2018-19 Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2018-19 Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:06 pm

Well the 2017-18 season is over...may as well start this up now I guess.

Predict away...I will at some point...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2018-19 Predictions

Postby Wilbur » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:27 am

I will take an early shot at this. Bear with me—some regions I have no idea what any of the teams have returning.

Region I: Without knowing what they have returning, I will take Oak Grove.
Region II: As long as Hillsboro/CV has Henningsgard, they should be favored. Looks like they have become a premier program again and should be a threat for years to come.
Region III: Strasburg-Zeeland and Edgeley-Kulm/Montpelier.
Region IV: I know absolutely nothing about this region, but I will say that St. John WILL NOT win it.
Region V: Shiloh Christian. No one in their region will challenge them.
Region VI: Bishop Ryan. Two great players to fill in around.
Region VII: Dickinson Trinity (I make this prediction without knowing a thing about them, other than they are always there).
Region VIII: Again, I know nothing about this region, but would guess that Stanley WILL NOT win it.
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan111 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:45 am

Wilbur wrote:I will take an early shot at this. Bear with me—some regions I have no idea what any of the teams have returning.

Region II: As long as Hillsboro/CV has Henningsgard, they should be favored. Looks like they have become a premier program again and should be a threat for years to come.
Region IV: I know absolutely nothing about this region, but I will say that St. John WILL NOT win it.
Region VII: Dickinson Trinity (I make this prediction without knowing a thing about them, other than they are always there).
Region VIII: Again, I know nothing about this region, but would guess that Stanley WILL NOT win it.

R3: Carrington and Lamoure. People are going to find out how good of players Rosenau and Smith are pretty quickly next season. Nelson will be the best player in the region.
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonation6 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:13 am

Wilbur wrote:I will take an early shot at this. Bear with me—some regions I have no idea what any of the teams have returning.

Bishop Ryan will have an interesting team next year. Could be an interesting offense. Also would pick them in their region.
bisonation6
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:51 am

Region 1: Could be Enderlin's year...Kindred, Richland, Central Cass, Northern Cass & Oak Grove will compete.
Region 2: Hillsboro-Central Valley loses several seniors but should reload...Thompson should still be good
Region 3: Carrington should be favorite; L-LM will be right there as well...EKM loses key player in Hanson but that's it
Region 4: Four Winds-Minnewaukan is my favorite...Langdon & New Rockford-Sheyenne will compete well
Region 5: Shiloh Christian likely favorite...but I don't think it'll be a complete runaway
Region 6: Bishop Ryan with Rugby likely close by...
Region 7: Beulah will have good key parts returning; DT will reload...not sure what else returns in R7
Region 8: Powers Lake, New Town, Mandaree, White Shield...all could compete in a tight region
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Wilbur » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:12 am

sportsfan111 wrote:

R3: Carrington and Lamoure. People are going to find out how good of players Rosenau and Smith are pretty quickly next season. Nelson will be the best player in the region.

Not quite sold on Carrington, yet, but agree they will be among contenders. Actually forgot to mention LaMoure/LM. They probably be the favorite. Strasburg-Zeeland returns a lot of young, experienced players who started to gel at the end of the season and that is why I picked them as one of the favorites. You are right, EKM loses just one player, but those are some pretty big shoes to fill.
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby District12guy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:24 am

I can only really speak for the teams in region 6, as I've seen all of them play and know who's returning next year.

My top 3
1. Bishop Ryan- Return Bohl and Herberg, two of the best guards in the state in my opinion, and Udekwe, who's a really solid guard and good on defense.
2. Rugby- Return Goven and Hamilton, along with some other good roll players.
3. This is a tough one... maybe Velva or MLS? Honestly this spot is wide open in my opinion. MLS has Undlin and I feel like he could lead a team almost by himself.

Guesses for other regions:
1- Richland
2-H/CV
3-EKM
4- Langdon/Edmore/Munich
5. Shiloh (Only lose one senior)
7. Beulah
8. Powers Lake
District12guy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby lennylive » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:01 am

IMO.. Enderlin Eagles will be the team to beat in Region 1...if they stay healthy and work on their game up to next season, they will be a force of power with Bye,Mark,Lemna,2 Hurlburts,Yantis,Glarum as the top 7 players and a bench of great players that extends DEEP.
Richlands situation will play out...we will see how that goes.
OG will be OG...always tough.
All Other schools loose a lot of talent.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes87 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:18 am

I think Hillsboro will be the team to beat for the next couple of years

As for region 1, if Richland gets the boys back, I don't know who will compete. I know Enderlin was young and played well at the end of the year but they only beat Richland's second team by 2 if I recall correctly. Richland with 5 shooters looks a lot different than Richland with 2. Bye is a great shooter and their young tall kid will only get better but I don't see them taking a full Richland team down. It will be interesting to see what Oak Grove puts together.
vikes87
NDPreps Rookie

Postby RockNRoll » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:23 pm

Region 1. Richland
Region 2. Hillsboro
Region 3. Carrington
Region 4. Four Winds-Minnewaukan
Region 5. Shilo
Region 6. Bishop Ryan
Region 7. ??? Beulah N Trinity lose to much
Region 8. Whiteshield/Manderee
RockNRoll
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bigbrew22 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:12 pm

Region 5: Shiloh, TLMM, and look for Underwood to make some noise
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby iluvsports » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:37 pm

Anybody know the dates for 2019 State Tourney in Minot?
iluvsports
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:41 pm

iluvsports wrote:Anybody know the dates for 2019 State Tourney in Minot?

March 14th - 16th per NDHSAA website
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby iluvsports » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:46 pm

Thanks!
iluvsports
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NodakQ2 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:26 pm

RockNRoll wrote:Region 1. Richland
Region 2. Hillsboro
Region 3. Carrington
Region 4. Four Winds-Minnewaukan
Region 5. Shilo
Region 6. Bishop Ryan
Region 7. ??? Beulah N Trinity lose to much
Region 8. Whiteshield/Manderee

I like these picks in 1-6. In Region 3 you can add LaMoure and EKM to the mix. I know nothing about 7 and 8 but you can bet Trinity and Beulah will be in the mix in 7 no mater what they lost.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby woodchuck10 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:56 pm

Region 4 based on what I seen at regionals this year and what they have returning

Langdon-EM
Four Winds-M
New Rockford-S
Dunseith

St. John
Benson County
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:00 pm

woodchuck10 wrote:Region 4 based on what I seen at regionals this year and what they have returning

Langdon-EM
Four Winds-M
New Rockford-S
Dunseith

St. John
Benson County

I would agree with this, too. L/E/M and FW/M each lose one senior I believe.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BasketballKid » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:47 am

1- Richland
2- Thompson (I think they will make their first ever state tournament)
3-EKM
4- Langdon
5. Shiloh
7. Beulah
8. Powers Lak
BasketballKid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gvmearees » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:31 pm

Region 6= Rugby-Ryan dogfight Advantage Rugby very good freshman this year Disadvantage Rugby= one of the best but also THE worst fan bases(question every call)
gvmearees
NDPreps Reserve

Postby aNDkid91 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:07 pm

Region 8-I feel it's Powers Lake's to lose. They had a couple of freshmen that saw playing time in districts and regionals that will give them an edge. New Town & Mandaree would finish out my top 3.
aNDkid91
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:03 am

Region 1

1. Richland to lose
2. Kindred
3. Enderlin
4. tri-state
5. milnor-gwinner
6. cc
7.pick em
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby moverandshaker » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:22 am

woodchuck10 wrote:Region 4 based on what I seen at regionals this year and what they have returning

Langdon-EM
Four Winds-M
New Rockford-S
Dunseith

St. John
Benson County

I would agree with this for the most part. If Rick brings his big around like he can, the top two could go the other way. It was obvious how important the big is after watching the state tourney this year. There were some down and dirty big battles in the paint this year, what a blast to watch.
moverandshaker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sorenson23 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:53 am

The only region I know is region 5. Shiloh loses what one senior I believe. As long as TLMM has Jacobs their be competitive. And Underwood returns a strong core only loses two seniors that hardly played.

Region 1- Oak Grove
Region 2- Hillsboro-CV
Region 3- Carrington, EK-M, Strasburg-Zeeland,
Region 4- Langdon-E-M, Four Winds, New Rockford
Region 5- Shiloh, Underwood, TLMM
Region 6- Bishop Ryan, Rugby
Region 7- Beulah, Dickinson Trinity
Region 8- New Town, Powers Lake, Mandaree

District 10 next year

1. Underwood
2. Turtle Lake-M-M
3. Garrison
4. Wilton-Wing
5. Washburn
6. Max
7. Center-Stanton

With what I've seen at the end of the season and during tournament time I'm predicting District 10. District 9 will go to Shiloh again. But the top three teams in region 5 has to be Shiloh, Underwood, & TLMM.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:31 am

Last year I made one prediction....I said St' John would go outta R4
wasn't a cake walk and a few disagreed claiming Fw's again...I hadn't put much thought into Langdon and had DP had Hunter Sand the whole season that woulda been interesting also...R4 was very competitive and will be again next year!!

so will R2............definitely no guarantees will be my prediction in R4 & R2
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby spins » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:44 pm

gvmearees wrote:Region 6= Rugby-Ryan dogfight Advantage Rugby very good freshman this year Disadvantage Rugby= one of the best but also THE worst fan bases(question every call)

HA. Lets say Rugby fans are very passionate. The region semi final against DLB was entertaining--this one fella was freakin NUTS. Even the radio announcers were suggesting he be removed.

Ryan loses a lot of depth. They will be a interesting team-i think Rugby goes to state.
spins
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys