2018-19 ALL STATE TEAM

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2018-19 ALL STATE TEAM

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:54 pm

FIRST TEAM
Lauren Ware, Century (Jr.)**
Lilly Keplin, Century (Sr.)
Megan Zander, Mandan (Sr.)
Maggie Manson, WF Sheyenne (Sr.)
Kennedy Harris, Mandan (Sr.)
Reile Payne, Shanley (Jr.)

** = unanimous

SECOND TEAM
Mattea Vetsch, Devils Lake (Sr.)
Jalen Helstad, Williston (Sr.)
Gabby Jung, Dickinson (Sr.)
Taryn Dieterle, Valley City (Sr.)
Jes Mertens, Devils Lake (Jr.)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2018-19 ALL STATE TEAM

Postby Baller » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:13 am

I wonder who left Keplin and Zander off their ballot and how they didn't feel they were worthy of All-State honors. I am baffled that were not also unanimous
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:26 am

Baller wrote:I wonder who left Keplin and Zander off their ballot and how they didn't feel they were worthy of All-State honors. I am baffled that were not also unanimous

Politics pure and simple. There is no way those 2 should have been left off a ballot unless politics are involved.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby go maji » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:15 pm

Manson from Sheyenne was up for Miss Basketball. And she's not on the All-state team?
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:21 pm

go maji wrote:Manson from Sheyenne was up for Miss Basketball. And she's not on the All-state team?

She’s listed above
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby go maji » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:08 pm

Don't know how I missed it. Thank you.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby mygirliesrun » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:31 am

Perhaps not a popular opinion here but I could see Keplin not making the unanimous All-State team due to antics on the court? She doesn't always exude the best character so perhaps that's why she was passed up. Zander was worried about her hair the first game of State... maybe those voting saw that?

If Keplin and Zander were to make the unanimous-selectionteam, Manson should have also.
mygirliesrun
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:08 am

mygirliesrun wrote:Perhaps not a popular opinion here but I could see Keplin not making the unanimous All-State team due to antics on the court? She doesn't always exude the best character so perhaps that's why she was passed up. Zander was worried about her hair the first game of State... maybe those voting saw that?

If Keplin and Zander were to make the unanimous-selectionteam, Manson should have also.

Voted on before State so this absurd reasoning wouldn’t matter anyways. I’m not sure why they weren’t unanimous but it’s actually pretty rare to see 3+ players unanimous in any given year...even when to most it should be clear. Take Class B BBB State All-Tournament team...should have had 2-3 more receive unanimous status but too many personal bias/opinions came into play...sadly, this happens all the time now.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Wildcat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:13 am

mygirliesrun wrote:Perhaps not a popular opinion here but I could see Keplin not making the unanimous All-State team due to antics on the court? She doesn't always exude the best character so perhaps that's why she was passed up. Zander was worried about her hair the first game of State... maybe those voting saw that?

This opinion is not necessary. Nobody cares about someone worried about their hair. Zander is a phenomenal player, as is Keplin. These voters also voted Zander as Miss Basketball. Don't get caught up in the unanimous aspect of this. It's not important. One voter in nearly 20 is biased or not paying attention, and all of a sudden someone's not unanimous. Don't let one person take away the fact that they made first team all state, all the same.

It's important to remember that being "Unanimous" is a distinction applied to the first team. It's not accurate to say they were left off an all-state ballot. They were simply left off the ballot for the first-team. It doesn't mean they weren't part of their second team.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:43 pm

How does Keplin show bad character when she plays? Plays as hard as she can all the time. My friend has a daughter on the Century team so I watched a lot of their games.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls