Coaching Openings

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Coaching Openings

Postby urserious » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:54 am

What new coaching openings are out there this year? Some I have heard of are:

Northern Cass
Oakes
Maple Valley
Last edited by urserious on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
urserious
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Coaching Openings

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:24 am

Kretchman is leaving NC after 1 year?
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby The Schwab » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:48 am

I assume Solen has an opening, since their head coach took a principal job in Washburn (I believe)
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby leroybla » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:30 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Kretchman is leaving NC after 1 year?
I've heard that too.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby boblee » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:13 am

Yep. Kretchman is out. Parent/assistant coach issues. Wasn't worth his time. He left basically right after the playoff loss.
boblee
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:54 pm

Dakota Prairie
Lakota
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby bingobangobongo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:49 pm

boblee wrote:Yep. Kretchman is out. Parent/assistant coach issues. Wasn't worth his time. He left basically right after the playoff loss.

I imagine things might get tense when your assistant coach has a senior son starting and another sophomore son starting/6th man.
bingobangobongo
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:51 pm

bingobangobongo wrote:
boblee wrote:Yep. Kretchman is out. Parent/assistant coach issues. Wasn't worth his time. He left basically right after the playoff loss.

I imagine things might get tense when your assistant coach has a senior son starting and another sophomore son starting/6th man.

I'm curious how this team was throughout the season. I saw them early for 1 game and it was non stop complaining from the coaching staff and players. There were 1 or 2 technicals called on the players and coaches easily could have got one too.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:02 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:Dakota Prairie
Lakota

Did each move on to somewhere or are the schools looking at a co-op and opening the position up?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby boblee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:54 pm

bingobangobongo wrote:

Bingo. Already a lot of parent issues out there. Make one an assistant coach with two kids on the team and you are playing with fire.
boblee
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Richardson-Taylor
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Oakes and NC have both been filled
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby d_fense » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:39 pm

packers21 wrote:Oakes and NC have both been filled

Why post if you don't let us know who will be coaching?
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:09 pm

I know Northern Cass is Bryce Laxdal, I haven't heard who Oakes hired.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:10 pm

The Schwab wrote:I know Northern Cass is Bryce Laxdal, I haven't heard who Oakes hired.

Nolan Peterson - Oakes
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Lavar Ball » Tue May 01, 2018 7:52 am

Rumor that Standing Rock Head will be opened up.They i believe were only team in state with CO- Head Coaches. Wonder if they are looking at Hiring one of the two. I have a feeling one of them would go take the Solen job.
Lavar Ball
Lavar Ball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed May 09, 2018 9:12 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
Lakota

Did each move on to somewhere or are the schools looking at a co-op and opening the position up?

No co-op yet. Danielson at Dakota Prairie re-signed in February. Snyder at Lakota is inline to be the new principal there and head football coaching job. I know Tyson Ackerman is the new head coach at Lakota. The DP job applications are due this week. I see a co-op in the future. They are already combined for football, baseball, and track.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:41 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
Lakota

No co-op yet. Danielson at Dakota Prairie re-signed in February. Snyder at Lakota is inline to be the new principal there and head football coaching job. I know Tyson Ackerman is the new head coach at Lakota. The DP job applications are due this week. I see a co-op in the future. They are already combined for football, baseball, and track.

Be interesting to see who DP goes with, Danielson will be a tough act to follow. They didn't have much for teacher openings so another teacher or parent might have to step up.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:17 pm

Couple interesting openings so far in the State:

Minot Ryan was open now one ORCS is open and they might be the fav in Region 6 next year.

Have also heard of Griggs County and Midkota COOP, not sure who would head that up.

Havent heard of anything else
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys