Great Sportscaster

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Great Sportscaster

Postby ReadyToPlay » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:19 pm

Forgive if I spell his name wrong, but Dom Izzo, the local broadcaster, really does a good job with his enthusiasm, energetic, and knowledgeable approach to the game, IMO. He will be bring the same excitement to a 4th quarter blowout as he did in the 1st quarter. I seldom watch hockey on tv but Dom kept me interested last Saturday night to the point where crossing the blue line was like scoring a goal! Looking forward to this years bb tournaments on tv when I can not physically be there...I was a little young at the time, but I remember a similar broadcaster, Jim Adelson, with his vintage quote " 2 rolls and no coffee". It is a tough job with all of the stats, ins and outs of commercials, personal bios, quick wits, and long 4 game sets at times, these and along with some excellent radio broadcasters, are not taken for granted as they make the games a big event--win or lose!
ReadyToPlay
NDPreps Starter

Re: Great Sportscaster

Postby leroybla » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:41 pm

agree ^^^
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby leroybla » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:44 pm

Also Brad Anderson from 103.9 FM
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sorenson23 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:46 pm

I would say Scott Woodmansee and Dom Izzo.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NodakQ2 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:13 pm

Dom does a great job with State, but my favorite guy to listen to is KZZY’s Mark Beighley out of Devils Lake.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:53 pm

Brad Anderson is for sure the current favorite...all time favorite is the great Bruce Dougherty!
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Thundersnow » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:58 am

I really like Dan and Craig Keating out of Mayville. They're both very knowledgeable and have a lot of experience. I appreciate they do all 12 games of both State B tournaments. They are definitely my go-to when State comes around.
Thundersnow
NDPreps Starter

Postby Fletcher » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:06 am

Thundersnow wrote:I really like Dan and Craig Keating out of Mayville. They're both very knowledgeable and have a lot of experience. I appreciate they do all 12 games of both State B tournaments. They are definitely my go-to when State comes around.

Agreed on the Keatings. They do a wonderful job in all sports they cover for the region and if you look at the shear volume of games they cover, they are tireless. Love the work they do!
Fletcher
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Big Blue » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:04 am

Tip of the cap to the Keating boys from Big Blue.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:23 am

NodakQ2 wrote:Dom does a great job with State, but my favorite guy to listen to is KZZY’s Mark Beighley out of Devils Lake.

Beighley is a great sportscaster, but his real talent/passion is Tradio.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby Jeff Baranick » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:35 am

All of the sportscasters mentioned in the previous posts are deserving of the accolades that come their way! I've had the privilege of conversing with several of them at tournaments in recent years--in particular Brad A, Mark B, Dan K, & Scott W--and it's obvious they have a love for what they do and aren't just manufacturing enthusiasm for one of their broadcasts! Additionally, those four are really down-to-earth guys that are very personable plus very professional in carrying out their broadcast duties. I admire Dom Izzo's work, too, and find him genuinely enthusiastic and articulate on-air and extremely knowledgeable about the events he's covering regardless of the sport.
Jeff Baranick
NDPreps Reserve

Postby james » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:33 pm

The rocket man Rod Kleinjan from KDIX is legendary. Has covered southwest ND since the mid 70's. He does an amazing job covering all sports.
james
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Region2FootballFan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:56 pm

Jake Kulland and Ryan Bachman from Langdon do an excellent job for cardinal sports and blades hockey. Not only do they just do Langdon athletics they also go to local towns and do their games! They are both very valuable in the NE region for sports.
Region2FootballFan
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys