travis tooley, aaron pavlicek, jacob braunagel, alex koppinger, and that kovacs kid.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby KPuck34 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:54 pm

Mong01 - you clearly stated that "They (Dickinson) also have about 13-14 players with quite a bit of expierience back and have abou 11 letterwinners back."  When you write a statement like that you can't come back and say "Im not predicting the teams based on expierience back."

Minot  might have less expierience then a lot of teams but they have some dudes who can flat out play ball (Elgie, Lundy, Hornecker, Houston, Gathman).  These guys can beat you when they have an average day.  For Dickinson to win, Frenzel and Schroeder both have to bring their "A" game. Dickinson is a smaller community, good classes come and go, they don't good baseball every year.  I just don't see them being one of the better teams in state.
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby KPuck34 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:57 pm

Ming01 - who are these players from Dickinson?  What position do they play?
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:58 pm

KPuck34 wrote:Mong01 - you clearly stated that "They (Dickinson) also have about 13-14 players with quite a bit of expierience back and have abou 11 letterwinners back."  When you write a statement like that you can't come back and say "Im not predicting the teams based on expierience back."

Minot  might have less expierience then a lot of teams but they have some dudes who can flat out play ball (Elgie, Lundy, Hornecker, Houston, Gathman).  These guys can beat you when they have an average day.  For Dickinson to win, Frenzel and Schroeder both have to bring their "A" game. Dickinson is a smaller community, good classes come and go, they don't good baseball every year.  I just don't see them being one of the better teams in state.

Dude your argument doesnt make any sense when your comparing it to mine.  Just stop posting because it will help you in the long run.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby NYYANKS » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:58 pm

What is the whole coaches poll for the whole state. Does anybody know?

NYYANKS
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:03 pm

State coaches poll:

1. Minot 2. Fargo North 3. GFC 4. Dickinson 5. Williston
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:17 pm

4for4 wrote:Just because they lettered doesn't mean they're any good Ming01, your ranking teams by how many returnees the teams have back, which in reality doesn't mean much. Schroeder and Frenzel are the only ones that can do anything for Dickinson, Period. If we ranked teams just by how many returning lettering players came back, Belcourt might even be ranked #1 in the West.

Well Belcourt finished last and didnt get a win in class a.  And Dickinson also finished 3rd in WDA and made state.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby KPuck34 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:24 pm

Ming01 you are obviously missing the point.  Everyone else sees it but you.  You picked Dickinson #2 in the west, said they are going to be one of the top teams in the state.  You said it was because they had letterwinners and experience coming back.  You made a bad pick, don't have the stats or roster to back it up.  Admit you made a bad pick and move on.
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:25 pm

KPuck34 wrote:Ming01 you are obviously missing the point.  Everyone else sees it but you.  You picked Dickinson #2 in the west, said they are going to be one of the top teams in the state.  You said it was because they had letterwinners and experience coming back.  You made a bad pick, don't have the stats or roster to back it up.  Admit you made a bad pick and move on.

Opinions are just opinions, yeah my prediction was misleading so is the coaches
poll... haha
And I have a question for you, do you even play baseball or even follow baseball?
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby exwestcoach » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:55 pm

From what I hear Koppinger has "other" responsibilities to be concerned with.
exwestcoach

Postby KPuck34 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:21 pm

Ming01 - get a clue.  I know baseball and I know the local baseball talent.  What about you?  I don't remember seeing your face on the field when I go to the baseball games in the summer.
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:42 am

Ming Your mouth is just moving and nothing is getting stated you had st marys rated so high with all their experiance too but coaches dont think that you need to drop dickinson your from bismarck arnt you

Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 4for4 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:50 am

Ming01, it's about 5 on 1, with the 5 agreeing that dickinson won't be as great as you think. Every single one of those names you listed for the Dickinson lineup are unheard of. And yes you are listing the teams based on experience, you had St.Mary's ranked 4th, there's no way St. Mary's even makes the top 6. They have Bohan and Earhardt, anyone else returning besides Loomis and his pitching, is nothing to ride home about. You say Century will be ranked 6 or 7, let's get serious now, Century is going to be solid all the way around besides some pitching issues, they will be ahead of St. Mary's and Dickinson, look for them to be at least in the top 4, I'm predicting them 3rd.
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby 4for4 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:52 am

And the coaches polls don't mean anything, their opinions are as good as anyone elses, are they ever accurate? I think not.
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:59 am

Good for your opinions.  The coaches poll is more accurate then your own.  Just because its 5 on 1 doesnt mean your all right.  Plus anyways who should I trust more?  Just some peoples opinions on a message board or an actual coaches poll?  Oh well, lets just enjoy the season and see how it finishes out.
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Class A