Class C Fantasy

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Class C Fantasy

Postby ReadyToPlay » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Class C seems just to be a fantasy in today's world, but if all the stars and moon lined up, wouldn't that be quite an event to see the Class C state title game just before the Class B state title game? Best of both worlds showcasing apples vs apples..Everyone could then be happy and satisfied.. NDHSA somehow does this with football?
ReadyToPlay
NDPreps Starter

Re: Class C Fantasy

Postby Sniper » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:14 pm

I think having both state tournaments at the same time would be a very exciting atmosphere. I will say that doing both at the same time would cause some problems, mainly with the first day of the tournament as it would be impossible to broadcast all 8 games on TV. Also some people may argue that they want all semifinal games played at night but I think most people would still just be happy to finally move to three classes.

Side note: in a 3-class system I would prefer to have the classes listed as AA, A, B.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby ReadyToPlay » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:45 pm

Ok as far as tv time to get all games on, does anyone think that a stand alone Class C tournament would eventually be bigger than the current B tourney?
ReadyToPlay
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:47 pm

ReadyToPlay wrote:Ok as far as tv time to get all games on, does anyone think that a stand alone Class C tournament would eventually be bigger than the current B tourney?

Depends on how big that 3rd class would be. If the middle class is closer to A number of teams right now, I'd say definitely. If they bump it up to around 40 teams in the middle class and about 70 left in lowest class, then maybe.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby yellowjacket » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:06 am

They used to broadcast the super A first round on line, game start times were stagered about 20 minutes, when one game ended you picked up the next game halfway through and so on the rest of the day. Friday just do semifinals and Saturday do the two championships. Parade of athletes in between games Saturday just like now. Eliminate 7-8 game like class A does now and hold all games Saturday at one location. I think it would sell out every time for championship night.
yellowjacket
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys