State tournament and coronavirus

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: State tournament and coronavirus

Postby Flip » Mon May 11, 2020 8:59 pm

Sportsrube wrote:
NDPREP wrote:And if we are back to normal and full classrooms, if one kid in the school gets it are they going to cancel activities for 2 weeks? Its almost impossible in the smaller schools that you wouldn't have contact with all the kids at some point.

If someone tests positive, I can see the school being shut down for 2 weeks which would include sports. The travel issue is going to be big for schools and the NDHSAA. It's going to be an interesting fall. (We are being told to make plans for distance learning next fall.)

My counterpoint would be if there is a positive with a Walmart employee they're not going to shut down the store. I don't think 1 case should shut down the school.

I go back and forth between severe pessimism to slightly optimistic about sports. Part of me thinks we'll have this more under control by the fall and we'll have more testing and the other part of me sees no way a sport like football can be played. One scenario that I keep playing out is if a player tests positive for Team A and you have to play Team A next week. I can see parents stepping in and not letting their kid play.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoophoophoop » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:55 pm

New Town tourney still might happen. All teams are on board
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Vikings2009 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:19 am

hoophoophoop wrote:New Town tourney still might happen. All teams are on board

Which teams? All 8 tournament teams?
Vikings2009
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoophoophoop » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:37 am

What i hear they are all on board, trying to lock down date. Assuming not all kids won't make it, but at least its something
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sorenson23 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:26 am

I hope everyone stays safe from this virus, hopefully we have sports in the near future.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:17 am

Anyone have any new information on the New Town tournament?
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:58 am

I don’t see any point of this happening or any reason for it to happen.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:42 am

you are real positive person, thanks for sticking up for the seniors
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:46 am

hoophoophoop wrote:you are real positive person, thanks for sticking up for the seniors

You can be on either side of this “fence” and be sticking up for All the players of ND. I bet you his stance would still be the same even if it was the team he supported.

No event wants to be the source of a major outbreak and I don’t blame any of those organizers for their decisions...these are not normal times.

All I can keep saying is - ‘Stay Safe & Healthy as we Forward’
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:40 pm

Anyone know what's going on for this year at the Boy's & Girl's B? Are they going to allow fans? Can anyone go? When are tickets going on sale?
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:26 pm

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:Anyone know what's going on for this year at the Boy's & Girl's B? Are they going to allow fans? Can anyone go? When are tickets going on sale?

Probably will know more in the coming weeks. It hasn't been fully discussed as of right now (that I've heard); Regions sound like they can go on as normal (maybe more built in time between games).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby muley14 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:28 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:Anyone know what's going on for this year at the Boy's & Girl's B? Are they going to allow fans? Can anyone go? When are tickets going on sale?

Probably will know more in the coming weeks. It hasn't been fully discussed as of right now (that I've heard); Regions sound like they can go on as normal (maybe more built in time between games).

NDHSAA has a meeting tomorrow (Friday). Region and state tournaments are on the agenda. I'm hoping regions go on as normal or close as I expect most are held at venues where 75% capacity (I think that's the green number) would fit all who want to attend. For state I could see boys having some capacity limitations. I haven't been to Minot in a long time, would 75% of the dome fit the girls?
muley14
NDPreps Starter

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:10 pm

muley14 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

NDHSAA has a meeting tomorrow (Friday). Region and state tournaments are on the agenda. I'm hoping regions go on as normal or close as I expect most are held at venues where 75% capacity (I think that's the green number) would fit all who want to attend. For state I could see boys having some capacity limitations. I haven't been to Minot in a long time, would 75% of the dome fit the girls?

Girls Region 1 was announced that it would be at one location (to be determined) so I guess there is a little hope for getting back to normal.

Yes, the Betty is 3300 and the Minot Dome is 10,000. Last year I believe was the first time they sold the Betty out on Championship night but there were still open seats because not everyone sticks around.

I think Bismarck should still be hosting this year since the event was cancelled last year for the boys.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:33 pm

Class A already decided that it'll be a 4 day weekend for State...QF for one gender on Thursday, QF for other gender on Friday, Satruday SF and Titles on Sunday.

Official document is somewhere online
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:40 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Class A already decided that it'll be a 4 day weekend for State...QF for one gender on Thursday, QF for other gender on Friday, Satruday SF and Titles on Sunday.

With no consolation games.

How can they rationalize playing a full tournament for VB at the peak of the pandemic, but they can't play a basketball tournament when we are in the best shape we have been in months, with regards to the pandemic?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:13 pm

Flip wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Class A already decided that it'll be a 4 day weekend for State...QF for one gender on Thursday, QF for other gender on Friday, Satruday SF and Titles on Sunday.

How can they rationalize playing a full tournament for VB at the peak of the pandemic, but they can't play a basketball tournament when we are in the best shape we have been in months, with regards to the pandemic?

Exhibition Hall at Bismarck is not available under Covid Rules is what I was told (don't quote me on that...just what I heard). They only have the Civic court available to them...Not sure why they couldn't use another Bismarck school for those games but I'm sure there are some sort of rules in place to not allow it.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:50 am

Flip wrote:

I'm wondering if the number of fans has something to do with it? I would guess more fans would come to State basketball than State volleyball. Just a guess.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:31 pm

Flip wrote:

This is COVID your talking about, there is no rationalization! :lol:
I'm just happy we live where we live because it's a lot worse in other parts of the country.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys