REGION 3

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

REGION 3

Postby NodakQ2 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:40 pm

Well, there hasn't been an '18 Region 3 thread up yet...so here we go. Is it me, or is this region a total toss up? No ranked teams, no real favorite...

I thought EEK had the edge, then Kidder goes and crushes them in the Stutsman Co.

I thought LaMoure was going to be a favorite and they still very well may, but haven't heard much out of them so far. Expect them to be there in the end.

Carrington was the pre-season favorite IMO, but a couple injuries have held them back and until they figure out an offense, they are a non factor. Easily the most athletic team in the region.

Ellendale looks solid and can compete with anyone.

Linton beat LaMoure but hasn't done much else.

I guess at this point in the season, you have to say Kidder has the edge but there's a LOT of season left.

Who's gonna win this Region? There's probably 6 teams capable...
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:38 pm

I agree with everything you posted NodakQ2. I am still giving the nod to EKM when it comes Regional Tourny time. I think EKM's biggest strength is their depth. Most of the teams in Region 3 have very shallow benches and EKM has by far the deepest bench in this Region. I don't know how Region 3 matches up with other Regions, but the top 3 teams in District 5 and 6 are going to be some great match ups.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby heimer » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:46 am

Valley City will make a run.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: REGION 3

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:56 am

heimer wrote:Valley City will make a run.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby CentralCity » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:06 am

Big won tonight for Carrington beating #2 Rugby.. like I said at end of last year, lose some games early but will figure it out by tournaments. Depth hurts them a lot but when Smith and Nelson are on, and the role players do their job, anything can happen.

Lamoure and EKM are both very solid. I expect this years region tournament to be close.
CentralCity
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby Sportsrube » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:04 pm

District 5 is definitely better than District 6 this year (and last year). The only team from District 6 that I see possibly making some noise in the Region Tourny is Kidder County. I see EKM, LaMoure, Carrington and Ellendale as all being better than the #2 - 4 seeds from District 6. Strasburg could be a sleeper, but I don't know if they are there yet.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby oldcolt » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:12 pm

Wondering if anyone has any background on what happen with Napoleon and Kidder County last week. Not that Napoleon can't win that game but interesting to see the wide margin of victory.
oldcolt
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:11 am

Re: REGION 3

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:59 pm

oldcolt wrote:Wondering if anyone has any background on what happen with Napoleon and Kidder County last week. Not that Napoleon can't win that game but interesting to see the wide margin of victory.


All I have heard was that Napoleon's best player played the game of his life on both ends of the floor.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby birthday » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:00 pm

It was a team effort not just 1 player
birthday
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:53 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby And1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:31 am

Whats everyone's predictions and expectations going into the district tournaments? From what I see there is no clear favorite in either tournament. Only a few points separate the top teams. Just want to see more discussion in the region.
And1
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:23 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby NodakQ2 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:14 pm

Still a toss up...There's going to be a decent team not advance on one side. LaMoure, Carrington, EKM, Ellendale and Oakes could all beat each other on a given night. One of them isn't going to advance. I think the only two true competition on the other side is Linton and Kidder.

Truly comes down to who gets hot. There are legitimately 6 contenders in this Region. I'll give the edge to LaMoure or Carrington.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby Wilbur » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:13 am

Heard that Linton-HMB will be without Schumacher the rest of the season. Any chance they had of making noise in the post-season is pretty much over.
Wilbur
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:42 pm

Wilbur wrote:Heard that Linton-HMB will be without Schumacher the rest of the season. Any chance they had of making noise in the post-season is pretty much over.


I heard that too. If true they have no chance of winning the District but should still make it to Regionals. Napoleon has been playing very well lately and could make a deep run like they did last year. I still think that District 6 is Kidder County's to lose. As for the Region, I think LaMoure has to be the favorite, but the District 5 tourny could be a real dog fight and like someone said earlier, one good team is going to be left out of the Regional Tournament. I could see District 5 going #1,2,3 & 4 in the Regional Tournament.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby NodakQ2 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:49 pm

For the life of me, I can't see why the towns in this region can't get on board with a "Super Regional". Districts are a waste of everyone's time, especially in this region this year. You can realistically end up playing a team 4 times in a season in this region.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby And1 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:21 pm

I agree that the region will lose a good team to the district 5 tournament. On the district 6 side of things I agree that it is Kidder County's to lose, but I can see Napoleon getting hot or even Strasburg-Zeeland as they have been playing well recently.
And1
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:23 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby birthday » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:51 pm

NodakQ2 wrote:For the life of me, I can't see why the towns in this region can't get on board with a "Super Regional". Districts are a waste of everyone's time, especially in this region this year. You can realistically end up playing a team 4 times in a season in this region.

I like it because it gives the small towns a chance to host the tournament and get some revenue, instead of giving it all to Jamestown
birthday
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:53 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby NodakQ2 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:48 pm

birthday wrote:
NodakQ2 wrote:For the life of me, I can't see why the towns in this region can't get on board with a "Super Regional". Districts are a waste of everyone's time, especially in this region this year. You can realistically end up playing a team 4 times in a season in this region.

I like it because it gives the small towns a chance to host the tournament and get some revenue, instead of giving it all to Jamestown


I’m confused by this post... Districts and Regionals are already in Jamestown. Come tournament time, things should be at a neutral site, but why play everyone 4 times?
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:41 pm

NodakQ2 wrote:
birthday wrote:
NodakQ2 wrote:For the life of me, I can't see why the towns in this region can't get on board with a "Super Regional". Districts are a waste of everyone's time, especially in this region this year. You can realistically end up playing a team 4 times in a season in this region.

I like it because it gives the small towns a chance to host the tournament and get some revenue, instead of giving it all to Jamestown


I’m confused by this post... Districts and Regionals are already in Jamestown. Come tournament time, things should be at a neutral site, but why play everyone 4 times?


District 6 is at a district host school
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14694
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: REGION 3

Postby birthday » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:52 pm

NodakQ2 wrote:
birthday wrote:
NodakQ2 wrote:For the life of me, I can't see why the towns in this region can't get on board with a "Super Regional". Districts are a waste of everyone's time, especially in this region this year. You can realistically end up playing a team 4 times in a season in this region.

I like it because it gives the small towns a chance to host the tournament and get some revenue, instead of giving it all to Jamestown


I’m confused by this post... Districts and Regionals are already in Jamestown. Come tournament time, things should be at a neutral site, but why play everyone 4 times?

District 6 is in Napoleon this year
Girls district was in Wishek
birthday
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:53 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby NodakQ2 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:06 pm

I’m sorry, I was speaking of District 5...Doesn’t change my opinion that Districts are a waste of everyone’s time though...
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby Flip » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:11 pm

FWIW R3 coach told me they would never go to a super region because teams didn't want to travel to Strasburg. I'm sure there are other reasons too.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3921
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: REGION 3

Postby birthday » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:13 pm

NodakQ2 wrote:I’m sorry, I was speaking of District 5...Doesn’t change my opinion that Districts are a waste of everyone’s time though...

I work at are district tournament, it’s not a waste of my time
birthday
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:53 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby Wilbur » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:52 pm

I think Region 3 should go to a super region format. Teams play each other 3 or 4 times during the season because half the region is in the Stutsman County Tournament plus the post-season. In District 6, the tournament eliminates 2 teams and there is a 99 percent chance you know who those teams will be before the tournament begins.
However, the argument against the super region would be travel for the play-in games. If Strasburg or Linton would play Carrington or Midkota in a play-in, that would be a heck of a hike for one game. Don't know how long the districts will last, but my guess is that Region 3 will be the last to go to super region.
Wilbur
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Re: REGION 3

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:10 am

Wilbur wrote:I think Region 3 should go to a super region format. Teams play each other 3 or 4 times during the season because half the region is in the Stutsman County Tournament plus the post-season. In District 6, the tournament eliminates 2 teams and there is a 99 percent chance you know who those teams will be before the tournament begins.
However, the argument against the super region would be travel for the play-in games. If Strasburg or Linton would play Carrington or Midkota in a play-in, that would be a heck of a hike for one game. Don't know how long the districts will last, but my guess is that Region 3 will be the last to go to super region.


Region 6 will be one of the last with 15 teams (7 in D11 & 8 in D12) & Region 8 has 16 teams (9 in D15 & 7 in D16); these will be the last two regions to likely go to the full region format. Regions 3, 4 & 5 should consider doing it soon; neutral site first round games are a possibility to do instead of home site...Region 1 did that the first year they moved to the 'super region' format...now they do home sites.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14694
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: REGION 3

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:54 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Wilbur wrote:I think Region 3 should go to a super region format. Teams play each other 3 or 4 times during the season because half the region is in the Stutsman County Tournament plus the post-season. In District 6, the tournament eliminates 2 teams and there is a 99 percent chance you know who those teams will be before the tournament begins.
However, the argument against the super region would be travel for the play-in games. If Strasburg or Linton would play Carrington or Midkota in a play-in, that would be a heck of a hike for one game. Don't know how long the districts will last, but my guess is that Region 3 will be the last to go to super region.


Region 6 will be one of the last with 15 teams (7 in D11 & 8 in D12) & Region 8 has 16 teams (9 in D15 & 7 in D16); these will be the last two regions to likely go to the full region format. Regions 3, 4 & 5 should consider doing it soon; neutral site first round games are a possibility to do instead of home site...Region 1 did that the first year they moved to the 'super region' format...now they do home sites.


I've heard that as soon as Region 4 is down to 12 teams they will go to the super region format. Haven't heard of any future coops that might be in the works, tho.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3747
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Next

Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests