2017-18 Polls

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:43 pm

its all about peaking at the right time.....new face coaching, new faces on the floor, it all needs to gel
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsfan111 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:40 pm

airmail wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:I was at Carrington vs Four Winds. Carrington won by 20-something but I thought Four Winds looked like a team that could do a little damage if they played under control the whole game. I would not be one bit shocked if they knocked off Langdon in the region championship.

I was thinking the exact same thing until I saw that Langdon stomped them by 37 last night. Didn't see that one coming!

I was thinking it’d be close because I do not think Langdon is that good. Four Winds is a very sloppy team and when they don’t make the random threes they put up they get beat. If they make the region ship and the same crowd that shows up for the boys team shows up for them, it could be a different story.
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:01 pm

sportsfan111 wrote:
airmail wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:I was at Carrington vs Four Winds. Carrington won by 20-something but I thought Four Winds looked like a team that could do a little damage if they played under control the whole game. I would not be one bit shocked if they knocked off Langdon in the region championship.

I was thinking the exact same thing until I saw that Langdon stomped them by 37 last night. Didn't see that one coming!

I was thinking it’d be close because I do not think Langdon is that good. Four Winds is a very sloppy team and when they don’t make the random threes they put up they get beat. If they make the region ship and the same crowd that shows up for the boys team shows up for them, it could be a different story.

Langdon beat your carrington cards while leading all game by double digits until the last couple minutes didn’t
They? But that’s because “that’s the worst Carringtons ever played” correct?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan111 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:40 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:
airmail wrote:

Langdon beat your carrington cards while leading all game by double digits until the last couple minutes didn’t

Ask anyone who was at that game who has seen Carrington play any other time this season and they’ll tell you that was not the Carrington team they were used to seeing.

I would also say Carrington played worse about 2-3 years ago when Lamoure demolished them in the region championship.

Carrington beat MPB without a starter, MPB beat your Langdon cards by 30. Carrington beat Kidder by double digits, Kidder beat your Langdon cards by double digits.

Try not to get so worked up about someone else’s opinion.
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:35 pm

sportsfan111 wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:
airmail wrote:

Ask anyone who was at that game who has seen Carrington play any other time this season and they’ll tell you that was not the Carrington team they were used to seeing.

I would also say Carrington played worse about 2-3 years ago when Lamoure demolished them in the region championship.

Carrington beat MPB without a starter, MPB beat your Langdon cards by 30. Carrington beat Kidder by double digits, Kidder beat your Langdon cards by double digits.

Not upset at all. We get it - you think Langdon isn’t very good and that region 3 is dominate,
You said you thought FW would play with Langdon - they lose by 37 and you give no credit
To the cardinals.
No dog in fight
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan111 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:43 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:
airmail wrote:

Not upset at all. We get it - you think Langdon isn’t very good and that region 3 is dominate,
You said you thought FW would play with Langdon - they lose by 37 and you give no credit
To the cardinals.
No dog in fight

Trust me it doesn't make me happy that region 3 is as loaded as it is.
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:10 pm

Langdon takes a lot of shade on this forum IMO. Maybe it's just a couple posters.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby B-oldtimer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:43 am

Langdon/Edmore/Munich have taken a lot of heat about there ranking. Overall they have some good victories and they have couple of bad losses to region 3 teams. I did not see the Medina game but is sure was sound thrashing from score point. What I have heard was Langdon had tough time with Medina's quickness and size but to be fair to Langdon region 4 does not have this quality of teams that region 3 has right now so I think it was learning curve for Langdon this game. Like I have said before Langdon is young team overall and have new coach so I still think they are learning as season goes along. Also some teams just don't match up against some teams and Medina may be like that for Langdon. I still think Langdon has good chance to get to state this year. The Region 3 may not be fair but it so happens that it has 4 or 5 teams that could possible could win the region but bottom line is only one of them will advance to state. This region was same way in Volleyball where there were number of quality teams. But getting back to Langdon they still are good team and I believe they can beat number teams out of other regions that make the state so they are one top teams in the state.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lennylive » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:32 am

sportsfan111 wrote:
lennylive wrote:Once again they get it wrong... MPB has victories over 4 of the top 10 teams..all of them AWAY games..and they get moved to #2...hahaha... and the #1 ranked team in the state is undefeated, but has not won over anyone ranked...(received votes is all).....

We've all seen how MPB shows up during tournament time... Kidder Country knocks them off in the district title and they would have a high possibility of losing the first round of regionals.

Watched the MPB vs Kidder County game last night on BEK.... MPB showed their strength on the final stretch..but Kidder did give them a run for their $$$.... still say MPB is the team to beat...as all of their wins over the top teams in Region 3 have come on the road.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:05 pm

sportsfan111 wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:
airmail wrote:

To the cardinals.
No dog in fight

You appear to be a Carrington fan. Region 3 hasn't made a pile of noise in the state tournament in the last 4-5 years. They do appear to have 4-5 good teams this year. We'll see what happens in Minot in a month.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan111 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:33 pm

To the cardinals.
No dog in fight[/quote]

Trust me it doesn't make me happy that region 3 is as loaded as it is.[/quote]
You appear to be a Carrington fan. Region 3 hasn't made a pile of noise in the state tournament in the last 4-5 years. They do appear to have 4-5 good teams this year. We'll see what happens in Minot in a month.[/quote]

Let’s say I am a Carrington fan- they’ve been in region 3 for what, 4 years? You think I’d give a crap whether or not that region has had success in the state tournament? Other than Minot- out of the past 9 state tournaments, 6 champs have been from 6 different regions. I was never insinuating region 3 is the best region, just wouldn’t mind having it be as uncompetitive as some of the others so my hometown can have a dang near guaranteed trip to the B.

EDITTED BY MODS for poor language.
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan111 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:34 pm

sportsfan111 wrote:Not upset at all. We get it - you think Langdon isn’t very good and that region 3 is dominate,
To the cardinals.
No dog in fight

Trust me it doesn't make me happy that region 3 is as loaded as it is.[/quote]
You appear to be a Carrington fan. Region 3 hasn't made a pile of noise in the state tournament in the last 4-5 years. They do appear to have 4-5 good teams this year. We'll see what happens in Minot in a month.[/quote]

Let’s say I am a Carrington fan- they’ve been in region 3 for what, 4 years? You think I’d give a crap whether or not that region has had success in the state tournament? Other than Minot- out of the past 9 state tournaments, 6 champs have been from 6 different regions. I was never insinuating region 3 is the best region, just wouldn’t mind having it be as uncompetitive as some of the others so my hometown can have a dang near guaranteed trip to the B.[/quote]
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:41 pm

sportsfan111 wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:Not upset at all. We get it - you think Langdon isn’t very good and that region 3 is dominate,
To the cardinals.
No dog in fight

Let’s say I am a Carrington fan- they’ve been in region 3 for what, 4 years? You think I’d give a crap whether or not that region has had success in the state tournament? Other than Minot- out of the past 9 state tournaments, 6 champs have been from 6 different regions. I was never insinuating region 3 is the best region, just wouldn’t mind having it be as uncompetitive as some of the others so my hometown can have a dang near guaranteed trip to the B.[/quote][/quote]

I'm not sure or concerned with what you "give a crap" about. How weren't you insinuating region 3 is the best region? Not that I care, they look pretty good from where I sit.

Which region is so noncompetitive that the trip to state is dang near guaranteed?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bigbrew22 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:44 am

Region 5... there is zero chance anyone but Shiloh goes to state ...again
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:27 pm

TENTH POLL
Monday, February 5th

1. Shiloh Christian (13) 19-0 164
2. Medina/Pingree-Buchanan (4) 16-2 148
3. LaMoure-LM 18-1 140
4. Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier 16-2 109
5. Langdon/Edmore/Munich 16-2 99
6. Rugby 17-2 88
7. Carrington 14-4 65
8. Thompson 14-3 59
9. Kindred 14-3 33
10. Killdeer 14-4 11
Others Receiving Votes: Grafton (14-4), Kidder County (14-5), Velva (15-4), Four Winds-Minnewaukan (14-5), Hillsboro-Central Valley (14-4).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:16 pm

Is there a region QRF? I'm curious how the regions compare to each other.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Bigbrew22 wrote:Region 5... there is zero chance anyone but Shiloh goes to state ...again

If Grant County is healthy they could give them a run
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby airmail » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:57 pm

Flip wrote:Is there a region QRF? I'm curious how the regions compare to each other.

Not sure where you could find the QRF, but this is posted on the KMAV site:

Girls Region Strength Based on RPI
Region 1 .4842
Region 2 .5168
Region 3 .5312
Region 4 .4763
Region 5 .4948
Region 6 .4982
Region 7 .5271
Region 8 .4549
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Postby lennylive » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:58 am

sportsfan111 wrote:
lennylive wrote:Once again they get it wrong... MPB has victories over 4 of the top 10 teams..all of them AWAY games..and they get moved to #2...hahaha... and the #1 ranked team in the state is undefeated, but has not won over anyone ranked...(received votes is all).....

We've all seen how MPB shows up during tournament time... Kidder Country knocks them off in the district title and they would have a high possibility of losing the first round of regionals.

I guess MPB showed up
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby vbfan90 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:58 pm

lennylive wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:

I guess MPB showed up

I can see MPB making it to championship game at regionals. Do I think they will get past Carrington? No. Carrington has been playing very good lately. Would I like to see MPB make it to state? Yes. But I don't think it will happen.
vbfan90
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NodakQ2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:44 pm

I have a feeling Region 3 Semi Final night is going to look more like a State Semi Final Night. Carrington is playing well easily beating #4 EKM and handling #3 Lamoure in the district tournament. MPB is playing well and was untested in Districts (though Kidder tested them a couple weeks ago). BUT Carrington will have to get through Kidder/EKM and MPB is going to have to get through Lamoure. Anyone of these teams would represent the Region well, but I will give the nod to Carrington, MPB and Lamoure. EKM is going to have to step it up from their District performance if they want to have a chance. One off night from here on out and your season is over. These teams spent the season beating up on each other and now its do or die. This will be entertaining...
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lennylive » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:15 pm

NodakQ2 wrote:I have a feeling Region 3 Semi Final night is going to look more like a State Semi Final Night. Carrington is playing well easily beating #4 EKM and handling #3 Lamoure in the district tournament. MPB is playing well and was untested in Districts (though Kidder tested them a couple weeks ago). BUT Carrington will have to get through Kidder/EKM and MPB is going to have to get through Lamoure. Anyone of these teams would represent the Region well, but I will give the nod to Carrington, MPB and Lamoure. EKM is going to have to step it up from their District performance if they want to have a chance. One off night from here on out and your season is over. These teams spent the season beating up on each other and now its do or die. This will be entertaining...

Girls Class B State Tourney will be held in Jamestown when the Region 3 Tourney is played...hands down... top 4 teams in the state will be there ..IMO
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:28 pm

FINAL POLL
Wednesday, February 14th

1. Shiloh Christian (13) 21-0 156
2. Medina/Pingree-Buchanan (3) 19-2 147
3. Langdon/Edmore/Munich 19-2 119
4. Carrington 18-4 99
5. Rugby 19-2 93
6. LaMoure-LM 19-2 83
7. Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier 19-3 74
8. Thompson 18-3 54
9. Kindred 16-4 24
10. Killdeer 17-4 18
Others Receiving Votes: Grafton (17-4), Lisbon (16-4), Velva (17-5).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ForeverB » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:40 pm

Congrats to MPB and Carrington!!Wow, that was exciting,can't wait for Thursday!
ForeverB
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NodakQ2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:33 pm

Interesting: #1,2,3,4,5,8,9 and 10 and two RV teams are still alive out of the final 16.

Region 3 was a fun semi final night. Both Carrington and MPB controlled their games for the most part, but both made the finish interesting. Thursday should be another great night of BB in Jamestown. The winner of this Region will be “battle tested” for State.

Carrington and MPB split during the year. Both are playing their best basketball right now. If MPB controls the tempo, it is theirs to lose. If Carrington comes out shooting, and keeps the pace up, they’ll be tough to beat. Hang on...this should be a good one...
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Girls