2018-19 STATE CLASS B GBB TOURNEY

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2018-19 STATE CLASS B GBB TOURNEY

Postby Sniper » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:07 am

1. Kindred
2. Kidder County
3. Thompson
4. Hettinger-Scranton
5. Langdon/Edmore/Munich
6. Trenton
7. Rugby
8. Bismarck
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Big Blue » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:35 pm

The winner of the first game will win the entire tournament in my opinion. I tend to take Kindred, but I think it will be a flip of a coin between them and LEM.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby prairiefox » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:23 pm

Predictions

1. Langdon
2. Rugby
3. Thompson
4. Hettinger
5. Kidder
6. Kindred
7. Trenton
8. Shiloh
prairiefox
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wildcat » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:25 pm

Until there is an adequate facility, the tournament has to be held in one of the big four towns. It can't be Bismarck, because they host WDA and will ALWAYS host WDA. They make a lot of money on it with all the Bismarck schools. I don't envision a scenario anytime soon in which Bismarck will host the B girls tourney.

That leaves Minot, Fargo and Grand Forks for the B girls tournament. It makes sense that they rotate between Minot and another city, which will alway anger someone as they're both long trips for western schools. I'm not sure a better alternative exists than what we have right now.

I'm taking donations on a 10,000 seat arena in McClusky to solve all of these problems. No, not really, but it would solve everyone's problems.

NOTE: About hotels...we'll just put out tents like Fyre Festival. Dress warm and bring a space heater!
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan111 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:08 pm

1. Thompson
2. Rugby
3. Kindred
4. Hettinger-Scranton
5. KC
6. Langdon
7. Trenton
8. Bismarck
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan111 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:48 pm

Kindred probably should’ve gotten a seed. :wink: Glad Duchscherer will be on TV the next 2 nights- best player on both ends of the court today.
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:29 pm

How did Shiloh make it to the state tournament? One point in the first quarter 38-7 at the half. I feel bad for them they must be having the worst shooting game in their lives. I hope they come back and play like they must have played to make it to state. Thompson should have a heavy rotation of non-starters in the second half. Keep your best fresh for tomorrow. And in the earlier game. Why was Kindred shooting with 30 sec on the shot clock up by 14? I'm pretty sure the coach told them to run the shot clock down? I wonder how many colleges have been recruiting Abby Deucherer? 1000 pts + as a freshman Wow. I remember her playing like a senior as a 7th grader when they won state. What is the record for points by any girls player? I think she might beat it easily with the young team they have. The atmosphere seems pretty intense at the Betty considering its just quarterfinal games?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Dakotastater » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:47 pm

madseason wrote:How did Shiloh make it to the state tournament? One point in the first quarter 38-7 at the half. I feel bad for them they must be having the worst shooting game in their lives. I hope they come back and play like they must have played to make it to state. Thompson should have a heavy rotation of non-starters in the second half. Keep your best fresh for tomorrow. And in the earlier game. Why was Kindred shooting with 30 sec on the shot clock up by 14? I'm pretty sure the coach told them to run the shot clock down? I wonder how many colleges have been recruiting Abby Deucherer? 1000 pts + as a freshman Wow. I remember her playing like a senior as a 7th grader when they won state. What is the record for points by any girls player? I think she might beat it easily with the young team they have. The atmosphere seems pretty intense at the Betty considering its just quarterfinal games?

Really no chance for Duchscherer to be the all time leading scorer. She would need to average around 30 points a game for the next 3 years to outscore Nudell, and with the other good players in 9th and 8th grade she won't be asked to carry that big of a scoring load. It's also been said that softball is her best sport and she may be more inclined to get a softball scholarship than basketball.

I will make a prediction that she will set an unbreakable record of being on the State B All tournament team 6 times, assuming no injury or weird thing happening, Kindred probably makes state the next three years.
Dakotastater
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:43 pm

Wow. Never realized the record was that high. Did Nudell start as a 7th grader or was she just the one that had to shoot the ball every time? Good to hear Duchscherer is more than a one sport athelete. I've found that multiple sports athletes tend to do better in the long run IMO.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:34 pm

madseason wrote:Wow. Never realized the record was that high. Did Nudell start as a 7th grader or was she just the one that had to shoot the ball every time? Good to hear Duchscherer is more than a one sport athelete. I've found that multiple sports athletes tend to do better in the long run IMO.

Nudell scored A LOT during her HS career at Maple Valley; she was a modest scorer as an 8th grader.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby senditin » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:56 pm

Flip wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:Curious why did Langdon need an Edmore co-op more than Lakota?

I don't have any inside information, but logic tells me Edmore wanted out of the Lakota co-op. Landgon gladly took them.

Lakota need girls. I think they had 1 girl play in JH.

Basically, there wasnt enough talent at Lakota for the Ronnigen/ Freijie parents so they broke the coop. Then they hired Scheer, who happened to have a talented daughter. Its all about "my kid winning at all costs." Karma is a B. Also, not hard to see Ronnigen fouling out at state. She's allowed to get away with alot in R4.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:15 pm

senditin wrote:
Flip wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:Curious why did Langdon need an Edmore co-op more than Lakota?

I don't have any inside information, but logic tells me Edmore wanted out of the Lakota co-op. Landgon gladly took them.

Lakota need girls. I think they had 1 girl play in JH.

Basically, there wasnt enough talent at Lakota for the Ronnigen/ Freijie parents so they broke the coop. Then they hired Scheer, who happened to have a talented daughter. Its all about "my kid winning at all costs." Karma is a B. Also, not hard to see Ronnigen fouling out at state. She's allowed to get away with alot in R4.

Someone’s not over a region championship loss
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby madseason » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:26 pm

Rugby is the first team with Seniors. They know this is the last time they will play. And IT SHOWS!
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classB4ever » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:51 pm

Do not care who wins. But the intentional foul called on Trenton was the worst call I have ever witnessed in 45 years of watching basketball. That ref should be ashamed of himself. Foul is fine. Intentional? Good Lord. They had the lead. Embarrassing.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Vikings2009 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:06 am

classB4ever wrote:Do not care who wins. But the intentional foul called on Trenton was the worst call I have ever witnessed in 45 years of watching basketball. That ref should be ashamed of himself. Foul is fine. Intentional? Good Lord. They had the lead. Embarrassing.

I agree!! Trenton had the game won!! That’s too bad!!
Vikings2009
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan111 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:55 am

sportsfan111 wrote:1. Thompson
2. Rugby
3. Kindred
4. Hettinger-Scranton
5. KC
6. Langdon
7. Trenton
8. Bismarck

Fun day of hoops. Kindred and Rugby came to play.
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:13 am

Rugby wins State. The Seniors realize this is our last chance? And they Take IT!?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:23 am

classB4ever wrote:Do not care who wins. But the intentional foul called on Trenton was the worst call I have ever witnessed in 45 years of watching basketball. That ref should be ashamed of himself. Foul is fine. Intentional? Good Lord. They had the lead. Embarrassing.

I'd love to see that again. I won't say the official's name because that's what he wants. He's always been a hot shot, always try to get people to look at him.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby madseason » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:27 am

I think you care. If it was the worst call ever?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:27 am

madseason wrote:Rugby wins State. The Seniors realize this is our last chance? And they Take IT!?

If they get into the championship I think they need Thompson to win. I think Kindred will force them into a ton of turnovers.

Rugby looked good in the first half, but that second half wasn't great. I'm still trying to figure out how good KC is. Rugby just seemed a lot stronger than KC.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby madseason » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:42 am

I think part is not being scared of being in the Tournament. I'm just saying seniors aren't as scared in pressure situations or give a crap. They are going out without a care. Win or lose Last chance.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:51 am

I want Rugby to win because they have worked longer for it. 4 senior starters. Worked their bunns off and didn't get cut by a super freshman?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MTfan4life » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:23 am

I've seen a very similar call, but in a tie game of the semifinals at State with 1 second to play. That was at the Montana State B (also girls) about 13 years ago. So, this was just the second worst intentional foul call I've seen. It makes me wonder if it was one of those situations where the ref could hear the coach yelling "Foul Foul" and he took it upon himself to deem anything as an intentional foul. I'm convinced that if that exact play had happened at any other point in the game, especially in the first three quarters, it would have never been called an intentional. That's just my two cents, though.

Trenton has zero seniors on the roster, though, so you would think they'd have a good shot at getting back next season. Coach Turcotte had a very classy response to the situation
“Like I told the girls, if this is the worst thing that’s ever happened to them, they’ve had a pretty good life.”

That was tough to hear about the Hettinger/Scranton senior who hurt her knee just two days before state. Was she a pretty key cog on the team?
MTfan4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:34 am

I must have missed that. All I know is I would say every one of these teams has a great shot at coming back next year. Except for Rugby with 4 seniors? Every team is loaded for the next couple of years. Get used to these teams in the State tournament and don't cry about it.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:50 am

Article C of the intentional foul rule:

Contact that is not a legitimate attempt to play the ball or the player specifically designed to stop the clock or keep it from starting.

Whether you agree or not, it wasn’t a legitimate play on the ball, therefore should be called an intentional foul. I don’t care how much time is left. If it’s a foul in the first quarter it needs to be one in the fourth.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Girls