region 1

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: region 1

Postby hoophoophoop » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:08 am

Big game in Kinnerd tonight, Richland did lose one of their kids for a couple weeks, MCL sprain, could make it pretty tuff, should still be a good game, any predictions
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:00 pm

I am going with Kindred in this one. They have learned to win close games and this one is a toss up IMO but Kindred is home so I will take the home team. Kindred has size and they are just as athletic. But Richland has the 3 players that any coach in the state would cut his finger off to have on his team. So you never know.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:44 am

Well that was a really great game. Very physical play. Kids laying on the ground all night long. Kids adjusted to the play and some tough basketball being played. Richland is an impressive TEAM. They move the ball so well and have 3 kids that are a pleasure to watch. Kindred is long and athletic but those guards still hit contested shots over Kindred.
Kindred's size, length and athletes finally won out at the end. Clutch shots and a big Dunk by Keller sealed the game.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:04 pm

Ya that was a good game, two entertaining teams, I'm hoping it will be a rematch in the championship game, Kindred is a tough team too match up with, plus they have depth, Richland was playing two sophomores that havn't been playing much, hopefully they are ready for the stretch run. Should be a fun Region Tourney. Plus Richland missing big guy in middle don't help
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:57 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:I will go with in region 1

1. Richland
2. Central Cass
3. Kindred
4. Enderlin
5. Oak Grove
6. Northern Cass
7. Tri-State
8. Milnor/Gwinner
9. Lisbon
10.W-L
11. Maple Valley
12. Hankinson
13. SC

Updated version IMO

1. Kindred(very balanced, can shoot, can play defense and big)
2. Richland
3. CC
4. OG
5. Enderlin
6. NC
7. Tri-State
8. Milnor/Gwinner
9. MV
10. Hankinson
11. Lisbon
12. W-L
13. SC
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:10 am

Region 1 Games for rest of this week

Thursday, February 6th
RV Kindred 71 @ Oak Grove 54
Milnor-North Sargent 54 @ #4 Richland 65
#7 Enderlin 86 @ Tri-State 70
Northern Cass 73 @ Wyndmere-Lidgerwood 51
Maple Valley 39 @ Lisbon 34

Friday, February 7th
Hankinson @ Central Cass

Kindred (@ MPCG), Milnor-North Sargent (@ E-K-M), Enderlin (vs. Oakes) & Lisbon (vs. South Border) play non-region games

Saturday, February 8th
Oak Grove plays non-region matchup @ Moorhead HS vs. D-G-F (MN) - Kindred lost in OT earlier in season to D-G-F (77-79) - part of the Heart O' Lakes Conference Shootout
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:49 pm

I just saw Enderlin's last 5 games and 4 of their opponents CC in Enderlin, Richland at Richland, OG at Enderlin, Kindred at Kindred..... Wow that is a tough stretch. If you go through that undefeated..... that would be quite the accomplishment... They would get my vote for Region Champs.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:12 pm

maddog1971 wrote:I just saw Enderlin's last 5 games and 4 of their opponents CC in Enderlin, Richland at Richland, OG at Enderlin, Kindred at Kindred..... Wow that is a tough stretch. If you go through that undefeated..... that would be quite the accomplishment... They would get my vote for Region Champs.

:lol: NEVER HAPPEN!!! Time to let the hot air out of that balloon.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby lennylive » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:41 pm

Enderlin Vs Central Cass was a Fantastic game... hands down Enderlin's best performance from all that I have seen...against a very scrappy CC team who has been battling tough with several top caliber teams. Eagles Definitely came to play and Play they did.

CC scored 1st..after that I believe the Eagles lead the whole way ..with exception of a few ties and CC getting the lead by 1pt in the 2nd half.
Refs did a great job IMO..a few missed calls..a few not so good calls..but equal all around.

Gus H is back(only loss they had was to NC without Gus) and I believe that was the key to this win..although the whole team played solid... everyone did their part..not to many turnovers and Great shooting %...
The Road is gonna be tough.. at Richland this Friday... and then away at MNL..home with OG..and the Final game at Kindred. I Think they are Ready...Go Eagles !!
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:47 pm

lennylive wrote:Enderlin Vs Central Cass was a Fantastic game... hands down Enderlin's best performance from all that I have seen...against a very scrappy CC team who has been battling tough with several top caliber teams. Eagles Definitely came to play and Play they did.

CC scored 1st..after that I believe the Eagles lead the whole way ..with exception of a few ties and CC getting the lead by 1pt in the 2nd half.
Refs did a great job IMO..a few missed calls..a few not so good calls..but equal all around.

Gus H is back(only loss they had was to NC without Gus) and I believe that was the key to this win..although the whole team played solid... everyone did their part..not to many turnovers and Great shooting %...
The Road is gonna be tough.. at Richland this Friday... and then away at MNL..home with OG..and the Final game at Kindred. I Think they are Ready...Go Eagles !!

Gus played against NC, Enderlin was at full strength in that loss. Enderlin has the talent to play with anyone in the state.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lennylive » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:58 pm

packers21 wrote:
lennylive wrote:Enderlin Vs Central Cass was a Fantastic game... hands down Enderlin's best performance from all that I have seen...against a very scrappy CC team who has been battling tough with several top caliber teams. Eagles Definitely came to play and Play they did.

Gus played against NC, Enderlin was at full strength in that loss. Enderlin has the talent to play with anyone in the state.

I stand corrected... your right... I forgot he went out against MV the game after the NC game....the 1 home game I did not get to go to...Thanks for the correction....Ive watched several teams on BEK and WDAYX..Watched the CC vs HCV on youtube… Watched HCV vs Richland... A lot of Great teams out there...I Agree..if Enderlin Plays like they did last night... They Can Compete well against any team out there
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:54 pm

Anybody at the Oakes and Richland game? Was really surprised to see Oakes winning by a 15 point margin
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:35 pm

Oakes came to play, Richland relied on the three too much, dug them self a hole and couldn't get out. Give all the credit to the Oakes players, they have some nice athletes. Richland just needs to get healthy, maybe a wake up call for them, need to play well tonight!!!
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:18 pm

Yes.. tonight will be a good test for both teams.
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:25 pm

One down with 3 to go for Enderlin. Sounds like Richland is prime to get beat tonight as well. I can not believe they lost to Oaks.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:04 pm

Tough stretch for Richland...game on Tuesday, game on Thursday, game on Friday, game on Saturday; figured they were going to falter in one of them. Honestly, the non-region loss to Oakes is one you can live with...probably looked past them a bit towards tonight’s matchup
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby leroybla » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:40 pm

Central Cass 60,Northern Cass 50 in CASSELTON.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:53 pm

Enderlin 68
Richland 62

Richland led 39-23 at the half
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby lennylive » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:55 pm

WHAT A GAME !!!

Eagles down by 16 at half...and at 1 time down by 18.comeback and Win it by 6...in Richland ..

That was an Impressive comeback...Defense turned it on and That was the Difference.

GO E A G L E S !!!
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:09 am

What a game tonight in Richland. If you weren't there you really missed out on 2 really talented teams leaving everything they had on the floor. If I was a betting man I would have bet at halftime the game was headed Richlands way in a big blowout way. But hats of to Enderlin on a young team that played their hearts out and made the comeback with the odds against them. Really looking forward to the next month of basketball!
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vikes87 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:31 am

Still think the Richland team is the most talented but great win by Enderlin. Richland needs to stop relying on the three and attack with their guards. Great regional finales coming!
vikes87
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:28 am

REGION 1 - Through February 14th
Kindred 10-0
Enderlin 8-1
Richland 8-2
Northern Cass 7-2
Oak Grove 7-3
Central Cass 6-3
Maple Valley 5-4
Tri-State 4-6
Milnor-North Sargent 3-6
Hankinson 2-8
Lisbon 2-8
Wyndmere-Lidgerwood 1-10
Sargent Central 0-10

REMAINING REGION SCHEDULE
Tuesday, February 18th
Enderlin @ Milnor-North Sargent
Central Cass @ Maple Valley

Friday, February 21st
Kindred @ Hankinson
Oak Grove @ Enderlin
Richland @ Northern Cass
Maple Valley @ Tri-State
Wyndmere-Lidgerwood @ Lisbon

Saturday, February 22nd
Central Cass vs. Milnor-North Sargent @ NDSCS Bonanza
Northern Cass vs. Sargent Central @ NDSCS Bonanza

Thursday, February 27th
Enderlin @ Kindred
Northern Cass @ Oak Grove
Sargent Central @ Central Cass
Maple Valley @ Richland
Hankinson @ Milnor-North Sargent
Lisbon @ Tri-State
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:47 am

vikes87 wrote:Still think the Richland team is the most talented but great win by Enderlin. Richland needs to stop relying on the three and attack with their guards. Great regional finales coming!

I am not sure Richland is far and away more talented. Cole Myers is by far the best player in the region. Lingen and Reiland following close behind. But last night it seemed like once the second half came around and Enderlin made some changes at half to try and stop him Richland really started to struggle.
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lennylive » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:38 am

wnrwnrckndnr wrote:
vikes87 wrote:Still think the Richland team is the most talented but great win by Enderlin. Richland needs to stop relying on the three and attack with their guards. Great regional finales coming!

I am not sure Richland is far and away more talented. Cole Myers is by far the best player in the region. Lingen and Reiland following close behind. But last night it seemed like once the second half came around and Enderlin made some changes at half to try and stop him Richland really started to struggle.

I agree...Myers was scoring at will it seemed in the 1st half.... 2nd half the freshman Carson B was put on him and that made a huge difference...Enderlins Defense the 2nd half was superb.. Colts high post screens wasn't working as Enderlin followed through on it.
Last 2 games Enderlins scoring has been balanced... all 5 starters in double figures in the CC game..and I would bet it was the same last night if not close with the bench doing their part.
They showed very good composure in both games and that is what you need to be a competitive winning team.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby imjustafan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:49 am

I still have my PA sheet: Lemna 18; G Hurlburt 4; Dixon 14; Bartholomay 9 and J Hurlburt 23.

Myers 29; Reiland 15 and Lingen 11. Didn't note Evanson and Anderson. Not sure why. Probably got interrupted. :)

Don
imjustafan
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys