Private Schools Shouldn't be Class B!

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ming01 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:03 pm

I say this topic should be ended, this topic is basically an excuse and is also trying to take a shot at these schools because Trinity and/or Ryan have been successful at the Class B level especially Trinity.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby RazorsEdge » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:19 pm

Years back Shanley had an article in the Fort Francis Ontario paper looking for hockey players.
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:52 pm

RazorsEdge wrote:Years back Shanley had an article in the Fort Francis Ontario paper looking for hockey players.

if thats not recruiting.....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby shs01240 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:03 am

i wasnt aware of that. i can guarantee that any hockey players that responded to that publication had to pay full tuition though
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:07 am

shs01240 wrote:i wasnt aware of that. i can guarantee that any hockey players that responded to that publication had to pay full tuition though

noone said they handed out scholarships.  but isnt recruiting basically defined as going out of ones way to get another person to come to your place???  putting an add in the paper i woudl say is out of the way.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ping Pong » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:12 pm

ok not that an add in tha paper is good, but i dont think that wuld define recruiting. wuldnt u have have 2 give them something 4 it 2b a recruit?
Ping Pong

Postby Ping Pong » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:52 am

Ming01 wrote:I say this topic should be ended, this topic is basically an excuse and is also trying to take a shot at these schools because Trinity and/or Ryan have been successful at the Class B level especially Trinity.

exactly.
Ping Pong

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:47 am

Ping Pong wrote:ok not that an add in tha paper is good, but i dont think that wuld define recruiting. wuldnt u have have 2 give them something 4 it 2b a recruit?

technically not recruiting probably not but how many school will put a want ad in the paper for a basketball/football/hockey player??  its just not right
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ping Pong » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:11 pm

ya i know. i have never seen an ad for a hs athelete. but if i did it would not be recruiting.
Ping Pong

Postby shs01240 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:53 pm

Shanley was in the process of resurrecting a hockey program that had been missing for over 15 year.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:08 pm

shs01240 wrote:Shanley was in the process of resurrecting a hockey program that had been missing for over 15 year.

talk to the kids in the school.....try and convince them
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby shs01240 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:10 pm

Im not sure i know what you mean...Its not much of a program but all the kids realize they probably wouldn't get a chance to play varsity hockey anywhere else.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby coca cola » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:52 am

[font=georgia]is this topic going anywhere[/font]
coca cola
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:24 pm

THis thread will go ON and ON and ON and ON and ON.... for as long as this website is here and there are private schools. Or until it gets way outta control and it is locked and somebody starts the whole thing over again.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:53 pm

Here's a thought...and this is not coming from a private school kid.

It is getting really old seeing all this crap on here. Whether it be "Private schools shouldn't be Class B" or "Trinity recruits", it is just getting really old. We all know trinity does not recruit. They just put alot of time into building a top notch program, so don't hate them for that. Trinity is just smart enough to put in the work to be as good as they are. Maybe it's because they aren't the ones wasting all their time on here complaining about nothing. This is just really stupid. Nobody has legitimate proof of trinity recruiting or how private schools shouldn't be Class B. I would like to see come up with an actual reason for hating teams like Dickinson Trinity. And nobody can say it's because they recruit, because that is not true. Everyone just hates them because they win. So what? Who cares? Maybe you should spend a little less time on here complaining and a little more time in the weight room and the gym making yourself better. Nobody gets anywhere by just complaining without doing a darn thing about it.

So, with that said, my thought is...STOP HATING ON PRIVATE SCHOOLS JUST BECAUSE THEY BEAT YOU. That should be motivation for you to improve and make you want to beat them like they always beat you. So keep all this crap about private schools and recruiting off of here. Stop wasting your time.
project-pat

Postby Mauer07 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:34 pm

project-pat wrote:Here's a thought...and this is not coming from a private school kid.

It is getting really old seeing all this crap on here. Whether it be "Private schools shouldn't be Class B" or "Trinity recruits", it is just getting really old. We all know trinity does not recruit. They just put alot of time into building a top notch program, so don't hate them for that. Trinity is just smart enough to put in the work to be as good as they are. Maybe it's because they aren't the ones wasting all their time on here complaining about nothing. This is just really stupid. Nobody has legitimate proof of trinity recruiting or how private schools shouldn't be Class B. I would like to see come up with an actual reason for hating teams like Dickinson Trinity. And nobody can say it's because they recruit, because that is not true. Everyone just hates them because they win. So what? Who cares? Maybe you should spend a little less time on here complaining and a little more time in the weight room and the gym making yourself better. Nobody gets anywhere by just complaining without doing a darn thing about it.

So, with that said, my thought is...STOP HATING ON PRIVATE SCHOOLS JUST BECAUSE THEY BEAT YOU. That should be motivation for you to improve and make you want to beat them like they always beat you. So keep all this crap about private schools and recruiting off of here. Stop wasting your time.

you just took the words right out of my mouth I wish more people would realize this
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thundastruck. » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:48 pm

nativegolfer wrote:Simple Solution:  If your school is in a Class A town, then you are a Class A school. 

i agree, get the privates out of B, they are ruining it
thundastruck.

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:51 pm

Explain to me how they are ruining it?
project-pat

Postby smart source » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:27 am

this is dumb could u imagine bishop ryan in class A they would get dominated in every sport even st. mary's would kill them
smart source

Postby Weezy Baby » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:50 am

project-pat wrote:Here's a thought...and this is not coming from a private school kid.

THANK YOU!
Weezy Baby

Postby cityleaguer » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:33 pm

the funny thing is that every person from Dickinson agreeing to stop this topic has either B basketball or AA football as their interestes, so obviously they are Trinity kids and/or fans...

I feel that the private school kids do not recruit but have a distinct advantage, but only in the fact that you can have a tremendous athlete in a city like Dickinson, which has more kids to choose from to begin with, and if they should so choose, they could go to Trinity.....

that's not all, this is nothing big, however, The kids that do live in towns such as Dickinson and go to a private school have the luxury of being friends with the public school athletes and playing whatever sport with them in their free time....whether this be a pickup football game (which isn't a very good example) or meeting up at the WEST RIVER COMMUNITY CENTER (which IS a VERY good example)

my main point is private schools are in larger cities and have access to better facilities for training year round.  It's not easy for a farm kid in Scranton to drive anywhere and hope to work on his/her game. That being said, the numbers are just not there to put them in a higher division, it's just that they have an advantage, but not enough to place them with the likes of Minot High or Bismarck High....WHEW!:blahblah: sorry
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:34 pm

cityleaguer wrote:the funny thing is that every person from Dickinson agreeing to stop this topic has either B basketball or AA football as their interestes, so obviously they are Trinity kids and/or fans...

I feel that the private school kids do not recruit but have a distinct advantage, but only in the fact that you can have a tremendous athlete in a city like Dickinson, which has more kids to choose from to begin with, and if they should so choose, they could go to Trinity.....

that's not all, this is nothing big, however, The kids that do live in towns such as Dickinson and go to a private school have the luxury of being friends with the public school athletes and playing whatever sport with them in their free time....whether this be a pickup football game (which isn't a very good example) or meeting up at the WEST RIVER COMMUNITY CENTER (which IS a VERY good example)

my main point is private schools are in larger cities and have access to better facilities for training year round.  It's not easy for a farm kid in Scranton to drive anywhere and hope to work on his/her game. That being said, the numbers are just not there to put them in a higher division, it's just that they have an advantage, but not enough to place them with the likes of Minot High or Bismarck High....WHEW!:blahblah: sorry
yes
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:45 pm

I should be one of the people that hates trinity the most, and I'm not the one saying they should be class A. So, it's more people than just trinity kids that are saying this.
project-pat

Postby cityleaguer » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:50 pm

project-pat wrote:I should be one of the people that hates trinity the most, and I'm not the one saying they should be class A. So, it's more people than just trinity kids that are saying this.

i know that Pat, but I was just saying that most people who are getting upset with this thread, with exception to some (U included) are obviously Titans of some sorts, haha.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballcrasher » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:32 pm

cityleaguer wrote:the funny thing is that every person from Dickinson agreeing to stop this topic has either B basketball or AA football as their interestes, so obviously they are Trinity kids and/or fans...

I guess I'm confused.... are you saying that Trinity kids are better at football because they can play a pickup football game with Dickinson High kids? Really? Last time I checked Trinity has been to more championship football games in the last 10 years than Dickinson High has. By your logic...you'd think that DHS kids have the best benefit...they get to be friends with Trinity kids and maybe get to play football with them. And you are also saying that there better athletes at Trinity than at Dickinson High?

If you play the numbers game and say, take the last 5 years...you have (for the males)

From Trinity: Landon Smith, Jake, Luke, and Marc Mellmer, Scott and Andy Murphy, Kyle Steffes, Kurt Holinka

From Dickinson High: Thomas Loegering, Troy Ott, Brett Bauer, Brett Holinka, Lucas Moorman, Andrew Brown, Tate Kick, Mitch Kudrna

Looks like a pretty even split...now factor in the enrollment, and pound for pound, looks like Trinity may have more college athletes...my apologies for any I missed....

Everyone benefits from a little friendly competition, Trinity is better because of Dickinson High and Dickinson High is better because of Trinity. I'm still waiting to pay big money to see a little on field, in season competition.
Mediocrity always discriminates excellance.
bballcrasher
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics