(RV) Richland @ (#5) Napolean/Gackle-Streeter

The teams in 9 Man

Re: (RV) Richland @ (#5) Napolean/Gackle-Streeter

Postby BringTheThunder » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:48 pm

The Schwab wrote:
BringTheThunder wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
Flip wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:Because was cleared for contact next week and they have a buy for the first round,

doesn't sound like anything a doctor should say in 2018.

Flip is right. That is not the concussion protocol that is used by schools anymore. There is quite the process to being cleared to return.

I mean, if doctors clear you for action. then the doctors clear you for action. Why should a doctor not clear him for action if hes not showing any signs or symptoms of a concussion? if hes cleared next week and RHS doesn't play next weekend since they have already locked a first round bye why would he not be able to play in the game after next week? Am I missing something here?

Because the NDHSAA has implemented a state-wide concussion protocol, which I'm not going to get into the specifics of, but essentially the player has to have 5 consecutive symptom free days while in the protocol before they can consult with a doctor about being cleared.

The wording of the original post was confusing, while it is possible for him to be cleared next week (and I hope he is, never like seeing anyone hurt), I don't think a doctor would tell a kid that he will for sure be ready by next week if he was still in protocol.

I'm familiar with the 5 day portion, but to respond to Flip, He was injured 2 weeks ago if its who i think it is that hoophoophoop is talking about (and after the hit/landing i wouldnt be surprised). He could be closing in on that 5 day period of time such as this being day 4 of 5 that hes been without symptoms. so telling him that he would be good to go for practice assuming hes feeling fine for said 5 days would be fair assumption. especially with most mild concussions lasting around 2 weeks. just my $.02
BringTheThunder
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BringTheThunder » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:23 pm

Wow. This game is lit! :lol:
BringTheThunder
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BringTheThunder » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:47 pm

So in case anyone on the board here didn't hear the situation. The fuse box at Napoleon apparently was fried so the game was left with 6 minutes some-odd seconds left in the first half Napoleon up 8 to nothing Richland ball. It seems like they are trying to find a neutral ground to play at tomorrow but don't appear to be having luck with that will keep you posted as more information becomes available
BringTheThunder
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:53 pm

BringTheThunder wrote:So in case anyone on the board here didn't hear the situation. The fuse box at Napoleon apparently was fried so the game was left with 6 minutes some-odd seconds left in the first half Napoleon up 8 to nothing Richland ball. It seems like they are trying to find a neutral ground to play at tomorrow but don't appear to be having luck with that will keep you posted as more information becomes available

Was just messaged that the game is a 'No Contest' game and will not be made up.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BringTheThunder » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:54 pm

Just got the exact same information. Its a no contest.
BringTheThunder
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to 9 - Man