Venting about B Tix this year...

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Venting about B Tix this year...

Postby justplayalready » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:31 pm

...I can't be the only one miffed about the process.

Come On MSU??? What?
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Re: Venting about B Tix this year...

Postby ndsportsfan44 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:18 pm

Yeah what the heck,you couldnt go online until 6 tonight and i cant buy any tickets in any sections but the ends and corners,it gets worse every year trying to get reserved tickets.
ndsportsfan44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:54 pm

ndsportsfan44 wrote:Yeah what the heck,you couldnt go online until 6 tonight and i cant buy any tickets in any sections but the ends and corners,it gets worse every year trying to get reserved tickets.

Aren’t the 8 teams that qualify allotted the side seating usually?? I’ve never had to use online ordering (thank goodness...perks of being media)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby justplayalready » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:52 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ndsportsfan44 wrote:Yeah what the heck,you couldnt go online until 6 tonight and i cant buy any tickets in any sections but the ends and corners,it gets worse every year trying to get reserved tickets.

Aren’t the 8 teams that qualify allotted the side seating usually?? I’ve never had to use online ordering (thank goodness...perks of being media)

Kind of....MSU has 7 sections on a side, with the middle section tickets usually going to ???(Im guessing NDHSAA & VIP related). and in the past there has been a nice scattering of reserved available in these two middle sections for the general public who plan their day around purchasing their B tickets( :mrgreen: maybe me)

The four other main side sections are now each reserved for the regions. They used to split these sections between 2 regions and that would leave more reserved on the ends. There are also 2 small end sections where the reserved seats remain today. There should be a good number of reserved available in the higher portion of the region sections, but for some reason they are being held from online purchasing??? This year was a bit different due to the cold as MSU was closed yesterday. The tickets were advertised going on sale at 11am and this didn't happen. A phone message did advise that you could by tickets reserved walk up noon to 4 and online sales would start at 5 pm...Curious who braved -35 for walk up???? :D..> I do also think that some of these "good" seats will be released for sale, but when???

Bismarck is similar, but they don't have the lower middle section . The ends are larger and these reserved are available to the general public online. The regions get the 8 sections starting at the floor..Also if you call the ticket office you have been able get the higher portion of the region sections as reserved.

Going off topic some but related...

Now why are there less "good" reserved seats being held for general public and the regions get more??? HAs there been a shortage and the need for more the past few years???Aside from beating the same dead horse, LOL... IMHO the predictability of the teams in the B dictate this. We know that the Big B's and the Big Co ops will take a ton of the region tickets as just more people. We also know the once in a generation team will take a ton as everyone goes. The one who takes less would be the privates...As most of those who follow B, at the start of the season we can pick 20 teams and have the final 8 included a high percentage, today we could pick the final 16 at that same high percentage (I don't think 80% is a stretch)...SO I'm asking is the predictability of the B dooming the general public ticket sales for the "good" seats and relegating us to the corner sections??? Another reason why we will never see a 3 class system??? Do we want all the privates to go as in theory there should be more reserved tickets for the general public???
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby justplayalready » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:36 pm

JFC, now I can vent about the $24 a ticket service fee charged by etix...good god

took the first hour to get the site working...guess i shoulda drove my sorry butt to Bismarck
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:41 pm

eTix was very frustrating this year.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby justplayalready » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:27 pm

received an email that a portion of the fee will be refunded...

Looks like its now $11.80 fee for the package.

Thumbs up
really good seats still available!
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:04 pm

So what day do they give the unclaimed tickets back for resale? I would think some teams wouldn't sell all their tickets. I already purchased for this year but was curious if anyone knew.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys