The Myth Part 3

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

The Myth Part 3

Postby heimer » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:48 pm

Oak Grove
Kindred
Shiloh
Ryan
Rugby
Trinity
Beulah
Grafton
Our Redeemers

All still alive.

Nope, not the third class.

But don't be concerned. It's an all D5 semifinal in R3, so, according to the 76 champs, everything is just fine in basketball.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Re: The Myth Part 3

Postby NodakQ2 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:57 pm

heimer wrote:Oak Grove
Kindred
Shiloh
Ryan
Rugby
Trinity
Beulah
Grafton
Our Redeemers

All still alive.

Nope, not the third class.

But don't be concerned. It's an all D5 semifinal in R3, so, according to the 76 champs, everything is just fine in basketball.

Yawn... :shock:
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby heimer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:28 am

Yeah, I know, District 5 is boring as heck. I get it.

But, the truth hurts. Glad to see that Fargo, Bismarck, Minot, and Dickinson are so well represented in the "small town" tournament. System works about as well as the FBI preventing a school shooting.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby NodakQ2 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:48 am

Based on all the “action” on this thread, I’m not the only one that is bored. :lol:
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bounce_32 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:13 pm

heimer wrote:Yeah, I know, District 5 is boring as heck. I get it.

But, the truth hurts. Glad to see that Fargo, Bismarck, Minot, and Dickinson are so well represented in the "small town" tournament. System works about as well as the FBI preventing a school shooting.

Your treading on thin ice with that analogy!!
Talent is never enough, it's usually the hardest workers that come out on top!
bounce_32
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bisonguy06 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Heimer was nowhere to be found when eight public schools advanced to state in GBB, when the smaller school won each of the quarterfinal round pairings, and when the smallest (Grant County) won the title.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Bisonguy06 wrote:Heimer was nowhere to be found when eight public schools advanced to state in GBB, when the smaller school won each of the quarterfinal round pairings, and when the smallest (Grant County) won the title.

Heimer is never one to let facts get in the way of the narrative that he is trying to manipulate.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bisonguy06 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:19 pm

Don’t listen to them, Heimer. Facts don’t care about your feelings. But I do. Welcome back!
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby heimer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:52 pm

Just keep winning boys!

On girls: Watford, Kindred, Rugby. But thats common misdirection from Bisonguy. You must work for the metro tournament committee.

And its not my fault the privates dont care about girls basketball. But alas, they blow the recruiting budget on boys.

GO FARGO, GO BISMARCK, GO MINOT, GO DICKINSON! MAKE IT ONE FOR THE HISTORY BOOKS!
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby justplayalready » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:03 am

We are on the cusp and leaning towards likely that Fargo, Bismarck, Minot and Dickinson will ALL be represented at the B this year...but just out of mathematical likelihood would you think one would fall???
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sniper » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:35 pm

It’s too bad Minot had to play Minot already. Maybe we can move one of them to a region 4 so we can see a Minot vs Minot matchup at the B.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bull Herbie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:12 pm

WAA WAAA WAAAAAAAA private schools. WAAAA WAA Minot, Fargo, Bismarck. WAAAAA WAAAA not fair. Must be tournament time.
Bull Herbie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby spins » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Bull Herbie wrote:WAA WAAA WAAAAAAAA private schools. WAAAA WAA Minot, Fargo, Bismarck. WAAAAA WAAAA not fair. Must be tournament time.

well, i can tell you with all certainty if its 2 privates in the final---ill be going home early. i could care less who wins. Im sure i won't be the only one.
spins
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Bull Herbie wrote:WAA WAAA WAAAAAAAA private schools. WAAAA WAA Minot, Fargo, Bismarck. WAAAAA WAAAA not fair. Must be tournament time.

Wow. Here's a suggestion: Find a safe space and repeat "Russians did it, Russians did it, Russians did it." You'll feel better.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bull Herbie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:02 pm

You have no clue about me so don't make any assumptions. I just get real tired of the annual whining about the private schools.
Bull Herbie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:54 pm

Good for you. Then come on and give something of substance to prove the whining wrong.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby heimer » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:36 am

GOT 2 IN! COME ON TRINITY!
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby d_fense » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:28 am

Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:Good for you. Then come on and give something of substance to prove the whining wrong.

Whining is always wrong. It makes people sound like little "bit he's" that are to weak do do something about what they perceive as a problem other than complaining about it. Whining is nothing but pointing a finger at others and blaming someone else for why you aren't good enough.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bull Herbie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:05 am

I'm not going to try and prove the whiners wrong, whiners will always whine. I would just ask how many teams do we need to kick out before your team becomes competitive, and how much will you enjoy a watered down "championship"?
Bull Herbie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bisonguy06 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:10 am

It is indeed a long 'hate' list, including, but not limited to:

private schools of any size
big 'B' public schools
"suburban" (metro area) public schools of any size
schools that were big B's at one time, but are no longer
schools of any size that have had athletes transfer in or open enroll
And most importantly, any town that has more fast food than one Cenex with Hot Stuff Pizza.

If only the NDHSAA had the wisdom to throw all of them out of B, we'd be much better off.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby BISONFAN18 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:20 am

Bull Herbie wrote:I'm not going to try and prove the whiners wrong, whiners will always whine. I would just ask how many teams do we need to kick out before your team becomes competitive, and how much will you enjoy a watered down "championship"?

Watered down? One can get real mean and say class B is watered down already compaired to class A. Everything is relative. ND needs a middle class to make basketball better.
BISONFAN18
NDPreps Starter

Postby BISONFAN18 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:22 am

Keep all private schools in class B. Let them have it. Lets see how bored their fans get. Lets see how desperate thier ADs get to schedule better ball games.
BISONFAN18
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:20 pm

Why do people assume that the people “whining” about the not having a 3rd class are bitter people who weren’t good enough to beat a private school? Yes there are always going to be people who are going to find something to complain but I dare someone to find evidence that the private schools do not have a significant advantage in the current system.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby NodakQ2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:36 pm

Sniper wrote:Why do people assume that the people “whining” about the not having a 3rd class are bitter people who weren’t good enough to beat a private school? Yes there are always going to be people who are going to find something to complain but I dare someone to find evidence that the private schools do not have a significant advantage in the current system.

I have no problem with them having an advantage. That’s life. All the sweeter when you beat them. Life isn’t even, life isn’t fair. It’s what makes “The B, the B”...
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby justplayalready » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:56 pm

NodakQ2 wrote:
Sniper wrote:Why do people assume that the people “whining” about the not having a 3rd class are bitter people who weren’t good enough to beat a private school? Yes there are always going to be people who are going to find something to complain but I dare someone to find evidence that the private schools do not have a significant advantage in the current system.

I have no problem with them having an advantage. That’s life. All the sweeter when you beat them. Life isn’t even, life isn’t fair. It’s what makes “The B, the B”...

Think it more the attitude that that they don't have an advantage...how dare anyone say that we do.

The B is the B because of the drama...any good drama you need good guys and bad guys. Privates are the bad guys and sometime the bad guys get the girl :D ...Problem now is now the good guys are becoming less and less and the bad guys lines are getting blurred. The traditional "what has been" bad guys in the past(Big B's, Co ops, & Lions Tigers Braves oh my stuff) are now blurred into the good guys if the true good guys fall short..A bad guy on Thursday may be a Good guy on Saturday to keep the drama rollin and the butts in the chairs or in front of the TV...

That being said I'm still pulling for the good guys...Go Woodchucks, or yeah yeah yeah yeah you know it!
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys