2017-18 Polls

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby vbfan90 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:06 am

If MPB can play a full game like they did on the first half of the Lamoure game I think they have Carrington by a margin. That first half was clean well played basketball. Carrington will be tough. MPB doesn't seem to handle pressure well and Carrington is very good at that. Should be an interesting game.
vbfan90
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:58 am

I think the Region 3 Championship game will be as good or better than a number of the games at the State Tournament. The 3rd place game could be a really good one also, but you never know how kids react after their dream dies on Tuesday night. If both LaMoure and EKM are focused on winning 3rd place, it could be a heck of a game. I am going to pick Carrington in the championship by 6 pts or less.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NodakQ2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:58 pm

Region 3 Championship did not disappoint. Carrington led a majority of the game. Carrington led after 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters and was up 9 in the 3rd whe MPB went on a 22-4 run the last 10 minutes of the game. If memory serves me correct, they made 5 threes and only missed a shot or two the last 10 minutes. Congrats and good luck to the Thunder. They deserve the #1 seed after getting through this Region.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan111 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:14 am

Hats off to MPB. There were about three times in that game where it looked like Carrington might pull away. MPB stayed composed and outplayed them the entire fourth quarter. Megan Moser played a tremendous game for MPB, and Mering was awesome for the Cardinals. Seemed to me Carrington got outcoached in the final minutes. Thunder made me look like quite the idiot- proved me wrong. Will be a very tough team to beat in the state tournament. FUN tournament.
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby lennylive » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:16 am

vbfan90 wrote:
lennylive wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:
lennylive wrote:Once again they get it wrong... MPB has victories over 4 of the top 10 teams..all of them AWAY games..and they get moved to #2...hahaha... and the #1 ranked team in the state is undefeated, but has not won over anyone ranked...(received votes is all).....

We've all seen how MPB shows up during tournament time... Kidder Country knocks them off in the district title and they would have a high possibility of losing the first round of regionals.

I guess MPB showed up

I can see MPB making it to championship game at regionals. Do I think they will get past Carrington? No. Carrington has been playing very good lately. Would I like to see MPB make it to state? Yes. But I don't think it will happen.

Never Had a doubt...watched all games on BEK..up until last night...NO Idea why they never Broadcast the Championship(wished I coulda watched it from the sounds of it, It had to be 1 heck of a game...lived up to what was to me the State Championship)...but from what I had Seen...they are the team to Beat..especially now that Shiloh was dumped last night ..an undeafeated team who never played a rank Team.... #s mean nothing..except when it counts...MPB will be the #1 seed at state and it will take a VERY tough team to beat them.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:58 am

lennylive wrote:
vbfan90 wrote:
lennylive wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:
lennylive wrote:Once again they get it wrong... MPB has victories over 4 of the top 10 teams..all of them AWAY games..and they get moved to #2...hahaha... and the #1 ranked team in the state is undefeated, but has not won over anyone ranked...(received votes is all).....

We've all seen how MPB shows up during tournament time... Kidder Country knocks them off in the district title and they would have a high possibility of losing the first round of regionals.

I guess MPB showed up

I can see MPB making it to championship game at regionals. Do I think they will get past Carrington? No. Carrington has been playing very good lately. Would I like to see MPB make it to state? Yes. But I don't think it will happen.

Never Had a doubt...watched all games on BEK..up until last night...NO Idea why they never Broadcast the Championship(wished I coulda watched it from the sounds of it, It had to be 1 heck of a game...lived up to what was to me the State Championship)...but from what I had Seen...they are the team to Beat..especially now that Shiloh was dumped last night ..an undeafeated team who never played a rank Team.... #s mean nothing..except when it counts...MPB will be the #1 seed at state and it will take a VERY tough team to beat them.

I agree. Watched the other Region 3 games on Mon/Tues and was looking forward to watching the championship last night. Extremely disappointed that it couldn't be broadcast. What is the point of limiting the broadcast of the championship night games? Can't hurt revenue any more than the other nights.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:18 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
lennylive wrote:
vbfan90 wrote:
lennylive wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:

I guess MPB showed up

I agree. Watched the other Region 3 games on Mon/Tues and was looking forward to watching the championship last night. Extremely disappointed that it couldn't be broadcast. What is the point of limiting the broadcast of the championship night games? Can't hurt revenue any more than the other nights.

Im pretty sure it has to do with wday/wdaz owning the air wave rights because of state hockey.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:59 am

packers21 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
lennylive wrote:
vbfan90 wrote:
lennylive wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:

I guess MPB showed up

Im pretty sure it has to do with wday/wdaz owning the air wave rights because of state hockey.

Was the State hockey tournament broadcast on TV yesterday?
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby senorhauser » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:36 pm

lennylive wrote:
vbfan90 wrote:
lennylive wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:

I guess MPB showed up

Lenny, Lenny, Lenny...show some knowledge and respect on here. This is the second time on this thread i've had to remind you that Shiloh played Rugby over the holiday season when both were ranked.
senorhauser
NDPreps Rookie

Postby lennylive » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:33 pm

senorhauser wrote:
lennylive wrote:
vbfan90 wrote:
lennylive wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:

I guess MPB showed up

Lenny, Lenny, Lenny...show some knowledge and respect on here. This is the second time on this thread i've had to remind you that Shiloh played Rugby over the holiday season when both were ranked.

Your right...I stand corrected....they beat a ranked team by 1 point... I will give them some respect I guess...So Not comparing Scores by no means BUT... Grant County Beats Shiloh by 9 in OT..Earlier in the Year they lost to Napolean/Gackle/Streeter by12... MPB Destoyed NGS twice 1 score was 49-17..thee other was in Districts 34-22...sooo not sure what all that means... maybe some players were sick?...who knows....Anyway...MPB should have still been ranked #1..for the whole year I think....but as I said..#s mean nothing except when it counts...especially in the win column.... looking forward to the state tourney... and I wanna Giving a Shout out to those Lisbon Broncos... Good Luck Tonight !!..REgion 1 needs some new blood at State Also !
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Girls