2018 Playoff Bracket

The teams in Class A

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby madseason » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:22 pm

I think run will pick Hillsboro over Langdon also :) And he will be right this time.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:23 pm

Langdon/Edmore/Munich def. Bowman County 22-19
Hillsboro-Central Valley def. Dickinson Trinity 44-8
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby B-oldtimer » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:55 pm

I see already people are picking Hillsboro over Langdon/Edmore/Munich for the championship game. I was thinking this could be really good game and I am not sure who will win this game. The biggest advantage Hillsboro has is I think there a deeper team than LEM and I think there little bit bigger in size. LEM has a lot intangibles in that they play good defense use their speed and quickness to their full advantage. LEM style of play they use is to take advantage of their speed and quickness they like to throw the football but that doesn't mean they can't run the ball up the gut either if they have too. It will be interesting game and it will be fun to see which coach has come with best game plan to offset each other strengths. I have just feeling LEM may just want this more after last years loss but Hillsboro may have to much talent so you see why I haven't pick a winner. A lot of people have picked against LEM when they were playing quality opponent giving their various reason but mostly they young team which usually means they should loose to more older teams. The one thing I have to say on this this group of kids have been playing varsity football now for number of years since they were 8 graders which means they have a lot of experience for sophomores and juniors. I would like hear what other people think on this game and how it will be played.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby steel » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:12 am

I think LEM has had a great season but don't think they have enough to beat hcv if the Burros don't self destruct. LEM was fortunate to get by Bowman county, thought they got to conservative in 2nd half. Hcv secondary is underrated. LEM will have to hit the big plays like they did in the semis. I definitely believe LEM has a title in their future but not this year. Hcv option attack with Hastings and Benson will wear out LEM undersized line over 4 quarters. I do believe LEM will make it interesting alot of formations, trickery. I think hcv will takeaway Grant romfo and make someone else beat them. A 9 o'clock game is something of an equalizer sometimes. If I were the coaches I would have the boys set their alarm clocks early this week and get in early morning game mode. Congrats to both teams on making it to the dome.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby Region2FootballFan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:02 pm

If you could give both teams a state title I would, but that's not the case. Both teams have been defying the odds on making back to the dome and a shot for a state title. Hats off to the coaches and players on both teams. Now back to the game. First off I think people overlook Langdon's OL and defense. The defense has let up on average 8.8 points a game. This defense lives off of turnovers. 4/5 Langdon's offensive line played in last years championship game. They proved that size does not matter. Look at kindred and BC lines. Langdon held their own creating some creases to run and giving their QB enough time to throw. Again and always HCV more depth than Langdon giving some of their guys breaks in the warm dome. All in all I think were In for a treat this Friday. They are many storylines for this game "Langdon gets revenge second time around", "HCV 2-peats" Like I said before both teams are deserving of a state title. Good luck to both teams.
Region2FootballFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby HighSchoolSportsFan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:58 pm

Interesting to look back at some of the pre-season comments for class A now that the season has played out. Pretty predictable for the most part. Carrington was pretty much the favorite for most pre-season. A big injury early in the Langdon game pretty much de-railed their season. Just didn't have the depth to overcome that. HCV has been what most people thought they would be. Dickinson Trinity was pretty much as expected. The two surprise teams in the semi-finals were definitely Langdon and Bowman County. BC wasn't mentioned much in pre-season state wide prediction and turned out to be arguably the best team in the west (beat both DT and Velva but didn't get the chance to play Ryan). I think the bigger surprise was Langdon, some thought they would have a chance to be competitive but most thought they were a year or two away. Wins over Carrington on the road and Kindred and Bowman Co. in the playoffs were a surprise to most of us. Definitely the biggest surprise of the season.
Hope to see another hard fought, competitive game on Friday in Fargo.
HighSchoolSportsFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby 5-time state chump » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:11 am

Hillsboro by 20.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:57 pm

I will take Hillsboro-CV this week by a score of 28 to 14. After Langdon struggled so much to stop the run last week I have a hard time taking them to beat HCV. I think this game will be competitive in the first half but the depth of HCV allows them to begin to run away with it in the 2nd half.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sorenson23 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:27 am

Langdon-Edmore-Munich wins the rematch. Its difficult to be the same team twice but it can be done. And this game will be a high scoring contest. Unlike last year's low scoring affair.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby magic man » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:19 am

10 + point win for HCV.

They go back up to 2A undefeated. (They should never return to 1A)
magic man
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:36 am

CHAMPIONSHIP: #1 (2) Langdon/Edmore/Munich (11-0) vs. #2 (1) Hillsboro-Central Valley (11-0)
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby 5-time state chump » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:48 am

B-oldtimer wrote:I see already people are picking Hillsboro over Langdon/Edmore/Munich for the championship game.

Already?

The matchup was set. So....should they have waited until after the injury report or weather forecast came out or....when should they have started making their predictions?
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 5-time state chump » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:55 am

magic man wrote:They (HCV) should never return to 1A

Why not?

Its currently based on enrollment. You're saying that enrollment shouldn't be used.

What should be used to determine what class you are in? Success? LOL.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:08 pm

Sorenson23 wrote:Langdon-Edmore-Munich wins the rematch. Its difficult to be the same team twice but it can be done. And this game will be a high scoring contest. Unlike last year's low scoring affair.

Based on what?

In the last 23 games HCV has never given up more than 2 TDs in a game. They have never given up 2 TDs in a game this season. I think if there are 6 or more TDs in this game LEM doesn't have a shot. I'll go 28-7 HCV.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:17 pm

Flip wrote:
Sorenson23 wrote:Langdon-Edmore-Munich wins the rematch. Its difficult to be the same team twice but it can be done. And this game will be a high scoring contest. Unlike last year's low scoring affair.

Based on what?

In the last 23 games HCV has never given up more than 2 TDs in a game. They have never given up 2 TDs in a game this season. I think if there are 6 or more TDs in this game LEM doesn't have a shot. I'll go 28-7 HCV.

The teams are also not the 'same' as both lost players to graduation last season. I don't think it'll be that high scoring for both teams: HCV pulls away in 2nd half for 35-13 win (I'd like to be wrong here but from what I saw out of HCV this season I'm not too worried)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby magic man » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:55 pm

5-time state chump wrote:
magic man wrote:They (HCV) should never return to 1A

Why not?

Its currently based on enrollment. You're saying that enrollment shouldn't be used.

What should be used to determine what class you are in? Success? LOL.

No, not success at all. As stated many times on here. I dont believe in the free/reduced lunch reduction.. without that, they would and should be in 2A
magic man
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sorenson23 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:45 pm

Flip wrote:

Based on what?

Last 23 games yeah but each game is different. I just don't think enough people are giving Langdon credit. Before the season started everybody was predicting Carrington to win their region. I'm just saying I wouldn't look at the past 23 games I would just look at the one tomorrow.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:20 pm

Sorenson23 wrote:
Flip wrote:

Based on what?

Last 23 games yeah but each game is different. I just don't think enough people are giving Langdon credit. Before the season started everybody was predicting Carrington to win their region. I'm just saying I wouldn't look at the past 23 games I would just look at the one tomorrow.

Carrington's season was completely derailed with injuries
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:37 pm

Sorenson23 wrote:Last 23 games yeah but each game is different. I just don't think enough people are giving Langdon credit. Before the season started everybody was predicting Carrington to win their region. I'm just saying I wouldn't look at the past 23 games I would just look at the one tomorrow.

Hard to argue with that reasoning.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:16 am

Great first half by LEM. 47 "big time" plays, by my count.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby theallaroundballer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:35 am

Flip wrote:Great first half by LEM. 47 "big time" plays, by my count.

Plus he goes bonkers over every 3 yard dive; the dude is more excitable than Dom Izzo on uppers. Find a tone between that and Joe Buck, honestly... :lol:
theallaroundballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HONKER » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:23 pm

What a BIG TIME game
HONKER
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Hahahahahah this made my day “big time”
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:30 pm

packers21 wrote:

Hahahahahah this made my day “big time”

Who was covering the game?
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby steel » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:47 pm

Big time congrats to the Cardinals, very impressed with their poise and grit. I can admit when I am wrong. LEM just found a way to win. Hcv had way too many huge penalties at inopportune times with holds , motions, and the offsides penalty at the end was a killer. The future definitely looks bright for LEM. If their key players can stay healthy I definitely believe another title is in their future. I guess that's why they play the game. Defense was the unsung hero.
steel
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to A