2019 General Discussion

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2019 General Discussion

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:19 pm

vikingman wrote:why is the girls Class B javelin qualifying distance higher than the class A? In all other events that have different qualifying marks, Class A is higher than class B.

It’s been that way for YEARS! It should just be the same mark (110’) IMHO.

No one understands why B is higher than A (in either Class...I’ve heard Class A girls state at meets this year that “there is no difference between your girls and our girls”. The excuse given a few years ago is that ‘farm girls throw further’ which is a load of cr*p; doesn’t matter where you come from...it’s about form, technique and strength...not farm & urban
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby vikingman » Tue May 07, 2019 5:01 pm

'farm girls throw further'

If that were a valid reason, then shot and discus should also be different, and for boys as well.

on the other hand, I see there are quite a few more Class B girls that are above 110 than class A girls.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby bingobangobongo » Thu May 09, 2019 12:34 pm

WDA_fan wrote:Links to all the current ranking for each class are here;

https://sites.google.com/bismarckschools.org/bpstrackfieldxc/home/nd-performance-list

The state qualifying marks are listed within the results so obviously everyone with a faster time/better distance would qualify.

Thank you for this link! I must have spent an hour looking at some of the historical stuff. My employer doesn't thank you for me using company time to enlighten myself on ND T&F history. :lol:
bingobangobongo
NDPreps Starter

Postby MoSiouxFan » Fri May 10, 2019 12:02 am

Where can you find a list of state qualifiers to date in each event like used to be published on this website?
Last edited by MoSiouxFan on Sat May 11, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:18 am

MoSiouxFan wrote:Where can you find a list of state qualifiers to date in each event like used to be published on this website?

Thanks.

Athletic.net which is where the link above will take you to. Seemed redundant to waste the time to list here when Athletic.net is the place where the results are supposed to be.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby vikingman » Sat May 11, 2019 12:29 pm

Video from the Central Cass meet (May 10) is on the 'Central Cass Spring Sports' Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdp7beseIguysrH04Yh8F6g

Mostly track events, with an emphasis on CC. Seven separate videos, sorted by event-type.

cut me some slack on the video--I had to hold the tripod in the air (on a windy day), and it was so bright out that I often couldn't tell what was in my view-finder--so there are times when I'm zoomed in on empty track.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:41 pm

vikingman wrote:Video from the Central Cass meet (May 10) is on the 'Central Cass Spring Sports' Youtube channel

Mostly track events, with an emphasis on CC. Seven separate videos, sorted by event-type.

cut me some slack on the video--I had to hold the tripod in the air (on a windy day), and it was so bright out that I often couldn't tell what was in my view-finder--so there are times when I'm zoomed in on empty track.

Thanks for doing that...I was just able to get exact splits for our relays because of the video. It was VERY windy!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby MoSiouxFan » Sat May 11, 2019 11:25 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
MoSiouxFan wrote:Where can you find a list of state qualifiers to date in each event like used to be published on this website?

Thanks.

Athletic.net which is where the link above will take you to. Seemed redundant to waste the time to list here when Athletic.net is the place where the results are supposed to be.

Ok. Thanks.
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BelfieldBantams » Sun May 12, 2019 9:58 pm

vikingman wrote:Video from the Central Cass meet (May 10) is on the 'Central Cass Spring Sports' Youtube channel

Any chance you are going to do this again at regionals? My kid is going to run his strongest event before I can get there that day, so I'm curious.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Mon May 13, 2019 8:35 am

MoSiouxFan wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Thanks.

Ok. Thanks.

My issue is with Athletic.net, without a paid account, you can only see the top 5 in each event. You can't see the entire list of qualifiers :(
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby theman » Mon May 13, 2019 9:15 am

BelfieldBantams wrote:

Any chance you are going to do this again at regionals? My kid is going to run his strongest event before I can get there that day, so I'm curious.

I wonder if there are rules against videoing at regions?
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Mon May 13, 2019 10:21 am

Baller wrote:My issue is with Athletic.net, without a paid account, you can only see the top 5 in each event. You can't see the entire list of qualifiers :(

non paid account and you can see the top 25
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Mon May 13, 2019 10:36 am

HA! Probably should have created an account.....
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:43 am

theman wrote:
BelfieldBantams wrote:

I wonder if there are rules against videoing at regions?

Major sports there is a fee...I don’t think anyone has ever considered doing track but would guess the state would still slap a fee on it
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby vikingman » Mon May 13, 2019 2:44 pm

I would imagine there would be a fee for a live webcast, but not for after-the-fact video.

In either case, I won't know if I'll be in Casselton on Saturday until Friday.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:36 pm

vikingman wrote:I would imagine there would be a fee for a live webcast, but not for after-the-fact video.

In either case, I won't know if I'll be in Casselton on Saturday until Friday.

Regionals is on Friday for Southeast Regions
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby vikingman » Mon May 20, 2019 8:03 am

where can I find a link to the state records in each event?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Mon May 20, 2019 8:17 am

vikingman wrote:where can I find a link to the state records in each event?

It's one of my pet peeves, but NDHSAA only considers results at the state track meet to be state records.

Here are the all time records.
https://sites.google.com/bismarckschool ... authuser=0
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Mon May 20, 2019 8:59 am

thanks. but where are class B girls results?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:21 am

vikingman wrote:thanks. but where are class B girls results?

List was created by Class A coaches...there is no official Class B list (Boys or Girls)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby vikingman » Mon May 20, 2019 12:19 pm

I would have thought NDHSAA would have had something for this.

I am in no way a track fan. I've certainly heard of Laura Roesler many times, but can't remember ever hearing the name Morgan Milbrath. 2010 must have been a fun year to watch those 2 go head-to-head. Milbrath always finishing behind Roesler, but their times are significantly higher than the third place finisher. Must have been tough for Milbrath to know that were it not for Roesler, SHE would be the #1 'legend' of ND girls track.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wilbur » Tue May 21, 2019 5:22 pm

vikingman wrote:I would have thought NDHSAA would have had something for this.

I am in no way a track fan. I've certainly heard of Laura Roesler many times, but can't remember ever hearing the name Morgan Milbrath. 2010 must have been a fun year to watch those 2 go head-to-head. Milbrath always finishing behind Roesler, but their times are significantly higher than the third place finisher. Must have been tough for Milbrath to know that were it not for Roesler, SHE would be the #1 'legend' of ND girls track.

I remember seeing Milbrath beat Roesler in the 100-meter and 200-meter prelims in 2010 State Track Meet while setting State records in both events. I always felt a little sorry for her, knowing that she was second-fiddle so to speak. In watching her and having the opportunity to be around the athletes at subsequent State meets, I found that she was a very humble person. The kind of athlete that makes you want to cheer for them to succeed. I always looked forward to the time when she was a senior and was finally out of Roesler’s shadow, but she suffered an injury (hamstring, I believe) during that season, and didn’t perform well at State. I felt so bad for her when she ran the 400-meter (she was in the finals but finished 7th or 8th) at state that I actually cried.
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Wed May 22, 2019 12:40 pm

Wilbur wrote:I remember seeing Milbrath beat Roesler in the 100-meter and 200-meter prelims in 2010 State Track Meet while setting State records in both events. I always felt a little sorry for her, knowing that she was second-fiddle so to speak. In watching her and having the opportunity to be around the athletes at subsequent State meets, I found that she was a very humble person. The kind of athlete that makes you want to cheer for them to succeed. I always looked forward to the time when she was a senior and was finally out of Roesler’s shadow, but she suffered an injury (hamstring, I believe) during that season, and didn’t perform well at State. I felt so bad for her when she ran the 400-meter (she was in the finals but finished 7th or 8th) at state that I actually cried.

She still won 9 state titles.
2010 - 100 beat Roesler,
2011 - 100, 200, 400, 300h
2012 - 100, 200, 400, 300h

edit: didn't know about the hurdles
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Wed May 22, 2019 2:15 pm

do I have this correct -- in 2010 Milbrath was a Freshman and Roesler was a senior?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby theman » Wed May 22, 2019 3:22 pm

vikingman wrote:do I have this correct -- in 2010 Milbrath was a Freshman and Roesler was a senior?

It's a weird coincidence that you mention this particular meet, because last week I was thinking to myself "what's the best race I've ever witnessed?" and decided to type up a story about it. I have it here:
(shameless self-promotion again)
http://northdakotarunner.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-greatest-race-ive-witnessed-state.html
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Track and Field