Mr. Basketball

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mr. Basketball

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:34 am

A good list of candidates out there, my thinking is that we are missing one player from Class B who should have received the recognition of being a Mr. Bball finalist: Gage Swanson from Beach.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Re: Mr. Basketball

Postby Wilbur » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:07 am

Don’t know where to ask this, but are they (or did they and I missed it) going to select an Outstanding Senior Athlete and Coach of the Year for State Class B this year?
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:52 am

Wilbur wrote:Don’t know where to ask this, but are they (or did they and I missed it) going to select an Outstanding Senior Athlete and Coach of the Year for State Class B this year?

One would think if they are still holding out hope to host the tournament (which they are) then they’ll wait until that time.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Wilbur » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:06 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Wilbur wrote:Don’t know where to ask this, but are they (or did they and I missed it) going to select an Outstanding Senior Athlete and Coach of the Year for State Class B this year?

One would think if they are still holding out hope to host the tournament (which they are) then they’ll wait until that time.

Do you truly believe they will try to finish out the tournament? You are way more optimistic than I am, to put it mildly.
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:49 am

Wilbur wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Do you truly believe they will try to finish out the tournament? You are way more optimistic than I am, to put it mildly.

That is what I'm hearing from my source.

Topic Note: Mr. Basketball will be announced on Friday @ 7p (CT)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby NDPREP » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:34 am

Wilbur wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

With the B being the big money maker I think they are going to hold onto it as long as they possibly can, it will be played before any spring sports start for sure.
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:58 pm

NDPREP wrote:
With the B being the big money maker I think they are going to hold onto it as long as they possibly can, it will be played before any spring sports start for sure.

1) I think at earliest the next HS sports are fall sports
2) I don't think they make a lot of money on a B tournament because if they have it they probably don't allow fans
3) why would it have to be played before spring sports?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDPREP » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:34 am

love/support of basketball in this state is religious, it will be played before baseball or track start up. I don't think either will happen but we will see. Even if no fans the TV deals will still make them money if they can't or dont renegotiate it.

No way they let schools play baseball or track and then pull those kids to go play the B. You would be pulling 3/4 rosters from school to shut down their baseball programs for a week or 2. Just don't see it happening
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BelfieldBantams » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:01 am

NDPREP wrote:love/support of basketball in this state is religious, it will be played before baseball or track start up. I don't think either will happen but we will see. Even if no fans the TV deals will still make them money if they can't or dont renegotiate it.

No way they let schools play baseball or track and then pull those kids to go play the B. You would be pulling 3/4 rosters from school to shut down their baseball programs for a week or 2. Just don't see it happening

As far as practice goes, track starts during girls regionals I think. And baseball starts the week of state boys so there's no reason why you can't start up these sports say on a certain Monday and then play the state tournament that weekend. Spring sport competitions start the week after. Baseball is going to be very hard on the arms this year.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

Postby james » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:52 pm

I get that some of you are desperate to play the State B tournament it is a fantastic tourney. But I just can't see it as realistic, the idea that these athletes will be ready in Late May or early June to play is impossible ie conditioning, practice time after a two month break . I don't think spring sports will take place either. It is an extremely sad end to winter sports and a non beginning to our spring sports especially for the seniors.
james
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys