2018-19 Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby The Schwab » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:44 am

Region 7 Hoopster Predictions:
1. Dickinson Trinity
2. Beulah
3. Bowman
4. Hazen
5. Glen Ullin-Hebron
6. Beach
7. Hettinger-Scranton
8. New England
9. Mott-Regent
10. Heart River
11. Richardton-Taylor
12. Killdeer

Very similar to my predictions and my belief still is that 3-10 is wide open, actually the whole region is wide open but it's tough to bet against Beulah and Trinity to be at the top.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3689
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby Sniper » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:15 am

The Schwab wrote:Region 7 Hoopster Predictions:
1. Dickinson Trinity
2. Beulah
3. Bowman
4. Hazen
5. Glen Ullin-Hebron
6. Beach
7. Hettinger-Scranton
8. New England
9. Mott-Regent
10. Heart River
11. Richardton-Taylor
12. Killdeer

Very similar to my predictions and my belief still is that 3-10 is wide open, actually the whole region is wide open but it's tough to bet against Beulah and Trinity to be at the top.


I could see Mott-Regent sliding into the top 5.
Sniper
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 am
Location: Bismarck, ND

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby The Schwab » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:32 am

Sniper wrote:
The Schwab wrote:Region 7 Hoopster Predictions:
1. Dickinson Trinity
2. Beulah
3. Bowman
4. Hazen
5. Glen Ullin-Hebron
6. Beach
7. Hettinger-Scranton
8. New England
9. Mott-Regent
10. Heart River
11. Richardton-Taylor
12. Killdeer

Very similar to my predictions and my belief still is that 3-10 is wide open, actually the whole region is wide open but it's tough to bet against Beulah and Trinity to be at the top.


I could see Mott-Regent sliding into the top 5.


I'd agree with you, they have arguably the best player in the region. If their role players can step up they could be pretty solid.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3689
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby Sorenson23 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:08 pm

I know Shiloh Christian is on top of everyone's early predictions for Region 5.

But who are the top 5 teams in region 5 this year.
Sorenson23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby The Schwab » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:31 pm

Hoopster ranks Region 5:

1. Bismarck Shiloh Christian
2. Standing Rock
3. Turtle Lake-Mercer-McClusky
4. Flasher
5. Wilton-Wing
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3689
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby Sniper » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:04 pm

Sorenson23 wrote:I know Shiloh Christian is on top of everyone's early predictions for Region 5.

But who are the top 5 teams in region 5 this year.


I would say Bismarck, Standing Rock, and Turtle Lake-M-M would be the top three heading into the season.
Sniper
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 am
Location: Bismarck, ND

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:03 am

GJF85 wrote:Might as well put my two cents in here: Region 1 only
Don't look to the past, look at the present and the future. (Statement might seem odd to put here, but it's true)
Region 1 Overview
Central Cass Squirrels: approx. 5 seniors on this year's squad, don't know much about them. However last year during a junior varsity game saw a #42 M. Kobbervig, only a freshman, but had good ball handling skills and accurate passes.
Enderlin Eagles: also approx. 5 seniors on this year's squad, including C. Bye, a three-year starter with good ball control and long-range shot maker. Also J. Hurlburt, 6'7" freshman, and his twin G. Hurlburt at 6'4" will be height for the region to contend with. Young team in the making.
Hankinson Pirates: again approx. 5 seniors, but don't know much about Hankinson.
Kindred Vikings: approx. 4 seniors, including T. Duchscherer, also 6'"7 sophomore Keller down in the post. Kindred could make some noise this year.
Lisbon Broncos: approx. 2 seniors, including three-year starter W. Runck, who has good inside presence and mid-range shot making skills. Don't know much else about them.
Maple Valley Raiders: from the looks of it, no seniors on the team this year. Maple Valley is a young team with experience and talent. J. Johnson, a junior this year, has been starting since freshman year, and is becoming more balanced as time goes on. Another upperclassman to mention is junior A. Punton, who will get minutes this year. Expect a good season from the Raiders.
Milnor/North Sargent Bulldogs: entering the fourth year of the co-op, it appears the Bulldogs will have 8 seniors on the team this year, including D. McKeever and J. Martinson. Otherwise, don't know much about them.
Northern Cass Jaguars: looks like Northern Cass will have 5 seniors on the roster this year, including guard W. Elston and big man G. Saville. The Jaguars also bring back second year starting guard J. Crockett, who should be interesting to watch develop. Northern Cass has some good pieces, but can they get the job done?
Oak Grove Grovers: approx. 6 seniors on the Oak Grove squad this year, including big man T. Rodriguez, who provides a challenge in the paint and from mid-range. Other seniors to watch include K. Card and W. Pierce on defense, T. Conmy, who has quick hands, good ball control, and long range shooting. J. Akiri will also factor in some key minutes. And then there is sophomore N. Swenson, who displayed his skills during the second half of the season. You never know with Oak Grove.
Richland Colts: approx. 4 seniors on Richland's team this year, including B. Loomis and T. Dufner, who utilize speed and long range shooting. Two juniors to keep a close eye on are C. Lingen and C. Myers, both balanced athletes. Expect some noise out of Colfax.
Sargent Central Cadets: It appears that approx. 2 seniors will be on Sargent Central's squad this year, T. Banish and N. Kujanson, don't know much about them. Two juniors to watch on the young Cadet team will be L. Wyum, who has decent ball handling skills, and T. Wittich, average balanced. Sargent Central is young, but time will tell.
Tri-State Tigers (Fairmount/Campbell-Tintah/Rosholt): entering the third year of the basketball co-op covering three states, the Tigers appear to have 2 seniors of the team this year, being M. Christianson and N. Koeppe. Both players provide veteran varsity experience to Tri-State. Two juniors to focus on for the Tigers are R. Mendoza and J. Tangen, also with 2-3 years varsity experience. It appears that the third state is the charm, as the Tri-State Tigers will be contenders.
Wyndmere/Lidgerwood Warbirds: entering the ninth year of the co-op, and fresh off a trip to the B, the Warbirds appear to have 3 seniors on the team this year. Honestly do not know much about the team this year, due to the fact there were 10 seniors on the squad last year. But if I were to guess, I believe the Warbirds will be contenders yet again.
Not even going to attempt to order them 1-13, too early to tell.

From another topic of the next Div 1 Player it sounds like Enderlin has a kid that will be going Pro on the team and he is only a Freshmen with some great young talent around him. I would think Enderlin will be the team to dominate this region and the state. Can not wait to watch them this year.
maddog1971
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby packers21 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:33 am

maddog1971 wrote:
GJF85 wrote:Might as well put my two cents in here: Region 1 only
Don't look to the past, look at the present and the future. (Statement might seem odd to put here, but it's true)
Region 1 Overview
Central Cass Squirrels: approx. 5 seniors on this year's squad, don't know much about them. However last year during a junior varsity game saw a #42 M. Kobbervig, only a freshman, but had good ball handling skills and accurate passes.
Enderlin Eagles: also approx. 5 seniors on this year's squad, including C. Bye, a three-year starter with good ball control and long-range shot maker. Also J. Hurlburt, 6'7" freshman, and his twin G. Hurlburt at 6'4" will be height for the region to contend with. Young team in the making.
Hankinson Pirates: again approx. 5 seniors, but don't know much about Hankinson.
Kindred Vikings: approx. 4 seniors, including T. Duchscherer, also 6'"7 sophomore Keller down in the post. Kindred could make some noise this year.
Lisbon Broncos: approx. 2 seniors, including three-year starter W. Runck, who has good inside presence and mid-range shot making skills. Don't know much else about them.
Maple Valley Raiders: from the looks of it, no seniors on the team this year. Maple Valley is a young team with experience and talent. J. Johnson, a junior this year, has been starting since freshman year, and is becoming more balanced as time goes on. Another upperclassman to mention is junior A. Punton, who will get minutes this year. Expect a good season from the Raiders.
Milnor/North Sargent Bulldogs: entering the fourth year of the co-op, it appears the Bulldogs will have 8 seniors on the team this year, including D. McKeever and J. Martinson. Otherwise, don't know much about them.
Northern Cass Jaguars: looks like Northern Cass will have 5 seniors on the roster this year, including guard W. Elston and big man G. Saville. The Jaguars also bring back second year starting guard J. Crockett, who should be interesting to watch develop. Northern Cass has some good pieces, but can they get the job done?
Oak Grove Grovers: approx. 6 seniors on the Oak Grove squad this year, including big man T. Rodriguez, who provides a challenge in the paint and from mid-range. Other seniors to watch include K. Card and W. Pierce on defense, T. Conmy, who has quick hands, good ball control, and long range shooting. J. Akiri will also factor in some key minutes. And then there is sophomore N. Swenson, who displayed his skills during the second half of the season. You never know with Oak Grove.
Richland Colts: approx. 4 seniors on Richland's team this year, including B. Loomis and T. Dufner, who utilize speed and long range shooting. Two juniors to keep a close eye on are C. Lingen and C. Myers, both balanced athletes. Expect some noise out of Colfax.
Sargent Central Cadets: It appears that approx. 2 seniors will be on Sargent Central's squad this year, T. Banish and N. Kujanson, don't know much about them. Two juniors to watch on the young Cadet team will be L. Wyum, who has decent ball handling skills, and T. Wittich, average balanced. Sargent Central is young, but time will tell.
Tri-State Tigers (Fairmount/Campbell-Tintah/Rosholt): entering the third year of the basketball co-op covering three states, the Tigers appear to have 2 seniors of the team this year, being M. Christianson and N. Koeppe. Both players provide veteran varsity experience to Tri-State. Two juniors to focus on for the Tigers are R. Mendoza and J. Tangen, also with 2-3 years varsity experience. It appears that the third state is the charm, as the Tri-State Tigers will be contenders.
Wyndmere/Lidgerwood Warbirds: entering the ninth year of the co-op, and fresh off a trip to the B, the Warbirds appear to have 3 seniors on the team this year. Honestly do not know much about the team this year, due to the fact there were 10 seniors on the squad last year. But if I were to guess, I believe the Warbirds will be contenders yet again.
Not even going to attempt to order them 1-13, too early to tell.

From another topic of the next Div 1 Player it sounds like Enderlin has a kid that will be going Pro on the team and he is only a Freshmen with some great young talent around him. I would think Enderlin will be the team to dominate this region and the state. Can not wait to watch them this year.[/quote

Hopefully ur teacher doesn’t get mad at u for being off task this morning!
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby balla45 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:54 am

maddog1971 wrote:
GJF85 wrote:Might as well put my two cents in here: Region 1 only
Don't look to the past, look at the present and the future. (Statement might seem odd to put here, but it's true)
Region 1 Overview
Central Cass Squirrels: approx. 5 seniors on this year's squad, don't know much about them. However last year during a junior varsity game saw a #42 M. Kobbervig, only a freshman, but had good ball handling skills and accurate passes.
Enderlin Eagles: also approx. 5 seniors on this year's squad, including C. Bye, a three-year starter with good ball control and long-range shot maker. Also J. Hurlburt, 6'7" freshman, and his twin G. Hurlburt at 6'4" will be height for the region to contend with. Young team in the making.
Hankinson Pirates: again approx. 5 seniors, but don't know much about Hankinson.
Kindred Vikings: approx. 4 seniors, including T. Duchscherer, also 6'"7 sophomore Keller down in the post. Kindred could make some noise this year.
Lisbon Broncos: approx. 2 seniors, including three-year starter W. Runck, who has good inside presence and mid-range shot making skills. Don't know much else about them.
Maple Valley Raiders: from the looks of it, no seniors on the team this year. Maple Valley is a young team with experience and talent. J. Johnson, a junior this year, has been starting since freshman year, and is becoming more balanced as time goes on. Another upperclassman to mention is junior A. Punton, who will get minutes this year. Expect a good season from the Raiders.
Milnor/North Sargent Bulldogs: entering the fourth year of the co-op, it appears the Bulldogs will have 8 seniors on the team this year, including D. McKeever and J. Martinson. Otherwise, don't know much about them.
Northern Cass Jaguars: looks like Northern Cass will have 5 seniors on the roster this year, including guard W. Elston and big man G. Saville. The Jaguars also bring back second year starting guard J. Crockett, who should be interesting to watch develop. Northern Cass has some good pieces, but can they get the job done?
Oak Grove Grovers: approx. 6 seniors on the Oak Grove squad this year, including big man T. Rodriguez, who provides a challenge in the paint and from mid-range. Other seniors to watch include K. Card and W. Pierce on defense, T. Conmy, who has quick hands, good ball control, and long range shooting. J. Akiri will also factor in some key minutes. And then there is sophomore N. Swenson, who displayed his skills during the second half of the season. You never know with Oak Grove.
Richland Colts: approx. 4 seniors on Richland's team this year, including B. Loomis and T. Dufner, who utilize speed and long range shooting. Two juniors to keep a close eye on are C. Lingen and C. Myers, both balanced athletes. Expect some noise out of Colfax.
Sargent Central Cadets: It appears that approx. 2 seniors will be on Sargent Central's squad this year, T. Banish and N. Kujanson, don't know much about them. Two juniors to watch on the young Cadet team will be L. Wyum, who has decent ball handling skills, and T. Wittich, average balanced. Sargent Central is young, but time will tell.
Tri-State Tigers (Fairmount/Campbell-Tintah/Rosholt): entering the third year of the basketball co-op covering three states, the Tigers appear to have 2 seniors of the team this year, being M. Christianson and N. Koeppe. Both players provide veteran varsity experience to Tri-State. Two juniors to focus on for the Tigers are R. Mendoza and J. Tangen, also with 2-3 years varsity experience. It appears that the third state is the charm, as the Tri-State Tigers will be contenders.
Wyndmere/Lidgerwood Warbirds: entering the ninth year of the co-op, and fresh off a trip to the B, the Warbirds appear to have 3 seniors on the team this year. Honestly do not know much about the team this year, due to the fact there were 10 seniors on the squad last year. But if I were to guess, I believe the Warbirds will be contenders yet again.
Not even going to attempt to order them 1-13, too early to tell.

From another topic of the next Div 1 Player it sounds like Enderlin has a kid that will be going Pro on the team and he is only a Freshmen with some great young talent around him. I would think Enderlin will be the team to dominate this region and the state. Can not wait to watch them this year.


Basketball is a team game. I think Eikens will be a pro as well. He was not able to lead his team to many wins as an underclassman while in Williston.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4089
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby CentralCity » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:56 am

Region 3

Carrington will have to deal with injuries this year as Rosenau is out for season with knee injury. Will have to see the guards step it up and Nelson will have to take on a HUGE scoring role with Rosenau out. Smith will also have to take on a more prominent role in scoring.

Lamoure is still my favorite for the region. Returning Kramer, Klever, and Ness, they will be a force. Thielges always seems to have a good game plan.

Edgeley returns a lot of kids but will have to find a replacement for Hanson.

Prediction:
1. Lamoure
2. Edgeley
3. Carrington
4. Kidder Co.
CentralCity
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:34 pm

maddog1971 wrote:From another topic of the next Div 1 Player it sounds like Enderlin has a kid that will be going Pro on the team and he is only a Freshmen with some great young talent around him. I would think Enderlin will be the team to dominate this region and the state. Can not wait to watch them this year.

Dufault was 6'9", started 130 games at a P5 school, played professionally, an still never went to a state tournament.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby Magic74 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:28 am

I can't say the Enderlin boys are going to state, but they are talented beyond Joe Hurlburt. By the way he now stands a solid 6-8. His twin brother Gus ia 6-6 and is a great grinder around the basket. In addition to those 2, they have 5 solid seniors who have a great mix of shooting, quickness and great finesse. They also have several younger players who may replace some of those seniors. My guess is that Enderlin could challenge for the region if you took all 5 seniors off the team. It is true, they have a good senior group, but they are deep and very talented. They will be the team to beat in R1 for the next 4 years.
Magic74
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:47 am

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Magic74 wrote:I can't say the Enderlin boys are going to state, but they are talented beyond Joe Hurlburt. By the way he now stands a solid 6-8. His twin brother Gus ia 6-6 and is a great grinder around the basket. In addition to those 2, they have 5 solid seniors who have a great mix of shooting, quickness and great finesse. They also have several younger players who may replace some of those seniors. My guess is that Enderlin could challenge for the region if you took all 5 seniors off the team. It is true, they have a good senior group, but they are deep and very talented. They will be the team to beat in R1 for the next 4 years.


Hoopster had Region 1 Ranked this way:
1. Richland
2. Kindred
3. Enderlin
4. Oak Grove
5. Tri-State
6. Central Cass
7. Northern Cass
8. Milnor-North Sargent
9. Lisbon
10. Hankinson
11. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
12. Maple Valley
13. Sargent Central

My rankings would be:
1. Enderlin
2. Kindred
3. Richland
4. Oak Grove
5. Tri-State
6. Central Cass
7. Northern Cass
8. Milnor-North Sargent
9. Lisbon
10. Hankinson
11. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
12. Sargent Central
13. Maple Valley

I think the top 4 are inter-changeable IMO

Oak Grove may struggle to start the year with tough games, mostly on the road, on the schedule vs. Hawley (MN), Four Winds-Minnewaukan, Hillsboro-Central Valley, Shiloh Christian, Dickinson Trinity & Aberdeen Roncalli (SD) in their first 8 games (and Perham (MN) later in the year) but it will prepare them for the region games.

Region 1 is FULL of height this year with Keller (Kindred), Hurlburts (Enderlin), DeJong, Rodriquez & Swenson (OG), Dixon (CC)...nearly every top team in R1 has a 6'4" or taller player.

Should be a fun 2018-19 season and I'm looking forward to following the games statewide again. Look for schedules & scores at http://www.northdakota-scores.net and standings both here and there.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14697
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby Rivershark » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:14 pm

ReadyToPlay wrote:Re: 2018-19 Predictions
Postby BasketballKid » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:47 am

1- Richland
2- Thompson (I think they will make their first ever state tournament)
3-EKM
4- Langdon
5. Shiloh
7. Beulah
8. Powers Lak

On region 2, I agree.. (3) Thompson--Schwabe, Hughes, & Overby (1) HCV --Henningsgard


Heard Schwabe was out for the season with shoulder surgery. Any truth behind that?
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:48 pm

Rivershark wrote:
ReadyToPlay wrote:Re: 2018-19 Predictions
Postby BasketballKid » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:47 am

1- Richland
2- Thompson (I think they will make their first ever state tournament)
3-EKM
4- Langdon
5. Shiloh
7. Beulah
8. Powers Lak

On region 2, I agree.. (3) Thompson--Schwabe, Hughes, & Overby (1) HCV --Henningsgard


Heard Schwabe was out for the season with shoulder surgery. Any truth behind that?


Collarbone injury during title game of FB...seen with a arm in sling this weekend at Volleyball. Safe bet he is missing significant time (bummer for Schwabe...hate to see injuries)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14697
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby packers21 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:19 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Rivershark wrote:
ReadyToPlay wrote:Re: 2018-19 Predictions
Postby BasketballKid » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:47 am

1- Richland
2- Thompson (I think they will make their first ever state tournament)
3-EKM
4- Langdon
5. Shiloh
7. Beulah
8. Powers Lak

On region 2, I agree.. (3) Thompson--Schwabe, Hughes, & Overby (1) HCV --Henningsgard


Heard Schwabe was out for the season with shoulder surgery. Any truth behind that?


Collarbone injury during title game of FB...seen with a arm in sling this weekend at Volleyball. Safe bet he is missing significant time (bummer for Schwabe...hate to see injuries)


I heard 6-8 weeks.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:06 pm

Magic74 wrote:I can't say the Enderlin boys are going to state, but they are talented beyond Joe Hurlburt. By the way he now stands a solid 6-8. His twin brother Gus ia 6-6 and is a great grinder around the basket. In addition to those 2, they have 5 solid seniors who have a great mix of shooting, quickness and great finesse. They also have several younger players who may replace some of those seniors. My guess is that Enderlin could challenge for the region if you took all 5 seniors off the team. It is true, they have a good senior group, but they are deep and very talented. They will be the team to beat in R1 for the next 4 years.




If so good why dont they make much noise during summer league at courts??
hoophoophoop
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby packers21 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:11 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:
Magic74 wrote:I can't say the Enderlin boys are going to state, but they are talented beyond Joe Hurlburt. By the way he now stands a solid 6-8. His twin brother Gus ia 6-6 and is a great grinder around the basket. In addition to those 2, they have 5 solid seniors who have a great mix of shooting, quickness and great finesse. They also have several younger players who may replace some of those seniors. My guess is that Enderlin could challenge for the region if you took all 5 seniors off the team. It is true, they have a good senior group, but they are deep and very talented. They will be the team to beat in R1 for the next 4 years.




If so good why dont they make much noise during summer league at courts??


Putting any stock into summer league basketball its a ridiculous notion to me.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:17 pm

packers21 wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:
Magic74 wrote:I can't say the Enderlin boys are going to state, but they are talented beyond Joe Hurlburt. By the way he now stands a solid 6-8. His twin brother Gus ia 6-6 and is a great grinder around the basket. In addition to those 2, they have 5 solid seniors who have a great mix of shooting, quickness and great finesse. They also have several younger players who may replace some of those seniors. My guess is that Enderlin could challenge for the region if you took all 5 seniors off the team. It is true, they have a good senior group, but they are deep and very talented. They will be the team to beat in R1 for the next 4 years.




If so good why dont they make much noise during summer league at courts??


Putting any stock into summer league basketball is a ridiculous notion to me.


Agreed! Realize that 1. Not everyone shows up to those games (conflicts, AAU, travel, etc.) and 2. Courts Plus summer league is a joke...the games are poorly officiated (similar to a JH game).
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14697
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby Sorenson23 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:09 pm

My top 3 for Region 5 were Shiloh, TLMM, Underwood. It is subject to change.

My District 9 & 10 predictions heading into the season.

District 9 Predictions

1. Shiloh Christian
2. Standing Rock
3. Flasher
4. New Salem-Almont
5. Solen
6. Grant County

District 10

1. Turtle Lake-M-M
2. Underwood
3. Wilton-Wing
4. Garrison
5. Washburn
6. Center-Stanton
7. Max


My Top 5 would be

1. Shiloh Christian
2. Standing Rock
3. Turtle Lake-M-M
4. Underwood
5. Flasher

Hard to say who comes out of District 10. TLMM has Jacobs, Underwood returns a strong core of juniors this year, & Wilton-Wing is the defending district champs.

Don't have the hoopster yet just going based on what I seen from these teams last season.
Last edited by Sorenson23 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorenson23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:49 am

Magic74 wrote:I can't say the Enderlin boys are going to state, but they are talented beyond Joe Hurlburt. By the way he now stands a solid 6-8. His twin brother Gus ia 6-6 and is a great grinder around the basket. In addition to those 2, they have 5 solid seniors who have a great mix of shooting, quickness and great finesse. They also have several younger players who may replace some of those seniors. My guess is that Enderlin could challenge for the region if you took all 5 seniors off the team. It is true, they have a good senior group, but they are deep and very talented. They will be the team to beat in R1 for the next 4 years.


I am hoping to catch a few of their games this year. You have me excited to see this group and how they have improved over the summer. If Enderlin uses their height they should be able to dominate the region and even state. Just concerned that it seems they never use their height and just shoot long ball..... and if you a 6'8 and stand 25 feet from the hoop... someone 5-6 can guard you.
maddog1971
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby packers21 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:34 am

maddog1971 wrote:
Magic74 wrote:I can't say the Enderlin boys are going to state, but they are talented beyond Joe Hurlburt. By the way he now stands a solid 6-8. His twin brother Gus ia 6-6 and is a great grinder around the basket. In addition to those 2, they have 5 solid seniors who have a great mix of shooting, quickness and great finesse. They also have several younger players who may replace some of those seniors. My guess is that Enderlin could challenge for the region if you took all 5 seniors off the team. It is true, they have a good senior group, but they are deep and very talented. They will be the team to beat in R1 for the next 4 years.


I am hoping to catch a few of their games this year. You have me excited to see this group and how they have improved over the summer. If Enderlin uses their height they should be able to dominate the region and even state. Just concerned that it seems they never use their height and just shoot long ball..... and if you a 6'8 and stand 25 feet from the hoop... someone 5-6 can guard you.


Agreed!
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby Vikings2009 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:22 pm

After watching most of these teams, season coming to a close
Heres my predictions
Region 1. Richland
Region 2. Hillsboro 3rd times a charm over Thompson
Region 3. Lamoure LM
Region 4. Four Winds-Minnewaukan
Region 5. Shilo C
Region 6. Minot Bishop Ryan
Region 7. Beulah-tough team
Region 8. White shield/Ray-- not sure on these two.
Vikings2009
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:36 pm

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:44 pm

maddog1971 wrote:
Magic74 wrote:I can't say the Enderlin boys are going to state, but they are talented beyond Joe Hurlburt. By the way he now stands a solid 6-8. His twin brother Gus ia 6-6 and is a great grinder around the basket. In addition to those 2, they have 5 solid seniors who have a great mix of shooting, quickness and great finesse. They also have several younger players who may replace some of those seniors. My guess is that Enderlin could challenge for the region if you took all 5 seniors off the team. It is true, they have a good senior group, but they are deep and very talented. They will be the team to beat in R1 for the next 4 years.


I am hoping to catch a few of their games this year. You have me excited to see this group and how they have improved over the summer. If Enderlin uses their height they should be able to dominate the region and even state. Just concerned that it seems they never use their height and just shoot long ball..... and if you a 6'8 and stand 25 feet from the hoop... someone 5-6 can guard you.


After watching them play 3 times this year.... They are big and can handle the ball but a 6"2 kid can guard them. The kid I was impressed with was they 8th Grader. He is the best player on that team.
maddog1971
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby d_fense » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:36 pm

maddog1971 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:
Magic74 wrote:I can't say the Enderlin boys are going to state, but they are talented beyond Joe Hurlburt. By the way he now stands a solid 6-8. His twin brother Gus ia 6-6 and is a great grinder around the basket. In addition to those 2, they have 5 solid seniors who have a great mix of shooting, quickness and great finesse. They also have several younger players who may replace some of those seniors. My guess is that Enderlin could challenge for the region if you took all 5 seniors off the team. It is true, they have a good senior group, but they are deep and very talented. They will be the team to beat in R1 for the next 4 years.


I am hoping to catch a few of their games this year. You have me excited to see this group and how they have improved over the summer. If Enderlin uses their height they should be able to dominate the region and even state. Just concerned that it seems they never use their height and just shoot long ball..... and if you a 6'8 and stand 25 feet from the hoop... someone 5-6 can guard you.


After watching them play 3 times this year.... They are big and can handle the ball but a 6"2 kid can guard them. The kid I was impressed with was they 8th Grader. He is the best player on that team.


That 8th grader is likely going to be a good player down the road. But I think you're a little crazy if you think the best player on a team with a winning record is a kid who averages fewer than 3 points a game and under 2 rebounds a game while turning it over 3 times for every assist he makes.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 am
Location: Small town eastern ND

Previous

Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests