Class B Future Stars

The Buzz on Class B.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Class B Future Stars

Postby ND Basketball Fan » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:25 pm

Checking to see who might be the future Class B Stars in the State ? Kids that may not be playing Varsity now but will have an impact in 2022 and 2023. What does the landscape (players) look like for the future of Class B Basketball? There are a lot of young players now that have tremendous talent and helping their respective teams now on the Varsity level. Just curious if anyone has any insight on players that might carry their respective teams in the future. The talent level and games keep getting better - Love it!
ND Basketball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Class B Future Stars

Postby justplayalready » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:53 pm

From what I've personally seen this year, On the boys side: Yale- DLB Leas?? - Rolla
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsmom5 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:30 pm

Girls side:
Zimmer from Kenmare
Passa from Velva
Benno from DLB
Roving for Bishop Ryan.
Sportsmom5
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:47 pm

A few from the Region 2 area. There are talented players coming up and these few stood out on their respective teams.

Thompson - Overby (8th), Starcevic (7th)
HCV - Brandt (8th), Olson (8th)
MPCG - Marshall Judisch (8th)
Hatton Northwood - Carpenter (8th)

There’s also a player from GCC (7th) that was playing JV this year as well as JH. Name is escaping me right now but he’s a good player.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND Basketball Fan » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:42 am

Ellendale - Thorpe 9th
Thompson - Overby 8th
OG Bakkegard & Hatfield 9th
CC Kobbervig 9th
Hillsboro - Olson 8th

These boys should be very good players in a couple of years.
ND Basketball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:40 am

Badding and Henderson (both freshman next year I believe) from Langdon on the girls side will keep that program going for a lot of years.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:57 am

North Star: x3 8th graders saw considerable varsity time last year. Hagler and Simon twins. Hagler was starting point guard and believe he made all tournament team at Ramsey County tournament.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:58 pm

There is a Droog coming up from Grafton that played well as a 7th grader. Looks very fundamentally sound at his age. If he gets height like his older brother he’ll really be tough.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed May 06, 2020 8:21 pm

ND Basketball Fan wrote:Ellendale - Thorpe 9th
Thompson - Overby 8th
OG Bakkegard & Hatfield 9th
CC Kobbervig 9th
Hillsboro - Olson 8th

These boys should be very good players in a couple of years.

More Region 1 info to add
Enderlin - Bartholomay 9th (6' 5" - two years on Varsity already)

Wyndmere-Lidgerwood has a 6' 9" 9th grader who just needs to stay healthy and get stronger.

Lisbon had a slew of 8th graders that played C/JV ball this past year.

No Idea of the name but Kindred had a very good 7th grader this year...athletic with good size and still growing...should be up next year on Varsity ball; safe to say in the game I reffed he very well could have had a triple-double (pts, rebs, & blks).

I'd give Green some consideration also from Oak Grove (9th)...pretty strong, athletic kid if he can stay healthy; Oak Grove also had two quality 8th graders (one being a younger Swenson).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BasketballMind » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:40 am

Calling it now, but the Thompson 8th grade class could have an impact on ND sports similar to the 2018 class. Their 8th grade team is very good right now and their two strongest players aren't playing Junior High games. One starts varsity and one starts JV and gets in some on varsity. Their freshman class is pretty tough as well so that could be a team that hangs banners in multiple sports in the next 4 years.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:07 pm

Pressley Peraza from Kindred. 6"3 and very strong and athletic. He already has two JV game dunks on the year. He can get to the rim on the bounce and shoot the open jumper. Once he understands the game... he will compete at a high level.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND Basketball Fan » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:16 am

maddog1971 wrote:Pressley Peraza from Kindred. 6"3 and very strong and athletic. He already has two JV game dunks on the year. He can get to the rim on the bounce and shoot the open jumper. Once he understands the game... he will compete at a high level.

I agree! He is a good looking player. I like how they move the ball around at the JV and 9th grade level. Lots of young talent on that team. They are going to be the team to beat in Region 1 over the next few years.
ND Basketball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:09 am

maddog1971 wrote:Pressley Peraza from Kindred. 6"3 and very strong and athletic. He already has two JV game dunks on the year. He can get to the rim on the bounce and shoot the open jumper. Once he understands the game... he will compete at a high level.

What grade is this kid?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby BasketballMind » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:15 pm

Flip wrote:

What grade is this kid?

If it's who I'm thinking of he's an 8th grader.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:06 pm

BasketballMind wrote:
Flip wrote:

What grade is this kid?

Yep 8th Grader but he is the youngest kid in his class as well.... He should be a 7th Grader... I believe he is still 13 until the end of next summer.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby urserious » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:57 am

maddog1971 wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:
Flip wrote:

What grade is this kid?

Yep 8th Grader but he is the youngest kid in his class as well.... He should be a 7th Grader... I believe he is still 13 until the end of next summer.

Why didn’t you hold him back ?
urserious
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BasketballMind » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:35 pm

maddog1971 wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:
Flip wrote:

What grade is this kid?

An 8th grader is 13 until the end of NEXT summer? As in Summer 2022? That can't be right.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:01 pm

That truly is impressive at that age. All the North Star freshmen are having a good year. Hagler kid is starting point guard and has had x3 - 2 handed dunks this year.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby senditin » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:22 pm

Deng Deng, 6'4" freshman, FWM. Has thrown down 2 handers and alley oops in games this season. Could start for anyone in the state now. Also, Daelen Leftbear and Wade Nestell, freshman.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:09 am

senditin wrote:Deng Deng, 6'4" freshman, FWM. Has thrown down 2 handers and alley oops in games this season. Could start for anyone in the state now. Also, Daelen Leftbear and Wade Nestell, freshman.

Yes, he would. He would be All-Region or All-District on most.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:51 am

packers21 wrote:
senditin wrote:Deng Deng, 6'4" freshman, FWM. Has thrown down 2 handers and alley oops in games this season. Could start for anyone in the state now. Also, Daelen Leftbear and Wade Nestell, freshman.

Yes, he would. He would be All-Region or All-District on most.

Agree. People will be hearing his name a lot next season going forward.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby justplayalready » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:43 pm

In all seriousness though...R6 had an 8th grader make all region! Walker Braaten from Westhope...when I saw him this year he has the look and flow of a natural scorer.

Carson Haerer - freshman Bottineau. Big reason Bottineau had the nice run through regions. Really tough to defend
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:56 pm

The two 8th graders from Thompson are going to be tough, but there is another Odenbach coming in their 8th grade as well. Better footwork in the paint than your average varsity post. Plays very calm and in control of himself. Finishes well. He’ll be a big part of Thomson’s next 4 year run.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Return to Basketball - Class B