New Co-ops?

The Buzz on Class B.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

New Co-ops?

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:36 pm

I think most people have heard about the FSHP split and new coops formed from that. Are there any other teams across the state looking at coop situations or any decisions that have already been made?

I've heard Rolla and Rolette have been discussion the idea. Not sure if any decisions have been made.

I've also heard Drake-Anamoose was discussing options due to low numbers, but not sure what has happened there either.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Re: New Co-ops?

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:02 am

Maple Valley & Hope-Page have combined and looks like they will be called Maple River for VB, BBB & GBB...not sure on other sports. I know past FB coops have to stay for two years because they didn't dissolve them before the deadline (EMV & FSHP)
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:40 pm

Mott Regent and Grant County are combined for Boys Basketball
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:46 am

Dakota Prairie and Lakota have discussed it for the last few years. The rumors I have heard is one side is more interested in it than the other. It won't happen this year but my guess is with the next two or three years you will see them combine but it wouldn't shock me if it is sooner.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:14 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:Dakota Prairie and Lakota have discussed it for the last few years. The rumors I have heard is one side is more interested in it than the other. It won't happen this year but my guess is with the next two or three years you will see them combine but it wouldn't shock me if it is sooner.

Isn't boys basketball the only sport they aren't co-oped? I guess it's possible golf or XC isn't as well.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:01 pm

Looks like boys basketball and golf from what I can see...guess I didn't realize that was all that was left but most of the chatter I have heard about is around boys basketball
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby woodchuck10 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:52 am

Rolla-Rollete (North Prairie) looks to be happening for all sports for next school year. They're voting on new colors: Navy blue and white(penn state), royal blue and orange(floirda gators), black and silver(raiders), black and gold(Purdue), Navy blue and orange (Auburn). Will still be called North Prairie Cougars.
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:23 pm

woodchuck10 wrote:Rolla-Rollete (North Prairie) looks to be happening for all sports for next school year. They're voting on new colors: Navy blue and white(penn state), royal blue and orange(floirda gators), black and silver(raiders), black and gold(Purdue), Navy blue and orange (Auburn). Will still be called North Prairie Cougars.

Go with blue and orange or navy blue and orange. I think there is only one team of each in the state. Sheyenne and Central McClean.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:16 pm

Lakota & Dakota Prairie are cooping for BBB now (once approved at 4/17 meeting); joining all other Nelson County coops - Still in Class B

South Prairie & Max are cooping for BBB now (again once approved) - They will be middle class of 3 class system

Heart River dissolved to Belfield & South Heart for Basketball only to avoid being in Middle Class of 3 class system
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Basketball - Class B