2018 State Tournament

Re: 2018 State Tournament

Postby Rivershark » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:02 am

I don't know where this state title game ranks with others, but that was unbelievable to watch. Two very talented teams playing their hearts out. Both teams threw 3 pitchers. Each team threw a player out at home. Each team had a chance to win with bases loaded late in the game, only to be denied a run. Two teams that play baseball the way it should be played.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDPREP » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:52 am

Without a doubt the 2 best teams in the state made it. Was a great game to watch.
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby airmail » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:44 am

Rivershark wrote:I don't know where this state title game ranks with others, but that was unbelievable to watch. Two very talented teams playing their hearts out. Both teams threw 3 pitchers. Each team threw a player out at home. Each team had a chance to win with bases loaded late in the game, only to be denied a run. Two teams that play baseball the way it should be played.

NDPREP wrote:Without a doubt the 2 best teams in the state made it. Was a great game to watch.

Yep and yep. That was an awesome game. (yes - the home plate plays were just ridiculous).
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Postby hook » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:24 pm

That was one heck of a championship game. I thought the Odenbach Kid threw Great for Thompson. That was a gutsy move by Schwab to run him out there to start the game but with all those strong left handed sticks PR has it was a great move. Walks killed Thompson in the championship game and Park Rivers Pitching was really good all tournament.

One thing I do have to share that stuck out to me was a group of young men in front of me that consisted of former and current players for PR, Thompson, Velva and Beulah. They all were cheering for different teams but were very respectful and really fun to listen to. I also thought that both teams players and coaches conducted themselves as champions... Kudos to those 2 programs!
hook
NDPreps Starter

Postby spins » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:36 pm

the plays at the plate were so close that could have both gone either way.
spins
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rivershark » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:19 am

spins wrote:the plays at the plate were so close that could have both gone either way.

I got both plays on video and they were both good calls.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby spins » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:26 am

im glad to hear that
spins
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Class B