2018-19 Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby ReadyToPlay » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:42 pm

Postby BasketballKid » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:47 am

1- Richland
2- Thompson (I think they will make their first ever state tournament)
3-EKM
4- Langdon
5. Shiloh
7. Beulah
8. Powers Lak

On region 2, I agree.. (3) Thompson--Schwabe, Hughes, & Overby (1) HCV --Henningsgard
ReadyToPlay
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:15 am

ReadyToPlay wrote:Re: 2018-19 Predictions
Postby BasketballKid » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:47 am

1- Richland
2- Thompson (I think they will make their first ever state tournament)
3-EKM
4- Langdon
5. Shiloh
7. Beulah
8. Powers Lak

On region 2, I agree.. (3) Thompson--Schwabe, Hughes, & Overby (1) HCV --Henningsgard

Cavalier will be right be right there also
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BasketballKid » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:09 am

Thompson also has a post player coming up that will be a sleeper, and a great spot up shooter, (Chance Danner, and Nick Reck)
BasketballKid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packers21 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:39 pm

BasketballKid wrote:Thompson also has a post player coming up that will be a sleeper, and a great spot up shooter, (Chance Danner, and Nick Reck)

They always have kids coming up!
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:13 pm

BasketballKid wrote:Thompson also has a post player coming up that will be a sleeper, and a great spot up shooter, (Chance Danner, and Nick Reck)

How is Danner a “sleeper”? Was the first guy off the bench for the bulk of this year until Reck took that spot late in the year. Danner/Odenbach/Reck will be the next 3 for the Tommies without question. As an aside, you are the poster that called HCV a “sleeper” team this year...... :D
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby CentralCity » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Region 3:

Lamoure will be the best team in the region. They lose 0 players and are coming off of a good season. Kramer will be best player in region. He can shoot it, play inside, play outside, and can defend. I’m thinking he averaged over 20 and he was only a junior. Klever is a solid pass first PG who will run the show. Ness is a quirky player who finds ways to score inside and out. They showed at the end of the season that they can compete and will be the team to beat.

Carrington will be down but not out. They are coming off of their first state tournament appearance in 8 years and lose their best player and first team all stater in Bickett as well as two solid players in Vetter and Shipman. They return Rosenau, a good inside presence, Smith, a good ball handler and defender, and Nelson, a well rounded player who will be solid. I predict them to struggle a little early on but come tournament time they will be solid.

EKM will also be a solid team. They lose their best player and first team all stater in Lane Hanson. He was a huge part of what they did on both offensive and defensive end. If he can be replaced by 6’7” Entzi then I believe they will be top 3 in the region. They return a very solid lineup with Huber, younger Huber, Matthern, Hagen, and Zahn.

Kidder County will be a top 5 team in region and will compete during tournament time. They return Austin Schmidt, one of the most well rounded players and arguably the best scorer for next year. They also return a good spot up shooter in Pfaff and a solid defender in Fallgatter.
CentralCity
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packers21 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:51 pm

CentralCity wrote:Region 3:

Lamoure will be the best team in the region. They lose 0 players and are coming off of a good season. Kramer will be best player in region. He can shoot it, play inside, play outside, and can defend. I’m thinking he averaged over 20 and he was only a junior. Klever is a solid pass first PG who will run the show. Ness is a quirky player who finds ways to score inside and out. They showed at the end of the season that they can compete and will be the team to beat.

Carrington will be down but not out. They are coming off of their first state tournament appearance in 8 years and lose their best player and first team all stater in Bickett as well as two solid players in Vetter and Shipman. They return Rosenau, a good inside presence, Smith, a good ball handler and defender, and Nelson, a well rounded player who will be solid. I predict them to struggle a little early on but come tournament time they will be solid.

EKM will also be a solid team. They lose their best player and first team all stater in Lane Hanson. He was a huge part of what they did on both offensive and defensive end. If he can be replaced by 6’7” Entzi then I believe they will be top 3 in the region. They return a very solid lineup with Huber, younger Huber, Matthern, Hagen, and Zahn.

Kidder County will be a top 5 team in region and will compete during tournament time. They return Austin Schmidt, one of the most well rounded players and arguably the best scorer for next year. They also return a good spot up shooter in Pfaff and a solid defender in Fallgatter.

I think Carrington will be the Region Championship again next year. KC was a disappointment this year IMO, underachieved. Oakes and SZ should also be pretty competitive. R3 this year was extremely week in boys, next year they should be a little more competitive overall.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:54 pm

Six Richland and One Kindred player played the Region 2 all star team and beat them in grand am the past weekend, take that for whats its worth. Six sophomores and 1 junior.
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:07 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:Six Richland and One Kindred player played the Region 2 all star team and beat them in grand am the past weekend, take that for whats its worth. Six sophomores and 1 junior.

Be interested to know the names of the kids from R2 (Overby, Schwabe, and Albrect) 3 of the top 6-7 players in the region all play of NDATTACK and were in St. Cloud.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby CentralCity » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:14 pm

packers21 wrote:

I think Carrington will be the Region Championship again next year. KC was a disappointment this year IMO, underachieved. Oakes and SZ should also be pretty competitive. R3 this year was extremely week in boys, next year they should be a little more competitive overall.

I think it’ll come down to Carrington, Lamoure, or EKM. Depending on how offseasons go, how players develop, and other factors such as injuries all play a big part. It’s hard for me to predict a region champion this early while keeping those factors in mind.
CentralCity
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packers21 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:38 pm

CentralCity wrote:
packers21 wrote:

I think it’ll come down to Carrington, Lamoure, or EKM. Depending on how offseasons go, how players develop, and other factors such as injuries all play a big part. It’s hard for me to predict a region champion this early while keeping those factors in mind.

Agreed, I didn't say they would win it either.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Handcheck » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:40 am

I watched 60+ games last year in class B. I have had the opportunity to watch some aau team camp and summer ball if Thompson gets ANY COACHING and their guards pass first they are favorites in the region and state the Young big post is an absolute dude I think is about 6’5 and legit. My new favorite player n the state. Watched him play about 10 times last yr wasn’t sure why didn’t play in region “maybe hurt?” Great touch. Range and a board machine. Thompson has played outside in in the coaches regime any “chance” we can get that kid a few miles south?
Handcheck
NDPreps Rookie

Postby packers21 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:54 pm

Handcheck wrote:I watched 60+ games last year in class B. I have had the opportunity to watch some aau team camp and summer ball if Thompson gets ANY COACHING and their guards pass first they are favorites in the region and state the Young big post is an absolute dude I think is about 6’5 and legit. My new favorite player n the state. Watched him play about 10 times last yr wasn’t sure why didn’t play in region “maybe hurt?” Great touch. Range and a board machine. Thompson has played outside in in the coaches regime any “chance” we can get that kid a few miles south?

What are you talking about ?
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PMPT » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:20 am

Too much coaching from the stands and parents hyping their kids.
PMPT
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:59 am

Region 7 predictions IMO (3-10 I feel is wide open). A lot of coaching changes in this region.

1. Trinity
2. Beulah
3. Hazen
4. Bowman
5. Beach
6. Mott-Regent
7. Hettinger-Scranton
8. Heart River
9. Glen Ullin-Hebron
10. New England
11.Richardton
12. Killdeer
In alphabetical order:

Beach- Will have one of the premier players in the region in Swanson. He's a tough match-up. They lost a few nice pieces around him. Will be interesting to see how some of the other guys step up.

Beulah- Lost a lot off of their team from last year. If Morsette is back healthy, he and Brandt will make a very good combo. Lets face it, Beulah always is near the top.

Bowman- Lost a lot off of their team, Svihovec (spelling is probably way off) is a very good piece back. New coach and some talent coming up, could be a solid year.

Dickinson Trinity- Lost a lot, but return quite a few who saw action. They will be the favorite IMO.

Glen Ullin/Hebron- New coaching staff will mean a new system, return everyone off of last years team, could make some noise.

Hazen- Return some very nice pieces let by Doll, they will be pretty solid.

Heart River- New coaching staff, some talent returns. Will be interested to see what style they play

Hettinger/Scranton- Lost a lot, return a couple of nice pieces. Could make some noise.

Killdeer- Lost a lot, could be a long year for the Cowboys

Mott/Regent- New coach, return one of the best players in the region in Perkins, he will be tough to stop.

New England- New coach, they have some talent returning, could be sneaky.

Richardton Taylor- New coach, not really sure of what their squad will look like
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BasketballKid » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:11 pm

I watched 60+ games last year in class B. I have had the opportunity to watch some aau team camp and summer ball if Thompson gets ANY COACHING and their guards pass first they are favorites in the region and state the Young big post is an absolute dude I think is about 6’5 and legit. My new favorite player n the state. Watched him play about 10 times last yr wasn’t sure why didn’t play in region “maybe hurt?” Great touch. Range and a board machine. Thompson has played outside in in the coaches regime any “chance” we can get that kid a few miles south?

He wasn’t hurt I’ve heard the coach just didn’t play the bench at all in regions
BasketballKid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Jack8 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:33 pm

[quote="aNDkid91"]Region 8-I feel it's Powers Lake's to lose. They had a couple of freshmen that saw playing time in districts and regionals that will give them an edge. New Town & Mandaree would finish out my top 3.[/quote.

I wouldn’t say it’s Powers Lakes to lose. In region 8 this year there are a hand full teams that can go to state
Unlike last year when everyone knew Stanley was going to state.
Jack8
NDPreps Starter

Postby scout_101 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:08 pm

Four winds is getting overlooked and so is St. John for region 4. I watched Langdon Fw and St. john this past summer in the DL elks tourney and Devils lake HS league. seen them play at lake region team camp and fw team camp. Four winds been Langdon couple times and St.john won the devils lake league over fw. It should be another good year of Region 4 basketball.
scout_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:20 pm

scout_101 wrote:Four winds is getting overlooked and so is St. John for region 4. I watched Langdon Fw and St. john this past summer in the DL elks tourney and Devils lake HS league. seen them play at lake region team camp and fw team camp. Four winds been Langdon couple times and St.john won the devils lake league over fw. It should be another good year of Region 4 basketball.

I do not think 4 winds is ever overlooked! 4winds, Dunseith and Langdon IMO are the top 3 in what will be a competitive region. St. John will take an expected hit.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PMPT » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:20 am

Agreed, Four Winds has the potential to be very, very good. On the other hand, it can go the other way as well.
PMPT
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:40 am

PMPT wrote:Agreed, Four Winds has the potential to be very, very good. On the other hand, it can go the other way as well.

whats the Variable?
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:59 pm

winner-within wrote:
PMPT wrote:Agreed, Four Winds has the potential to be very, very good. On the other hand, it can go the other way as well.

whats the Variable?

High school boys. :)
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby RockNRoll » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:33 pm

Yup there gonna be hard to beat this year and the next few years. They looked good fast and physical against some good teams this summer, Good group of young men coming up.
RockNRoll
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GJF85 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Might as well put my two cents in here: Region 1 only
Don't look to the past, look at the present and the future. (Statement might seem odd to put here, but it's true)
Region 1 Overview
Central Cass Squirrels: approx. 5 seniors on this year's squad, don't know much about them. However last year during a junior varsity game saw a #42 M. Kobbervig, only a freshman, but had good ball handling skills and accurate passes.
Enderlin Eagles: also approx. 5 seniors on this year's squad, including C. Bye, a three-year starter with good ball control and long-range shot maker. Also J. Hurlburt, 6'7" freshman, and his twin G. Hurlburt at 6'4" will be height for the region to contend with. Young team in the making.
Hankinson Pirates: again approx. 5 seniors, but don't know much about Hankinson.
Kindred Vikings: approx. 4 seniors, including T. Duchscherer, also 6'"7 sophomore Keller down in the post. Kindred could make some noise this year.
Lisbon Broncos: approx. 2 seniors, including three-year starter W. Runck, who has good inside presence and mid-range shot making skills. Don't know much else about them.
Maple Valley Raiders: from the looks of it, no seniors on the team this year. Maple Valley is a young team with experience and talent. J. Johnson, a junior this year, has been starting since freshman year, and is becoming more balanced as time goes on. Another upperclassman to mention is junior A. Punton, who will get minutes this year. Expect a good season from the Raiders.
Milnor/North Sargent Bulldogs: entering the fourth year of the co-op, it appears the Bulldogs will have 8 seniors on the team this year, including D. McKeever and J. Martinson. Otherwise, don't know much about them.
Northern Cass Jaguars: looks like Northern Cass will have 5 seniors on the roster this year, including guard W. Elston and big man G. Saville. The Jaguars also bring back second year starting guard J. Crockett, who should be interesting to watch develop. Northern Cass has some good pieces, but can they get the job done?
Oak Grove Grovers: approx. 6 seniors on the Oak Grove squad this year, including big man T. Rodriguez, who provides a challenge in the paint and from mid-range. Other seniors to watch include K. Card and W. Pierce on defense, T. Conmy, who has quick hands, good ball control, and long range shooting. J. Akiri will also factor in some key minutes. And then there is sophomore N. Swenson, who displayed his skills during the second half of the season. You never know with Oak Grove.
Richland Colts: approx. 4 seniors on Richland's team this year, including B. Loomis and T. Dufner, who utilize speed and long range shooting. Two juniors to keep a close eye on are C. Lingen and C. Myers, both balanced athletes. Expect some noise out of Colfax.
Sargent Central Cadets: It appears that approx. 2 seniors will be on Sargent Central's squad this year, T. Banish and N. Kujanson, don't know much about them. Two juniors to watch on the young Cadet team will be L. Wyum, who has decent ball handling skills, and T. Wittich, average balanced. Sargent Central is young, but time will tell.
Tri-State Tigers (Fairmount/Campbell-Tintah/Rosholt): entering the third year of the basketball co-op covering three states, the Tigers appear to have 2 seniors of the team this year, being M. Christianson and N. Koeppe. Both players provide veteran varsity experience to Tri-State. Two juniors to focus on for the Tigers are R. Mendoza and J. Tangen, also with 2-3 years varsity experience. It appears that the third state is the charm, as the Tri-State Tigers will be contenders.
Wyndmere/Lidgerwood Warbirds: entering the ninth year of the co-op, and fresh off a trip to the B, the Warbirds appear to have 3 seniors on the team this year. Honestly do not know much about the team this year, due to the fact there were 10 seniors on the squad last year. But if I were to guess, I believe the Warbirds will be contenders yet again.
Not even going to attempt to order them 1-13, too early to tell.
GJF85
Joshua 1:9
ND High School Baseball & Softball Website in Progress
GJF85
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PMPT » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Regarding Region 2, certainly the odds-on bet is on HCV to return to the state tournament in 2019, but they are going to have to earn it. Grafton, Thompson, and even Cavalier are going to be pretty stout this year. It'll be another great season of quality basketball this winter!
PMPT
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys