region 1 thread

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: region 1 thread

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:06 pm

I actually thought Richland could have shot a little better,and they can shoot better than have been, close to running on all cylinders
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:20 pm

Well everyone can shoot better but they were taking contested jumpers with defense with a hand up and they drilled them. That is good shooting to me. Anybody can shoot good when nobody is guarding them.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby lennylive » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:37 pm

Eagles get a tough lose by 1 pt at home tonight to a very balanced LLM team... Eagles missing Starter in Bye(2 more weeks from what I was told)..and lost Yantis late in 3rd with twisted ankle(was icing it and walking on it, didn't look to serious hopefully). Young players are looking good coming off the bench(Parson,Bartholomay,Lemna,Dixon).. If they keep up the pace and fine tune a little more... gaining those 2 key players back will make them very competitive. Got a tough road coming up … TriState..CC, Richland,OG,Kindred and MNS...Hope you finish Strong Eagles!!
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:11 pm

Region 1 Action Today
Hillsboro-Central Valley def. Central Cass 70-59
Richland def. Carrington 59-49
Lisbon def. Ellendale 45-24
Wilmot (SD) def. Sargent Central 62-40
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:12 pm

MNS will upset some teams down the road, they can score
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:14 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:MNS will upset some teams down the road, they can score

Thursday could be an interesting matchup as they get those soft rims ;)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:18 pm

After seeing most teams play.

1. Richland to lose yet
2. Kinnerd
3. CC
4. MNS
5. Enderlin
6. OG
7. Tri-state
8. NC
9. Lisbon
10. MV
11. W-L
12. Hank
13. SC

It will be interesting if Enderlin will fall down to the six seed or not, losing alot of games lately
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:42 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:After seeing most teams play.

1. Richland to lose yet
2. Kinnerd
3. CC
4. MNS
5. Enderlin
6. OG
7. Tri-state
8. NC
9. Lisbon
10. MV
11. W-L
12. Hank
13. SC

It will be interesting if Enderlin will fall down to the six seed or not, losing alot of games lately

Enderlin has been short-handed a lot lately and quite the schedule right now

OG beat MNS
T-S beat Enderlin
NC beat T-S and playing well lately

It’ll be an interesting last few weeks of movement
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:33 pm

Listen to the CC and Enderlin game on the radio. Good game but just sound like to many 3 point shots and turn overs for Enderlin. they are 4-6 in the last 10 games. Young kids can only do so much before experience and muscle take over in the boys game. It is different in the girls game but boys just need to mature.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby lennylive » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:35 pm

maddog1971 wrote:Listen to the CC and Enderlin game on the radio. Good game but just sound like to many 3 point shots and turn overs for Enderlin. they are 4-6 in the last 10 games. Young kids can only do so much before experience and muscle take over in the boys game. It is different in the girls game but boys just need to mature.

JMO..WAAAAAY to many turnovers...averaging around 14 per game, nobody is gonna win doing that..even shooting 45%... went to both LLM and Tri-State game...not enough HANDS UP from the bigs. protecting the ball on Offense not very good..but it is a very young team.(1 senior 1 junior,1 soph, 3 freshman and 1 8th grader as of lately pulling most of the minutes) Bye has been out since BCT..Yantis was out 4th of LLM game and not in Tri-state game. Maybe a good thing for those young boys to get some experience... and I agree not enough muscle. probably gonna be a tough next few weeks for the Eagles, they need a lot of work from what I have seen...especially in the Turnover department. If they can put the TO down to under 10..and keep shooting 40%..they might have a chance..Richland next week in Etown..Gonna be a true test

.But that's JUST MY OPINION....lol
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:34 pm

After seeing everyone in the region play at least once if not twice for a few.... It is Richland's. I see Richland and Kindred in the Final but Kindred's lack of shooting will be the downfall and Richland by 10.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby lennylive » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:24 pm

maddog1971 wrote:After seeing everyone in the region play at least once if not twice for a few.... It is Richland's. I see Richland and Kindred in the Final but Kindred's lack of shooting will be the downfall and Richland by 10.

Im excited more for seeing Richland play tonight than I am Enderlin.(that was hard to say) Before the season started I had hopes for Enderlin to compete... but they are still to young and inexperienced. Unless they can turn things around and play ball consistently(less turnovers,better shot choices,rebounding,etc) ..I dont see them making it past quarterfinals in Regional play.
I hope I am wrong, I hope they can begin to take care of the ball on the offensive side..less turnovers would be key. On a better note..their JV as of last week was undefeated(not sure if they beat CC)...and from what I have seen, they are pretty solid with good ball skills...good bunch of young talented kids coming up...
Good Luck to the Eagles tonight !
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoophoophoop » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:07 pm

Lenny, the Enderlin boys need to grow up a little bit physically and mentally, could have at least three technical s, coach needs to reign them in a little better, I'm guessing they are not use to losing, not handling it very well. Need the Bye kid back for some leadership.
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lennylive » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:57 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:Lenny, the Enderlin boys need to grow up a little bit physically and mentally, could have at least three technical s, coach needs to reign them in a little better, I'm guessing they are not use to losing, not handling it very well. Need the Bye kid back for some leadership.

Couldn't agree with you more...They shot good..44% I believe.. but 24 turnovers against the Colts...Colts only had a 6 point lead at half...Eagles had 9 turnovers 1st half...15 the 2nd half...6 offensive possesions in a row was a TO.. couldn't look down court to the open guy on the press..when they did, they scored. They are young..hopefully they (along with the coach) can figure it out..Even with Bye back I dont see them getting to far in Tourneys...TO are killing them
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby BelfieldBantams » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:49 pm

Right now Cass, Richland, and Kindred all have one region loss with 1-1 records against each other. What is the next tie breaker after head to head?
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:30 pm

lennylive wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:After seeing everyone in the region play at least once if not twice for a few.... It is Richland's. I see Richland and Kindred in the Final but Kindred's lack of shooting will be the downfall and Richland by 10.

Im excited more for seeing Richland play tonight than I am Enderlin.(that was hard to say) Before the season started I had hopes for Enderlin to compete... but they are still to young and inexperienced. Unless they can turn things around and play ball consistently(less turnovers,better shot choices,rebounding,etc) ..I dont see them making it past quarterfinals in Regional play.
I hope I am wrong, I hope they can begin to take care of the ball on the offensive side..less turnovers would be key. On a better note..their JV as of last week was undefeated(not sure if they beat CC)...and from what I have seen, they are pretty solid with good ball skills...good bunch of young talented kids coming up...
Good Luck to the Eagles tonight !

I think we all think that our kids coming up are talented and have potential. I have seen really good play this year by young kids. But they are not ready for the Varsity Level physical play. I have seen put back dunks, traffic dunks, ankle breaking crossovers..... SO yes... the talent is there but it is how the coaches develop and use the talent they will receive. Not every player will fit into a coaches view of the game.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:54 pm

BelfieldBantams wrote:Right now Cass, Richland, and Kindred all have one region loss with 1-1 records against each other. What is the next tie breaker after head to head?

right now Richland would be #1 seed by pt differential, as long as they win and Kindred wins
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND Sports Fan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:19 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:
BelfieldBantams wrote:Right now Cass, Richland, and Kindred all have one region loss with 1-1 records against each other. What is the next tie breaker after head to head?

right now Richland would be #1 seed by pt differential, as long as they win and Kindred wins

I believe if they all three win out, the seeding would be:

#1 Richland
#2 Central Cass
#3 Kindred
ND Sports Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:50 am

So....

Richland and Kindred at 15-2 and CC has 6 losses on the year and they would get the 2 seed? Record does not play into it? It is how bad you beat your opponent?
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:13 am

maddog1971 wrote:So....

Richland and Kindred at 15-2 and CC has 6 losses on the year and they would get the 2 seed? Record does not play into it? It is how bad you beat your opponent?

Region record determines seeding for the region tournament. The original question pertained to the potential 3-way tie coming and how to break it
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:36 pm

I was just wondering why the first tie breaker would be about how bad you beat your opponents. I would think that would be the last tie breaker if not it should be. I hate when these teams run up the score. I say play your game but after awhile take the dogs off and work on other things.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:45 pm

maddog1971 wrote:I was just wondering why the first tie breaker would be about how bad you beat your opponents. I would think that would be the last tie breaker if not it should be. I hate when these teams run up the score. I say play your game but after awhile take the dogs off and work on other things.

The tiebreaker point differential is only based on the games the tied teams played head to head. CC vs Richland, Richland vs. Kindred, Kindred vs. CC. Running up the score would not fall into play in any of those games.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:54 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:I was just wondering why the first tie breaker would be about how bad you beat your opponents. I would think that would be the last tie breaker if not it should be. I hate when these teams run up the score. I say play your game but after awhile take the dogs off and work on other things.

The tiebreaker point differential is only based on the games the tied teams played head to head. CC vs Richland, Richland vs. Kindred, Kindred vs. CC. Running up the score would not fall into play in any of those games.

Most regions also set a maximum for point differential in those games. Usually it's 15, so even if you beat a team by 30 it only would count as a +15 for point differential.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:07 pm

The Schwab wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:

Most regions also set a maximum for point differential in those games. Usually it's 15, so even if you beat a team by 30 it only would count as a +15 for point differential.

It starts with H2H but the three teams are 1-1 vs each other, then it goes to a capped point differential (10 is max**; Football uses same system with 17 as the cap point)

CC def. Richland 72-69
Richland def. Kindred 51-40
Kindred def. CC 54-49

Therefore: Richland is +7, CC is -2 & Kindred is -5.

Richland would earn #1 seed via point differential tiebreak
Kindred would earn #2 seed via H2H victory over CC
Central Cass would earn #3 seed

All three earn 1st Round Byes to Region Tourney

**Edited after confirmation***
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:17 pm

Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. I was just thinking running it up on SC or Tri State just to get a better seed is not something I support.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys