ND Class B boys poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby itsallabouteddie » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:12 pm

Team                 record    votes      LW
1 Bottineau (5)    2-0        76           1
2 May-Port CG (3) 3-0       74           2
3 Bowman             4-0       60          3
4 P-B-K                  2-0       52          4
5 Richland             3-0        48          5
6 Dickinson Trinity 5-1        36          6
7 Four Winds         3-0        24          7
8 Parshall               2-0        20         8
9 Hatton-N'wood    3-0        19         9
10 Langdon            3-1          8         10
TIEVelva                 6-0          8         NR

Others Receiving Votes: Fargo Oak Grove, LaMoure, Edinburg-Valley
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby itsallabouteddie » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:58 pm

[align=left]Team                          Record            votes               last week[/align]
[align=left]1 MPCG   (9)                  4-0                 90                       2[/align]
[align=left]2 Bowman                     4-0                 69                       3[/align]
[align=left]3 Bottineau                   4-1                 54                       1[/align]
[align=left]4 PBK                            3-0                 50                       4[/align]
[align=left]5 Ashley                        6-0                 48                       NR[/align]
[align=left]6 Four Winds                 5-0                 47                       7[/align]
[align=left]7 Trinity                         5-1                 43                       6[/align]
[align=left]8 Velva                          6-0                 26                      10[/align]
[align=left]9 Valley-Edinburg          6-0                 21                       NR[/align]
[align=left]10 Richland                    4-2                 19                       5[/align]
[align=left]

Others Receiving Votes: Hatton-Northwood, Parshall, LaMoure, Minnewaukan-Leeds, Langdon, Drake-Anamoose.[/align]
Last edited by itsallabouteddie on Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:28 pm

Doesn't Velva know it's supposed to be a football/wrestling school?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:46 am

Bishop Ryan and Watford City getting no love....

Ryan will battle Bottineau for the top spot in Region 6 and Watford City will be right there with Divide County and Parshall in Region 8.

Nice win for May-Port over Stephen Argyle.

Who beat Trinity?
Y-not Daily

Postby itsallabouteddie » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:12 pm

Mayville is tough. they have about 4 guys who can kill you. I really like the Lorenz kid they have. He's a big guard who plays very well. Only a junior.  If they can make it out of the always very tough region 2, i'll have to give them the nod to take the title this year. I'm looking at Trinity's schedule, and I think they lost to Bowman. I'm not sure what the score was. Props to Ashley for beating Bottineau at the Linton Tourney. Big win for them and its nice to see them doing well.
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wombat » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:53 pm

Mayville plays Hatton Northwood Friday night in what should be a pretty good game!Could be the region championship preview.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:14 am

Y-not, 

Any word on Velva?  They gotta have some good matchups coming, anybody that can knock em off?  I'm kinda rootin for Parshall this year I watched them play back in the day, when they had Pete Stewart, they were extremely well coached way back then.  
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:44 am

I think Velva plays Bottineau on feb 3rd both teams in the top 10 right now so should a great game.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:19 am

Velva hasn't played anyone yet... They have one really good kid... Joe Effertz... good inside-out player at 6-foot-3. But Region 6 is way too tough... Bottineau vs. Bishop Ryan for the title IMO.

Parshall's year will be 2006-07 IMO. The Packineau brothers will be seniors and their biggest kid, Rudy Young Bird, will be a junior. He will need to pack on some lbs to be a legit inside force. They could make it to state this year, but next year they will be a force.
Y-not Daily

Postby thundercrew » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:09 pm

Went to Maville tonite and watched Hatton-Northwood vs. the Patriots. Im a thunder fan, and really thought the Thunder got outplayed on every aspect of the game. I believe the Patriots and Coach Nelson are the team to beat. The thunder have dropped 4 out of 5 but are still in the hunt, since 3 of them were non-conference. The patriots are up in Northwood in 2 weeks. We'll see if any changes have been made to counter the strong pressure that the Patriots brings to the floor
thundercrew

Postby 22 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:15 pm

Velva has a good looking basketball team this year they have very good depth going about 10 deep on the bench they have alot of guys that can play good minutes and that can score points they host Rugby on Thursday night  if they win they could go 3-0 in district play they have a very tough region but it could be there year

Postby ishouldawentPRO » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:22 am

Richland knocks Hankinson out of the undefeated ranks on Saturday, by beating them at home 81-71
ishouldawentPRO

Return to Boys